Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kooluk Map?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Kooluk Map? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys, I tried over at Suikosource.com and didn't get very far, and since Sars is pretty busy as of late I thought I'd see if any of you resourceful little devils could find me the map of Kooluk from Suikoden Tactics/Rhapsodia. I'm not sure how many people aside from Sars imported the game, but if any of you happen to have a free moment once you pick up the title and have a digital camera, I'd appreciate a clear-ish shot of the landmass.

I'm working on an updated and stylized "world map" of the Suikoden world using an old-world style cartographical design, but I want to make sure that Kooluk's layout is correct, since we have access to images like that now.

The closest thing I have seen is This image on IGN but all it shows it the same angle seen in the map inside the Suikoden IV instruction booklet.

The map is pretty much on hold until I get a concise image of the Kooluk region, and I'm not execting to get Suikoden Tactics for myself until the holidays when I'll have more spending money. So, that's my humble little request to you all.

The map will be public domain once it's finished, so you'll all be free to use it on fansites or what have you. there'll be two versions, one that only features "known" lands, and another more fanciful map that is similar to Suikox's War map, with a little creative liscense here and there.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're still interested I can probably get a picture tomorrow, it won't be great quality or anything though, just a photo of the TV.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i drew a map of Kooluk a while back but i decided to add bits of land on.

Just ignore the cities and stuff that was for some RP thing that i done.

Kooluk Map
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk: That would be wonderful, remember when taking a photo of your television to turn your flash off and make sure there are no other lights on in the room :3

Destiny: Is the detailing on that map official, or is it primarially conjecture based on the Suikox map? If that's based on something Konami published than it's absolutely perfect as far as the coastline goes.

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, i used some of the info from the Suikox map. The south was completed from using the actual Suikoden IV map from the game. Sorry i can't be of much help. :(
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These are pretty crappy photos but I'm sure you can work with them, I'm sorry it took so long to post them, and I'll update them when I've unlocked all the locations in Kooluk.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7922/untitled4ye.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4962/untitled20iv.jpg

The map for Kooluk is zoomed in compared to the Island Nations.
Working from the bottom up is Fort El-Eal, then the Ruins of Collanbal, on the right is Mersto, to the left is Caleron Laboratory, the first red dot is Terana Plain and the last dot is Haruna. Only Merseto and Haruna are towns.

This one is of the Island Nations, just so you can figure out the size comparison, El-Eal is where the ship is:

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/2478/untitled37wv.jpg
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doesn't Kooluk reminds you of Highland from S2? With their similar relative location and size compared to the protagonists' nations in the both games, eh.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of S4 reminds me of S2 (Snowe/Jowy) but yeah the fight of a small nation against a much bigger nation definitley reminds me of S2, except while Jowston conquered Highland's biggest city, the Island Nations only managed to destroy a border fort of Kooluk.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the Islanders only wanted to protect their lands, not conquering what belonged to the others. Also, unlike Highland, it was pretty much only El-Eal involved in the war (due to Cray's scheming), not Kooluk in its entirety.

So, do we know for sure if Kooluk is truly comparable to Highland in terms of size? Or could it be that the Island Nations map was zoomed out much further compared to previous titles' maps, because of the huge region of sea water around the islands?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you look in the first image I posted you'll see part of another island/country in the top left corner, I'm curious to know what land that is, if it's still Kooluk I would say that Kooluk is a pretty damn big country.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow i have never seen that picture of Kooluk, It's frigging massive. That land you speak of Hawk could be Kanakan????? Maybe......
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BEAUTIFUL!

I'll be able to use that to finish the details on the map, thank you a great amount Hawk, I'll have the mpa up for view as soon as it's done :D

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Destiny's Warrior wrote:
Wow i have never seen that picture of Kooluk, It's frigging massive. That land you speak of Hawk could be Kanakan????? Maybe......

If you go by the Nation Map on this site then Kanakan is the only place it could be, however I'm not sure we know enough to completley rule out there being another land mass there or even that still being Kooluk.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kooluk would have to be fairly large and powerful for them to take on the Scarlet Moon Empire, which we know is a rather large nation itself, and quite strong. I suppose it might have been weaker in the time of Suikoden IV, but I somehow doubt that is the case. Kooluk would also have to be rather powerful to even consider trying to expand their territory into the Island Nations while fighting against the Scarlet Moon Empire. ...So I guess this makes sense.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You probably already have these maps but I'll post them just in case:

Dunan

Toran
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: