Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Super abusable power characters
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Super abusable power characters Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made this thread so that people can post their favorite ways of powering up characters to super awesome levels.

I got the idea from an old thread about Rina being really good. It made me wonder what other kinds of combinations of runes or whatever exist out there.

A few people that I found to be good in Suikoden III were Juan and Hugo. Juan is really powerful because of his drowsiness rune (I think it was called that. I don't have the game with me to confirm it). Also he had could hit a lot of imes because he had both multiple hit skills very high. Hugo also had the ability to hit many times which I liked.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm gonna post my way of powering up Gretchen from Suikoden IV.

Gretchen gets 3 rune slots and has one of the best STR stat for those who get three rune slots naturally, she also has a good PDF stat (around 180) so the Warrior rune is useful on her. So this is how she turns out:

• Level 99 : 180 STR, 180 PDF
  • Killer Rune, Double Strike Rune and Warrior Rune : +90 STR, -90 PDF, 2x
  • Damage and Increased Critical Rate
  • Complete Ogre Set : +60 DEF, +2 SKL and +48 STR
  • 3x Power Rings : +45 STR, +6 DEF (I think)
  • Level 16 Weapon : Night Sword : +240 ATK
  • TOTAL ATK : 603

Not bad all in all, feel free to point out anythings I could do to make her even more powerful. :D
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV is sort of a different ballgame, since you can actually get the characters to LEvel 99, rather than struggling to get them to 60 in the final dungeon. I mostly recall characters that are just hilariously powerful...

Mazus and Pesmerga from Suikoden II come to mind. Pesmerga has the best equipment in the game permanently locked onto him, and he's strong, and tough. Mazus has three very powerful Runes and by far the best magic score in the game.

You can combine Futch and Bright in Suikoden III to form a ridiculously powerful super-unit...

I guess I don't know what you mean by abuseable. Some characters in Suikoden are simply better than others...and when you put strong Runes on already powerful stat characters, you end up with a powerful fighting force. The main thing is just to avoid the Freed Y's of the Suikoden universe...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I guess abusable was a bad choice. By abusable I just mean that you can take advantage of their open rune slots, weapon strength, skills, etc.

I basically just want to hear ways that people have pumped up their characters to ridiculous power.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is an easy one for suikoden 4:
Basically give a character (if pfysical fighter) a fury rune or complete ogre setand 3 power rings, maximize weapons strength and maximize level to 99 and done! For magic users give them equipment that raises the mag stat and upgrades of the elemental runes, magic rings (though you might want give them rather speed rings because most mages are really slow(with the exception of Ted)).
Here are some of my overpowered (but not perfect) characters:

Hero lv 99
weapon level 16
Ogre set
3 power rings
rune of punishment
slash rune
kiler rune

Kika lv 99 (together with hero they wipe out anything very easy)
weapon level 16
pirate king set
3 power rings
falcon rune (pwnage)
fury rune

Mizuki lv99
weapon level 16
ninja set
3 power rings
shrike rune (pwnage)
fury rune
killer rune

Ted lv99
weapon level 16 (why did i even upgrade his weapon?)
guardian set
3 magic rings
souleater
rage rune
flowing rune

Jeane lv 99
Weapon level 16 (same as Ted)
venus set
3 speed rings (not really necessary at lv 99 but she is really slow)
charm rune
thunder rune
earth rune

Snowe lv99 (can do easily around 5000 damage with combo attack with hero)
weapon level 16
hero set
3 power rings
fury rune
double strike rune

I guess these are pretty much standards, they can do all around 2000-3000 damage on their own( kika using her falcon rune, Mizuki using her shrike rune ted using lvl 4 souleater spell and Jeane using lvl 4 Thunder rune spell).
Using a party of hero, kika, ted and snow with above equipments took down the final boss in one turn. Not much of a challenge there. Even a level 50 party with these equipments take down the final boss in one or two turns. :|
Talking about a pathetic final boss :x .
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS once made a Supa Tuta. That is to say, he made Tuta from Suikoden 2 so powerful that he did more damage than Pesmerga.

And there was another article somewhere on how Hai Yo can deal more damage than Pesmerga as well.

Of course we all know that Killey and Sheena can deal more damage with physical attacks than any other characters from Suikoden 2 if they are used just right, with Killey being just slightly better.

Re: First entry
I like that Gretchen set-up. I noticed that for a warrior-type she had good runic affinities with Fire and Water and a decent magic stats as well. I didn't now that she also got 3 runes slots though. I'll have to check that out...

^Actual quote!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you set up Sheena and Killey to do the most damage?
I never really used them because I just wasn't interested in them.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not interested in Killey? Blasphemy!

They were good because they had 3 open rune slots, for Double-beat, Fury and Double Strike, see here:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/indepth/runeslots.php
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

11,290 damage on Killey's first strike, 11,291 damage on Killey's second strike.

I believe that monster is now dead.

^Actual quote!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool thanks. I'll have to try it out. I never knew Killey was so good. :cry:
Admiral Ackbar

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey is pretty useful even without making him a "munchie" or whatever. He gets three rune slots, has decent rune affinities, medium attack range, decent attack power, and some other things. Even if you don't try to increase his attack power he's extremely useful. Same goes for Sheena!

^Actual quote!
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same trick for Killey also works for Clive. Basically anyone with three free rune slots you can make into a monster in this fashion.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in suiko2:
well i level nearly everyone to lv. 99 with the help of the fortune rune
first of all i make the main character at lv. 48 all over the game so at l'renouille he becomes at lv.99
and for the others i make them at lv.38to48 and then i level them up to 99
so all over the game i play with high level characters so they don't gain levels.
well for the ones who are above 50, they are problems cause they don't get to lv.99
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aww you guys mentioned mine already. Sheena's the man ehehe. I use him over Killey because I hate Killeys hat... stupid hat. Okay maybe that's not it, I just don't like him. He's mean, and picked on Alex, poor Alex. Yeh, okay so maybe I'm the only one I know of that dislikes Killey, but I do! *avoids flame bolts*

Also in suikoden 2, well one as well, but 2 is more customizable, I use Luc. I think his magic skill is a bit higher than Mazus? If not it's pretty close. I thought Mazus had better defense is all. Anyway yeh, Luc, offensive runes for 3 slots. Up his magic with rings and such.

Suikoden one the only real abusive character for me really was Tir, Soul Eater is just too good. I suppose this could go for Suikoden II as well.

Suikoden III was Juan, hands down. I equipped him with a yellow scarf so he'd be awake. You equip him with fury and get all his skills up. He hits really quick, a lot of times and for a pile of damage.

Suikoden IV was pretty much covered, everyone can hit for a lot.. I powered Selma up pretty decently. No one is really sticking out for me though.

-My DeviantArt-
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You read my mind too. I love using Killey often. I love his attack and his style.
Inflicting total destruction and looking good while doing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: