Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The elusive title--rumor or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: The elusive title--rumor or not? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard that in Suikoden III, if a character has the max number of kills (999), they will get a new title (like IceMage or Slasher). However, I have never been able to find anyone who's gotten it, nor can I find what the title is listed anywhere. I'm working on getting Hugo to 999 kills, but I want to know if it's worth the effort.

1) Does this title exist?

2) What is the title?

Whoever answers gets a cookie!

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never heard it before, sorry. 0.o The only way I know to give people titles in Suikoden III is to talk to Jefferson after collecting the medal sets. It sounds to more like a myth than truth, but I've never (to my recollection) gotten a character to 999 kills, so I can't say for sure.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Hugo has 1118 kills and has no special title.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, then maybe it is 9999 kills (I thought the max was 3 digits). Hmmm, maybe it's not worth it after all. Well, I'm still interested to see if anyone has gotten it/knows what it is.

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never even heard of this until now. I somehow doubt it.

-My DeviantArt-
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is real, and it does exist.

The title is called something like "Genocider" and it replaces whatever original title the character had achieved.

I've seen a screenshot of it. That screenshot was achieved with a GameShark though. I've never heard of anyone gaining the title through normal means (killing 9,999 monsters).

^Actual quote!
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. Well, if I'm ever really bored and have a lot of time on my hands, I can work on that (or hopefully it will happen naturally on my quest to get every character to lv99!).

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

interesting! if there is a code to make kills = 9999 i'll check it out in the future to confirm.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That'd be cool. I'm not sure if it has any kind of special effect though. I think it's just a title. And I'm not sure if Jefferson's titles appear with it.

^Actual quote!
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That kind of thing would probably be much easier to do with one of those special controllers that people use to max out their potch (run yourself in a circle and leave it on overnight).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: