Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

jowy a star of destiny?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nupandu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks for your info guys... :D
psylo

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Jowy is the star of destiny too. But not with Riou. They walk their own path. Seed and Culgan is one of Jowy's SoD. Just assumption. But, i think it's logic. Since they have their own true rune, and it's actually one Rune of the Beginning. Maybe Leknaat must choose which one of them is the true leader. So she separate their path and watch.
Sierra's sister

Night Wanderer

202901 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe, just maybe...Jowy will be a Star in other series (I told you JUST maybe!). There's always possibilities.

"H-huh? What? I got too many karma???"
-Sierra's sister usual idle banter
chaco

Chacos Regiment

45276 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think Jowy is the star of destiny too. But not with Riou. They walk their own path. Seed and Culgan is one of Jowy's SoD. Just assumption. But, i think it's logic. Since they have their own true rune, and it's actually one Rune of the Beginning. Maybe Leknaat must choose which one of them is the true leader. So she separate their path and watch.

Yes I am in agreement, Jowy had enough followers who were helping him with his cause, Seed, Culgan, Leon Silverberg, Lucia and even Yuber for a while and he could have had others we dont even know about.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leknaat gave the stone tablet to riou. It is also possible that Leknaat gave another stone tablet for jowy.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But what would the point of a second stone tablet be? There can only be one set of 108 Stars of Destiny at any given time.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do we know that to be true? There really isn't evidence, unless it be japanese only additional materials.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leknaat mentioned that she also see jowy as he cross paths with riou right?
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The_Sun_Rune":3107i33p]Leknaat gave the stone tablet to riou. It is also possible that Leknaat gave another stone tablet for jowy.

Okay, so she could have given one to Jowy. It would just have been completely useless and inane to do it since there can only be one set of Stars at a time it would have either been empty or shown Riou's side.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Raww Le Klueze":2yqi3gjk] or shown Riou's side.

Wouldn't that have been a nasty trick! :twisted:

Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not so sure knowing the names of 108 people in army of thousands is going to do that much for you.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could potentially squash some spy work, as well as provide targets for assassinations, and other such things. Not that I would really expect Jowy to stoop to such tactics.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":1dn62zg2]Do we know that to be true? There really isn't evidence, unless it be japanese only additional materials.

Well, considering there are several characters who appear in Suikoden II as non-Stars (the McDohl entourage, Lepaant, Kasumi or Valeria, etc.) who were Stars in the first Suikoden, their Stars now being occupied by other people whose names are the sole names to occupy the Stone Tablet makes a compelling argument.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really. The stone tablet could be time sensative, and only portray which stars matter at the time/in that area. More likely though, it is a simple question of game mechanics. Why would the player need to know the names of the Stars of Destiny from other wars that the Tenkai just so happens to know?

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the idea that there's only one Tablet of Promise in a world at any given time comes from the fact that we've never seen enemies that have stars of destiny other than enemies that end up on the hero's Tablet of Promise. It's a pretty good assumption when there's zero evidence to the contrary.

Also, Tierkreis seems to point to the "one world having only one SOD set" paradigm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: