Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Floating governors.. ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Floating governors.. ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The title is not very explicit, and I'm sorry about that.
My idea was (and I'm just getting back into the forum mini-game, so forgive me if this has already been shot down or implemented) that maybe the governor of a Location, or units residing there (if such a thing is possible) would become part of the invading nation unless they succeeded some sort of escape roll.

One issue I see with this is that it would end up favoring extremely a nation with a strong strategist, as they would take over more and more units, leaving the other nations progressively more and more defenseless, as some strategists may choose to put their strongest on the borders; but I think it may also make it more interesting to obtain combat victories, as you are now wagering your position in your land when you fight, as opposed to wagering nothing.

And, who knows, we could even have more escape rolls, like one per day or something, to signify the captivity...

What do you all think?
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that would lead to a lot of mayors immediately leaving their "captor" nation and joining the mercenary group.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting idea. It'd have to be modified to avoid the situation Lucent has described, but I can think of ways to avoid that; we'll see.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: