Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Imperial Capital Glaska

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Imperial Capital Glaska Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question for those who have played Rhapsodia. How Big is the City of Gruska? Is it bigger than Vinay Del Zexay, or it is as big as Gregminster-the biggest city in the series we have seen so far (based on population)?

I'm very interested in Suikoden Geography, so I'd be very grateful if someone could say something about the Imperial Capital......
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would put my hand in the fire that harmonia is the biggest city out there

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rai-Jin, ,Harmonia is not a city but a nation, if u meen the game version of harmonia's capital then yes i would have to agree it is the biggest city. ( i may be wrong) Sorry to go off topic there.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, judging by how the game works, it's likely that the game doesn't flat out say "Gruska has a population of ____". The artwork for the city doesn't reveal a sprawling city, nor does the theme give a "bustling town" feel.

I think a lot of the city statistics were revealed through publications.
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i know that, but while you play, you can see is it bigger than Vinay Del Zexay, you can notice the difference from something big and something small... I haven't asked about the population, I just want to know is this city big like Muse, Gregminster, Vinay Del Zexay... or is it something like Obel, Kuskus, Kyaro, Caleria etc.
And if someone has the will to tell more about the city itself, is it on the mountains, or hills or forrest etc.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you may know, in Rhapsodia you don't get to explore tonw and cities, you just get one artwork representing the city,a nd otherwise you just choose where you want to go from a menu. Glaska doesn't seem very big, in that respect, but it is the biggest city in Kooluk.

Also, L'Reouille is the city with the largest population as far as we know so far (population of 21000, while Gregminster has less tnan that).
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I see, well, thank you very much.

I know about the population of L'renouile, but we can't actually go into the city, while we can explore everything in Gregminster. As you know we can go just in the Castle in the midle of L'renouile town, so you can't actually say that we have seen the whole city... Altough I was very dissapointed with that :(
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks comparable to L'Renouille to me. A huge castle in the middle with the rest of the population surrounding it. At least it is more like a castle, than a dungeon.

I wouldn't be surprised if L'Renouille had a bigger population though, as those long-winded corridors could definitely use a bigger amount of soldiers to guard them.

Quote:
I just want to know is this city big like Muse, Gregminster, Vinay Del Zexay... or is it something like Obel, Kuskus, Kyaro, Caleria etc.

However, based on these two broad categories, I say that Graska should be with the former. Plus, I definitely wouldn't put Obel and Caleria inn the same class as Kuskus and Kyaro. Obel might not be as big as Muse, but I'm positive that it should be at least of South Window calibre.

Nonetheless, comparing the 2D cities with 3D ones is quite difficult as most of the 3D cities suffered from the graphical upgrade introduced into the series.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tinto must have a decent population considering they are pretty much their own country by S3 time. Especially considering they attack the grasslands and stuff.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are their own nation by the time of Suikoden III. It won't be the size that you saw in Suikoden II as Tinto will have expanded much since Suikoden II and it's land and population will have increased.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I heard somewhere, that Harmonia's capital, Crystal Valley, it takes a whole day to walk from one end of the city to the next, so I'd say its probably the biggest city in the Suikoden world.

Kooluk seems to be a rather small country, but nonetheless poses a fairly good threat to nations around it.

is it just me or is the Kooluk Empire in turmoil?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: