Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

is craMming multiple runes good for the upcoming suikodens???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
I think that Cramming true runes is not a good idea because it isn;t a good idea to end the series until the game starts to lose money andd bores everyone so i think they should bring in as few runes as possible to keep the game going

I think it would make the game even more boring to only have one true rune in each game.
Even if the games kept going, it wouldn't be worth it if they were all boring. I'd rather see the series be shorter and keep its awesomeness than keep going forever and become a bunch of crap.
Kasim Hazil

The Blue Moon Brotherhood

11390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See, I love the True Runes and everything about them. They add such a great dimension to the game because they pretty much transform whoever possesses them.

Perhaps this comes from the fact that I'm also a huge fan of the Highlander movies and TV series, but I would like to see at some point using the True Rune power of immortality a little more. We saw it with Geddoe and Jimba in S3, but I'm thinking even a plot of one game that spans something like 50 or 100 years. Have the first half of the game occur in one time period, and have it end in a normal "Game Over" situation, like an unbeatable battle and then spell out what happens. But your main character and the enemies who he/she's facing are True Rune holders, so then go "50 years later" or something to that effect, and you start the second half of the game, basically from scratch. Your character has the same stats, but probably different equipment and a different outfit and you go and recruit a whole bunch more stars, then when you collect all 108 the ones that you collected in the first half of the game are brought forward through time for the final battle. This would be a case when you would really only NEED 2 True Runes, like in S4 which many people considered to have too few, but could have more and that would mean that you would be able to keep some of the same characters in both halves of the game, or recruit them over again, or fight them again if they were on the other side.
Henion Ziguard

Henion's Beserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that they should cram them into games but they should add enough to keep it intersting. Suikoden III handled it well. Each rune should be important to the story and what happens.
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if more True Runes are incorporated into the Suikoden series then we'll get closer to seeing all 27, and although we have heard of a large proportion of them, not all of them have been seen used in battle, only as incarnations or attachments, not for their full power which is held.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the end I think that doing this will result as the downfall of the suikoden series. It would be nice to have 27 suikodens but thats just not possible.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prince Crisafulli

Fulli Force

5827 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you think logically, when we get to Suikoden 5 already 20 True Runes will either have been seen in action or been given a mention within the series, so obviously they won't make seven more games to culminate the series with the other 7 True Runes and the emergence of the ones mentioned but not seen in action. Therefore I think its fair to say that there won't be 27 Suikoden games released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: