Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Biased Angsty review wrote:
if anyone says they like Dragon Quest, they are only saying it to impress their Japanese friends.
I didn't know everyone who actually likes playing the series has Japanese friends 0_o.

And I want to meet the people who bought the game solely for the FFXII demo, without being a drooling fanboy please. In fact, if the game'll have a FFXII demo in the PAL version, I'll gladly chuck it at the fanboys to keep them occupied..
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've put about 10 hours into this game and so far it's a decent game but nothing great. The characters are interesting but the story (so far) is limited, none of the music is even nearly as good as the better RPGs out there but the sound effects and voice acting are good. The gameplay is decent and the skill system is a fun way of customizing characters. The graphics for this game are great however.

So what weapons/skills are everyone focusing on for the characters? For me Yangus is using a Scythe, he may not look as cool with it as Magus but it's stil an awesome weapon.

Red wrote:
Also the "king" guy looked eerily like one of Piccolo's race.

As soon as I saw the King I had an urge to go play Chrono Trigger as he reminds me more of the Green Imp enemy then he does of DBZ.
Grayfox

The Silent

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
the absurdly repetitive and bland Final Fantasy XII

Wait, does that mean I'm not the only one who disliked that dmeo?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the FFXII Demo, since It reminds me of FFXI, but with a wait option.

That, and I think Jessica's voice is the sexiest voice I've heard. Aside from Nel. <_<

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this game something fierce.

That is all.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game is pretty good, I'd say. Stores nearby from my place is already out of stock!
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reminds me of how RPG's use to be. Earn every last little thing you get. Albeit money, exp, whatever. Though fighting anything involving metal slimes other than the metal slime riders is so worth the trouble.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Equus

Sindarin Speed Bumps of Rage

197132 Potch
0 Soldiers
2993 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm switching periodically between this and Magna Carta right now, and I'm liking it quite a bit. It took me the first 6 hours or so to really start enjoying the game, but now that I have the characters and they're leveling up and getting new skills, I'm finding it really enjoyable. There's part of me that really looks forward to leveling, not because the characters will get better in their attributes but I want to distribute skill points, of all things. Why that's so exciting to me, I'm not entirely sure, but there it is. It was only last night or so that I realized this and that I'm really enjoying the system quite a bit, simple though it may be.

I haven't really decided on most of my characters' weapon/skill specialties yet. Right now, I have the main character using swords/boomerangs and Yangus is using mostly axes with some levels in fisticuffs just for chuckles. Where I'm really going to go with it all, I really have no idea. ^_^

As for the FFXII demo, I thought it was kinda pretty, but nothing mindblowing or immensely entertaining. Having the combat parts without any storyline whatsover is not something to write home about, in my book.
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got this game and I say its awesome! Basically you've all said all there is to say about it.

One thing though, the character designer Akira Torayama, his style is written all over this game. In case none of you know who he is, he worked on Dragon Ball, Crono Trigger and the Tobal's as well. I personally like Tobal No.1 most out of those but they're all good I suppose.

Anyway, though I have 4 hours in Dragon Quest and the coolest thing I've noticed (besides the character designs and music) is just how frikken' huge it is. Good god.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its pretty fun.. There are some boring parts But man.. This is a long game

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this game last Sunday and I have been playing it a lot. I told myself I would just test out Final Fantasy XII then go back to playing Final Fantasy VI (I've been playing that for about a month) but I decided I couldn't just skip Dragon Quest VIII for now. So, I decided to test the game out and after five minutes I was hooked. It sucks. I don't think I'll be playing Final Fantasy VI anytime soon...
Beethoven4567

Sacred Guards

39804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragon Quest VIII , in my opinion, is the best Dragon Quest ever!
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Grayfox wrote:
Leb wrote:
the absurdly repetitive and bland Final Fantasy XII

Wait, does that mean I'm not the only one who disliked that dmeo?

I did'nt like the FFXII demo either. I felt it was too bland and too much like an online RPG (which I hate btw).

I finsihed Dragon Quest VIII aboout a week ago and I really enjoyed the whole game. It actually felt like a good ole RPG and the cast of characters were very good and funny.

I also liked how the world itself was massive ( something that has'nt been present in RPGS on the PS2 before it) and the sense of exploration was a nice detail.

To sum it up, the best RPG I've played this year.:)
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I got a little over 20 hours in the game, and I don't think I've laughed this much at an RPG before haha.

Just today I ran into the coolest damn thing, the Mum-Boe-Jum-Boh. Some other memorable characters in my opinion are the devil dancers, pelvic thrusters, and the witches when they duel Jessica at a "Battle of the Bulges."
Hilarious! The developers had good taste you know?
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently playing it and i like it,the hero is cool. The ability to use 3 different types of weapons is great.Yangus calling you guv all the time is kinda cool to, Angelo is the ultimate playboy sounds like his dad the way the Simpleton people talk, [deleted] Jessica is really cute and a decent fighter too, [deleted] the king is funny to listen at times and very helpful at others,it's funny when Yangus keeps calling him grand dad the king just hates it. Did anyone get all 115 mini medals some you can't get until you beat the game the first time,save and continue your journey [deleted] I don' t really care for the monster arena sidequest it gets annoying as you get higher ranked. plus on your regular journey you encounter monsters who have death spells that can wipe your whole party. the tap devils got me once going to Argonia lake to get the chest nearby i had to start where i last saved fortunately it was Baccarat so i didn't have far to go,i just cringe and hope they don't use that spell when i fight some more,i was forced to flee when dead ringers wiped out all but Jessica in snow country i hate fleeing but i didn't want another wipeout on my record either.The alchemy pot concept is alright too you can get rid of useless stuff and create space as well. I recomend this game to anyone that's how i'm killing time until suikoden5 comes out.

Edit by Synchysi: Mark and hide your spoilers next time.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: