Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

First bug in Suikoden Tactics?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: First bug in Suikoden Tactics? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing the level in Kooluk that has the Gladiator-style arena and the gate you hack down.

I had almost finished eveyone off and I went to swap a character out so I could level up some of my low levels guys off the few remaining enemies. My character said her "I'm being swapped out" text but when I hit the X button the text box wouldn't go away. A second later the music went silent and I knew that game was frozen.

It could have been a loading problem. My PS2 is really old and on occasion has trouble reading games.

Anyone else experiance any bugs?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only noticed one translation error (was instead of what I think). Other than that my control seems to be acting up, sometimes just moving to the right or pressing square without me even touching it but I think that's just because I've dropped it one too many times.
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw a text error,
where Kyril says
We don't even know what is up to.

But the dialogue is
We don't even know what he's up to.

Other than that I've only seen the occasional screen twitch.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happened once to me, when I was about to complete the Mother Earth Chamber (or whatever it's called now) in the JP release. Frustrating like hell.

Repeating the Obel Ruins is definitely NOT fun.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EZ_Rabbit wrote:
I saw a text error,
where Kyril says
We don't even know what is up to.

But the dialogue is
We don't even know what he's up to.

Other than that I've only seen the occasional screen twitch.

In otherwords it is probably the best translated Suikoden game. As sad as it is, it is rather humourous to think about how awful and inconsistent the games have been adapted here.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 and 2 had typo and grammar errors everywhere. Suikoden 3...just had bad translations left and right. Really, really bad translations. Suikoden 4 had too little dialogue for translations to be much of an issue, but there were still inconsistencies.

^Actual quote!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game is pretty flawless compared to the translations and glitches in all the other Suikodens.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know whether Lazlo can die in the NA version of Suikoden Tactics (I think he could in Rhapsodia)? Cause that would be a bug of sorts, or at least an inconsistency.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They seemly fixed that bit for the US relese. He could die in the JPN version but he'll just withdarw in the US version. Oh god... A Suikoden game... Us version... Better than the JPN one... *Head exploeds* :lol:

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Noah is indicated as HE during the explanation of her 'steal' command the first time you use her ...

not sure about Rene and Carrie ...
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: A Possible glitch for rachel. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Something wierd happend to me when i had rachel in my party, she had just leveld up to level 32 and i had looked at her hp and it said she only gained one hit point more! but i didn't understand why, so i leveled her up a couple of other times and she still only gained 1 hit point more , either rachel levels up like this for the rest of the game or something happend, does anyone know??? Is this a possible glitch.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No she just has a poor HP growth for her later levels.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Double post: disregard.

Last edited by Forum Poster on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
They seemly fixed that bit for the US relese. He could die in the JPN version but he'll just withdarw in the US version. Oh god... A Suikoden game... Us version... Better than the JPN one... *Head exploeds* :*laugh*:

So if Hero IV dies, who gets the Punishment Rune? -_-

The developers certainly forgot to think that one through. Good to know they did fix it for the US release.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: A Possible glitch for rachel. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hotspot wrote:
Something wierd happend to me when i had rachel in my party, she had just leveld up to level 32 and i had looked at her hp and it said she only gained one hit point more! but i didn't understand why, so i leveled her up a couple of other times and she still only gained 1 hit point more , either rachel levels up like this for the rest of the game or something happend, does anyone know??? Is this a possible glitch.

I think I figured out your problem. It seems you're using bad characters instead of good ones. This will invariably cause a glitch with the game's logic engine and may seriously damage your PS2. I suggest you switch to a solid team with Simeon, Corselia, and Eugene to avoid any further issues.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't got any bug. But I just finished the game once, and I did things fast. I didn't got all characters and didn't made all sidequests.

And about the Rachel problem you should try to do what Scarlet said, but I think when he said "Eugene" he meant Tristhan or Jeremy or Flare. Maybe he meant Frederica, but probably not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: