Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stat changes coming for phase 8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Stat changes coming for phase 8 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just an advance warning that the formula for stats will be changed beginning phase 8. I will add a few more variables to give some more variety to stat progression. The current formula makes progression somewhat uniform, which is frankly boring.

I will try to make things not too painful, but people with rediculously high stats (such as myself) will probably feel the blow the most.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, that sounds pretty interesting. I bet you will throw some nice surprises at us. You know how I like new things.) Like if you go on an Exploration 'mission' you may find a chest with some Stat Stones in it...heh heh, that would hold a bit of a Suikoden feel to it. :wink: Maybe 'Luck' will enter the play... I guess I cannot use my Gameshark/Codebreaker to give myself 999 Speed here though. :D

On a more serious element, I like how the changes you plan to implement on the stats may make things a bit fairer (like how some of those crazy people have 1000+ strength stats.) all round. Edge Riou will probably not be too keen on that, as I may just be able to defeat him in the Battle Engine thing that you have. It really is a wonder how you and Sync find the time to do all of this stuff..

You do have a good method of making things fresh and new at this site of yours, so you need not worry about things ever being boring. Anyhow, my Stats are all round pretty even, so this should not be too 'painful' to me. My HP might go down a bit, but that would not be a worry. Even if these plans do affect your stats a lot more than the rest of us Sars, I doubt many people would still be able to defeat your unit in the Battle Engine... Well, I look forward to how ever this new development effects our stats.

-Traz
Tobias Amherst

Tuxteth O'Grady, USA

1584 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very interesting aspect, SARS Ad-minh. The ideas that appeal to me always come straight off the fryer at the food places, so I look forward to the implementing of this new system.

Oh man my IQ Tiredness stat went up too high! :shock: :?
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish for karma to take another large role into state pergression.. I know it affects leveling up.. that part is easy to notice.. maybe it does alreayd affect stats more than I thought, I just havn't really paid much attention?

[edit by KoRnholio] Deleted triple posts[/edit]

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Karma has always been a large additive to stat and level progresion. It's quite easy to notice actually, the closer you get to 200 words per post and the higher your Karma is the higher your stats generally are. Or at least it leaves your magic high, your magic defence and defence high, and your HP.

Julious Cezar
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Karma has a lot to do with stats when you're fairly new like me, just compare my stats to those who have posted less than me but been around longer and you'll see a huge difference.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread isn't for discussing the nature of stats. Please stay on topic.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for the warning SARS! I hope my SKL doesn't change!
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't know if this questions been answered yet or not, but will the changes alter everyone's current stats or will it only effect future stat growth?
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The change will be retroactive as well.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the warning (speeding up the speed).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still feel like a little single celled creature with my stats.
if Luck gets added, what then? "how many people reply in a post you post in/make?" Luck singifys your critcal hit rate right? My LUK is always low. I rarely hit and hit hard with topics or uploading art and wowing people.

anway you are a busy guy there, are we going to have other new things in phase 8?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things are added/changed to the war system for every phase.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know there are more and more 'goodies', i just wonder when we'll get cannons or we can be ko'd and not able to post for a day.

KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Possibly, if a nation loses all their battles in a phase, a virus is put in their strategist's computer which somehow causes a largered boxing glove attached to a spring to pop out and punch them in the face, ala
http://www.schickele.com/images/schaaf/punch2.jpg .

ETA: Phase 18?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: