Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 4 - A Map To Nowhere?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 4 - A Map To Nowhere? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've managed to complete all of the treasure maps, except for one - #22. And I can't for the life of me figure out where it's showing. Is it possible to get a map that's glitched so that no matter what, the sonar won't go off? I ask this because I have quite literally combed all of the treasure areas. I put on a Champion Rune and literally walked every inch of the Mountain Mass Island, the Limeshelves Island, Mordo Island, and even Donut Island and the sonar never went off once. I spent a good few hours just walking every inch of space and nothing happened!

This is driving me crazy! :?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Somebody might be able to help you if you post an image of it up or at the very least describe it to us.
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: Now there's an idea! I didn't even think of that! :lol:

Okay, I drew the map in paint and uploaded it. This is it:

http://www.darkwoodinc.com/~digitaldreams/treasure22.GIF

I'd love you forever if you'd help. :wink:
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

strategy guide says "possible locations: limestone shelf island, mass mountain island (beach or mountains)"
that is all it says.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd agree with that, it's safe to assume it cannot be Donut Island and it's unlikely to be Mordo Island. Judging from the dark brown on it I would say it's most likely on Mountain Mass Island although it could be a close up of Limestone Shelf.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like mountain mass island to me!! I think I had the exact same map. I remember the actual treasure being a lot more closer to the beach than the map showed.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is on mountain mass or mass mountain or whatever island, but I cannot remember where exactly it is.

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's at the middle of the beach... not on the mountain mas... but on the beach... I think on the eastern side.... right from ship. It's somewhere there...

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, it's mid-beach at mountain mss island; the margin for error, meaning how close you must be to trigger the 'sonar' on this map, is very narrow. you can't be mre than a pace/pace + 1/2 off or the sonar deactivates; off all the maps i've gotten, this one is the most frustrating to work with. you literally have to pace slowly, as in molasses pouring slowly.

i managed to find it by sheer luck and a rare flash of extreme patience.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ones that were the hardest for me were the ones that were nearly completely brown. No landscape to help with that one.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to inform you that I love you all. I went to where you all had suggested, walking so very, VERY slowly. I was about to give up when suddenly... it beeped. I nearly jumped out of my skin when it happened!

Needless to say, I found it! :lol:

Thank you all so very much! I was literally doing a happy dance and I really wouldn't have found it without your help! :mrgreen:
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wasn't a fan of how the maps are always random, so I couldn't just cheat and look, because minigames like this one that require A) patience and B) putting up with random encounters...are infuriating to me. Normally, I wouldn't have even attempted it, but I wanted a Cyclone Rune, a Rage Rune, a Flowing Rune, and a Mother Earth Rune...so I had to play around with the maps until I got those, at least...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The random encounters did not bother me much. I just had a high level character with me with a slash rune and a prosperity rune equipped and have Noah as a support character.
That way i made easy money while hunting for treasures.
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sheesh......where do you get all of the treasure maps?

I'm still missing 5+ or so.......can't find the others :?

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which maps are you missing?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: