Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Plot Hole in Karaya Raid [S3] (Spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Hugo meets up with Jimba at the Great Hollow, he says that he was checking out Budehuc Castle on request of Chief Lucia.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to put this to rest, Dupa is in fact right outside the Chief's room when Geddoe arrives at the Great Hollow in Chapter One. I'm at that part of the game right now, and Dupa is absolutely present.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As awesome as Suikoden 3 was, there were definitely some weird knots apparent in the plot. Not as bad as Chrono Trigger, but still glaring nonetheless.

The first time I played this game, I always felt like I'd missed something during the Karayan raid... even seeing it from 3 different viewpoints didn't help my understanding. Of course, most of this was due to the whole Sarah illusion spell, when this was revealed, alot of the plot problem disappeared. How was Chris at the other side of the great hollow, when she is clearly at Brass Castle or at the peace treaty? Who exactly killed Zepon when no one else was in the room? Wasn't Borus with her, so why is he clearly seen massacring the Karayan village? You know, questions like those.

In order... Sarah/Luc/Yuber, Yuber, Sarah/Luc. Possibly while Albert designed this whole mess to fall around everywhere and start a war.

That whole 6th chapter really helped my understanding of the game, even though I might've messed up part of that... it's still been a while since I played it.

During the first chapter in the first playthrough, Geddoe's doesn't quite tie into the other two, until you find out that he's secretly working with Salome. Another weird plot turn... Salome mails advice to Geddoe all the way Caleria or something and the man has to walk all the way back.

The second playthough I paid alot more attention, but something still felt amiss. I gotta give this one to people who argue about how bad they think Suikoden 3 was, but I still like it.

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As awesome as Suikoden 3 was, there were definitely some weird knots apparent in the plot. Not as bad as Chrono Trigger, but still glaring nonetheless.

The first time I played this game, I always felt like I'd missed something during the Karayan raid... even seeing it from 3 different viewpoints didn't help my understanding. Of course, most of this was due to the whole Sarah illusion spell, when this was revealed, alot of the plot problem disappeared. How was Chris at the other side of the great hollow, when she is clearly at Brass Castle or at the peace treaty? Who exactly killed Zepon when no one else was in the room? Wasn't Borus with her, so why is he clearly seen massacring the Karayan village? You know, questions like those.

In order... Sarah/Luc/Yuber, Yuber, Sarah/Luc. Possibly while Albert designed this whole mess to fall around everywhere and start a war.

That whole 6th chapter really helped my understanding of the game, even though I might've messed up part of that... it's still been a while since I played it.

During the first chapter in the first playthrough, Geddoe's doesn't quite tie into the other two, until you find out that he's secretly working with Salome. Another weird plot turn... Salome mails advice to Geddoe all the way Caleria or something and the man has to walk all the way back.

The second playthough I paid alot more attention, but something still felt amiss. I gotta give this one to people who argue about how bad they think Suikoden 3 was, but I still like it.

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Coketastic, you have a double post. You might want to fix that.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He can't now that you've posted in the thread. Oh me, oh my, oh nooooo!
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WAsn't Jimba and Geddoe having a little meeting and that was when this whole thing happen

KAraya i remember like this((Lucia was no where here))

Geddoe and co. come and Aila triggers a battle. Then Jimba comes and breaks it up and scolds Aila. They then go into the village and that is when the meeting comes and then we have the battle scene which happens when a karayan and Queen say that Jimba and Geddoe should see this so how could Jimba be trying to get to Bheudec Castle
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mergle

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose this is a long-dead thread... but I do think the reason Dupa was present in the Great Hollow when Zeppon was killed was because the programers messed up. As it's been pointed out, if he'd actually been there, he'd have known of the assassination, and wouldn't have agreed to the peace treaty. The lizards are honorable (for all that they practiced retribution upon civillians at Iksay), and wouldn't have agreed to the treaty in order to trap and punish Zexen. They'd have charged them with the assassination outright.

For the longest time, my sister and I simply assumed Dupa had lied at the peace treaty meeting in order to trap Chris and Co, but that no longer jives with my interpretation of him and the lizards's sense of honor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: