Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Super abusable power characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yees. I definitely agree with that... Killey owned every monster i came through. You should definitely try him out. He'll make the Beast Rune look like a puppy!

Actually, my most over powered character is always... Viki!
I just equipe her with stat up accessories and if possible Wizard Runes... She has a good affinity to Fire Magic and Water Magic. Let's not mention her Pale Gate/Blue Gate affinity. Plus, she's so funny to use... However, the downside here is her screwups... How i hate that.... :cry:

Pepe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Killey, Hai Yo, Sheen front line is godly, and Clive, with all the runes equipped, can take out an entire set of enemies from the back row when you beef him up.

In SIII, I really liked using Emily...even at moderate levels, she was hitting 5 or 6 times per turn, and she had a pretty solid attack. Juan was pretty baller too, if you combated the sleep he started every battle with.

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, I forgot about Emily. She's awesome.
I used to use her, Juan, and Hugo for about a billion hits.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...apparently I haven't done nearly enough abusing in my time of playing Suikoden. I usually just pick characters I like and throw them together, and then put Runes I like best on them...and then the best armor I can find, and the sharpest weapons I can afford. Never done me wrong.

...I take it back, in 4, I totally got my characters up to Level 99, where it didn't matter how they were set up, because Cray and the Tree were total pushovers at that level either way.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have a party of 4 characters at level 61 in Suikoden 4, almost every monster is a pushover...literally. At that point you can Slash Rune even the mini-bosses like Ancient Crab, Leviathon, and Moving Island (the thing outside Middleport). So powergaming is almost pointless to me. I spend my time getting materials for new armor sets. Not that I use them...I just feel the need to make them ^^;

Viktor is a good character to use in Suikoden 2. I know he's naturally powerful and a bad magician (like many heavy fighter characters), but he gets 2 rune slots...rare for a heavy fighter. That means he can have Fury and Double-Beat! Plus a free weapon rune slot.

Luc is equal to Mazus in terms of MAG stat growth. He may or may not be slightly more powerful than Mazus, depending on your luck. But Luc's advantage is that all three of his rune slots are open, and Mazus has two runes permanently attached. Plus, Luc and Mazus have differing rune affinities. If I remember correctly, Mazus actually isn't so great with a Blue Gate Rune, even though he has one permanently attached.

^Actual quote!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suiko 1
Didn't really bother here, with Valeria and Kasumi in my party I was happy.

Suiko 2
Do I have to mention Valeria in Suikoden 2? She's still the only character I've seen break the damage cap solo...
Optimal conditions ( Falcon rune 2x damage )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Geshumaru/picture00041.jpg

Optimal conditions ( Falcon rune 5x damage )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Geshumaru/picture017.jpg
It does so much damage ( theoretically 44500 ) that the game cannot handle it as damage and ended up healing :O

Suiko 3
Emily yes I found if you equipped her with a draining rune ( used to hate that rune till GS3 ) she crits so often that she's basically immortal.
Ayame - Shrike and Double-Strike - she easily did thousands of damage alone every round always moving first.
Ayame + Landis - the combine of these two is so godly powerful that it is the integral part of my 1 round Rincor victory strategy. 9999 damage combine, mega-fast execution.

Suiko 4
Haven't really bothered to tell the truth, Kika + Fury rune is about the biggest damage I got...

generic nameless swordsmen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I to used the drain rune on Emily. And the Landis Ayame combo was unbeatable. I never had a monster damage guy in S1. I never needed one obviously. Who are the best characters for massive damage in 1?
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Believe it or not, Chiepoo has the highest STR out of the people who get three rune slots at Level 99 (unless you get lucky with Dario or whoever else). Here's the setup I gave him:

Equipment:
Headgear: Goblin Court Hat (DEF+25, MAG+6, SPD+4)
Clothing: Goblin Overcoat (DEF+49, MAG+5, EVA+10)
Wristband: Goblin Beads (DEF+22, SKL+2, MAG+2, SPD+2)
Footgear: Goblin Clogs (DEF+18, SKL+2, EVA+2)
Accessories: 3 Power Rings (Total DEF+9, Total STR+45)

Runes:
H - Fury Rune
Rh - Double-strike Rune
Lh - Killer Rune

Total STR with equips: 234
Weapon Lv 16 ATK: 250
Total ATK: 484
+20% ATK from Goblin Set bonus
x1.5 from Fury
x2 from Double-strike

His high SKL and extreme LUK combined with the Killer Rune allows him to be able to counter attack easily, and deal critical hits more often than normal attacks. He's also got a pretty high SPD that allows him to kill enemies before they get to hit him. His critical dealt about 4700+ on the Great Tree.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo might be the strongest with three runes slots but unlike characters such as Gretchen and if you can get the 120 MAG needed for 3 rune slots: Dario and Axel, Chiepoo cannot equip Ogre Armour, which means he needs to use one of the rune slots for a Fury Rune and even with the 20% bonus to ATK he still comes in a bit weaker. He does have better skill then those three though, but with a killer rune everyone does more criticals than regular attacks (unlike Suikoden Tactics).
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try this Chiepoo it can be fun:

Chiepoo lv 99
weapon lv 16
Equipment: anything that greatly raises his luck
3 counter/ lucky rings
Counter rune
Killer rune
Fury rune

With this he seems to counter a lot when you let him take defensive postion. It is too bad he can not get the firefly rune, You could try the same thing with Eugene but he does not have a high luck stat as Chiepoo does.
When he attacks he gets a lot of evasivions and critical hits too. The downside with him is that is not defensively strong and that counters and critical hits are not a sure thing.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Do I have to mention Valeria in Suikoden 2? She's still the only character I've seen break the damage cap solo...
Optimal conditions ( Falcon rune 2x damage )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Geshumaru/picture00041.jpg

Optimal conditions ( Falcon rune 5x damage )
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Geshumaru/picture017.jpg
It does so much damage ( theoretically 44500 ) that the game cannot handle it as damage and ended up healing :O

Holy crap!

Did you make sure the enemy was asleep? Sleeping enemies take x1.5 physical damage in Suikoden 2. Plus I'm sure there are enemies with lower DEF than that bird thing, but I may be wrong. What runes did she have equipped?

Or did someone else take these screens?

And wouldn't the Valeria/Anita unite deal more damage? It would combine the attack powers of Valeria and Anita, and if Anita is boosted with the right runes she can deal some decent damage too. And Valeria also has a critical attack with the Falcon Rune (like your name suggests).

^Actual quote!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the topic Falcon Critical made ages ago:

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4278

The end result was that while both Valeria and Killey do massive amounts of damage, Killey does a bit more.

Falcon Critical wrote:

What do you mean 'solo'? Killey does it solo too.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, my beefcakes...so to speak.

Suikoden 1: Ruby, ruby has pretty good magic but unlike most mages can be a useful attacker, one of the better bow users being long range is also nice (I wish Luc used a bow). Kwanda Roseman, my favorite tank character in the game, he's a hard hitter wears heavy armor and uses a shield, something most of the other heavy armor dudes don't. His Weapon is medium, although you'll want him in the front row taken the dmg.

Suikoden 2: Humphry, if you gave Humphry the windslash armor @ the end of S1 then you'll have yourself my favorite Tank in the game. With the windslash armor on and maybe a gale rune Humphrey becomes quite useful. Zamza, if you throw the fire sealing rune you get at the Highland camp, I'm pretty sure that he get's a third rune slot at later lvls and his magic skills are pretty fair. All that equals a hard-hitting, melee-mage mix. Oulan, throw a fury rune on her, and she can do her special attack every turn for some nice and massive damage, her defense is also pretty good making her a great frontline choice. Lastly wakabe, throw a balance rune on her and she'll kick monster tootie all day long with no probelms, also she ends up having disturbingly high hitpoints if I remember correctly.

Suikoden 3: Cecile, she's quite the little tank, lvling her up properly give's thomas a pretty good bodyguard. Speaking of thomas, once he gets up there into the higher lvls, you'll notice that he's actually got, some pretty good skills.

Suikoden 4: I remember Ameria and Gretchen both being beefcake, though I can't for the life of me remember why, but use them and maybe they'll be beefcake for you too. And trishtam too...I need to go play S4 again...

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^I agree with you about Cecile. She was awesome. I think she had the most defense of all my characters in Suikoden III. She was just a cool character too.
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cecile= mini version of Chris. It's scary when some of the most over powered characters in the third game ranged in age from 12-17 years of age. You don't expect the cute little kid with knee socks to be much use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: