Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a gigantic Final Fantasy fan, I live for it. But there was something about XII I could not get into. I bought it the morning it came out, before my store even opened. I sat in awe watching the opening movie, but within 10 hours I just wasn't feeling it. One day, I will give it a 2nd chance though!

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally loved FF XII. The battle system makes things a little easier, but I like it. I guess it's just to keep you from getting overwhelmed. I don't know.

Though the story moved along a bit slowly, I found that it kept me busy with the side quests and what-not. I really enjoy the mark hunting and rare game hunting. And the weapon hunting... I just love it in general.

I also loved the fact that it dropped the love-story bit. It may be a bit of a trade-mark FF thing, but it was way over used. I kinda enjoyed the political tone it had.

... This game took me 120 hours to beat. Without finishing everything. So, I've decided to go back and try to finish more of it. I'm easily side-tracked.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I finally purchased the game and am a little way through it now, just got my first Esper and took out a few hunts on monsters, it is a pretty good game. :)
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone fought Zodiark yet...I accidently (yes accidently) ran into him looking for a Ribbon Acc. and thought I had a chance. I have all magics, all techs, Good Armor/Weapons, party level around 58 average and he thwarts me with the bloody paling!!!!! I hate that thing!

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just started playing the game this week, it's alright, but the story isn't really gripping me to play. The Voice-acting I like, but the over-all story isn't pulling me in. I hate the gameplay as well. I know the old turn-based can be boring, but it's what I prefer. This is just my first impression though.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the game so far, but I hate Vaan.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty certain most people with some semblance of taste would share your disdain for Vaan. But hey, at least you don't need to use him all of the time.

I was just having a look back at my Final Fantasy XII data recently, and I realised that the only thing I haven't done is fill up my bestiary, so I'll need to get round to that at some point. Well, there's that and then there's creating some sword, but I'm not sure if I could put myself through that kind of torture.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
I like the game so far, but I hate Vaan.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't blame you at all. While I don't hate the boy, I'm certainly disappointed in him. He's a very poor main character. Cry baby Tidus made me care about him far more than Vaan ever did. In fact, the only character that is at all appealing to me is Balthier, and just because he has great lines. This cast of characters, believe it or not, somehow surpasses the poor quality of main characters in Final Fantasy VIII. I thought nothing could top that. I mean, the only character I had any interest in was Zell. Laguna, Kiros, and Ward were awesome, and the game should have been about them. But anyway, Final Fantasy XII had it way worse. To tell you the truth, the storyline didn't interest me except in the very beginning and at the very end. However, I do have to say that the dialogue in this game is easily best in the series. It seemed to be of the same caliber as the works of Shakespeare, at least in phrasing. I must say that I loved the dialogue, especially at the top of the tower that never ends. That was good stuff. Okay. Will stop rambling now.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you guys heard about the Inernationl version they are releasing? It has a job class and New Game+!

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hooray for New Game Plus! Now I get to keep all of the items, levels, and abilities I have in my best game! Oh wait.

Honestly, the game isn't worth playing that many times. People have played it once or twice already (if that), and then they are expected to start from scratch again and beat it and then they get the New Game Plus benefit? I don't know about you, but I would think that people would be tired of this game by then. I also doubt that Final Fantasy XII would make a good New Game Plus game. Take away the difficulty in game play and you're left with the story? The story is pretty poor compared to most other RPGs. If they were going to have the New Game Plus, they should have just released it with the game, or done without it. Besides, the license board fills in one thorough play-through. But anyway, that's just me.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasyxiiinternational/index.html

There's some more info on it.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm so instead of allowing you to make FF7-style EVERYTHING characters, the Zodiac board system will force you to choose a role for each character when you recruit them and then you're stuck with that? From what I read it seems the jobs are not changable either.

I guess then they're targeting those that have played the game before, because I definately would have screwed up my choices were I asked to pick classes from the get go. I like having Fran as a white mage/archer, now they're saying I have to choose?

If anything I see this as some kind of way to force people to use more than three characters. In my time in the game I had a main three (Vaan, Penelo, Fran) and then with Ashe I worked up her white magic and defense so that if someone died I could swap her in and resurrect.

Hmm I have to say I don't like what they're doing with the change - I mean im all for the job system, I think that its a big part of FF games and something they should keep... and I like the fact that you can make anyone anything... but at the same time it seems wrong. Perhaps I'm just being fickle.

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The international version will most likely never see a release outside of Japan. It has been a common move by SquareEnix to re release their Final Fantasy titles in Japan under the International branding. Mainly they are the PAL version with Japanese sub titles, but this one does seem different and a lot more interesting. I don't think i would buy it though.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Hmm I have to say I don't like what they're doing with the change - I mean im all for the job system, I think that its a big part of FF games and something they should keep... and I like the fact that you can make anyone anything... but at the same time it seems wrong. Perhaps I'm just being fickle.

I'm actually not at all a fan of that style of game. It's annoying if every character is the same, because you'll just pick your favorites and never switch out for the other characters. I mean, let's face it, in Final Fantasy VIII, the only real distinguishing difference between the characters was their limit breaks. The same is true for Final Fantasy VIII. There's no reason to play with any characters other than the three you normally use (that are leveled the highest). I much prefer games such as Final Fantasy IX where each character has a set role, and that in order to succeed, you have to be willing to use all of the characters. Plus, all of the characters were useful, so you never felt like you were wasting a slot in your party. That's just my opinion on the matter.
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Tonberry. It's kind of pointless when you find a combination you like, or you find the best sets of gear. Everyone turns out the same, instead of having preset strengths or weaknesses over the other characters. I mean, yes, some might have natural abilities over others, but generally, they all turn out the same in the end.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: