Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sparda wrote:
The day is coming everyone (except for Europeans who got it yesterday) 2 more days and man I am so stoked about this almost as much as I am for Dragon Force, I am so exicited :*laugh*: I really really really hope it rocks!!

It does, it does :P. Though there's gonna be one little thing that'll bother you probably, I'll leave it til you've played the game.. You'll probably know the thing I mean.
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you have me really curious now, cause I am as excited as he is. You really have me wondering. :?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viktor2008 wrote:
you have me really curious now, cause I am as excited as he is. You really have me wondering. :?

Oho, the fun begins, don't worry about it, you'll either figure out the thing I'm talking about, or you won't notice it at all. Don't think the game's going to be bad because of it :wink:
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright then, but I doubt ill see it knowing how bad Im looking forward to owning it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it the Season Mode? I heard it's a let-down (although better than last year's). Or is it some gameplay related thing?

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The season mode in the original WWE SVR was ok at first, then it began repeating/clashing with the storyline. It seemed really lame to see Eric Bishoff protect me from any battle before one PPV, then sent his whole roster out at me before the next!
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose a few of you folks from the US will be picking up RAW vs Smackdown 2006 today. Well as a citizen of the United Kingdom, I've been playing it non stop over the weekend. Heres a few things you might like to know;

Theres a glitch in the running animation that can happen quite often, where the person running will stop animating and just glide along the floor on one foot. Its funny, but a really silly thing to have overlooked during testing.

Had a problem with Slobberknocker mode yesterday, which you need to do well in to complete all the Rising Star Challenges. The first person I would face would constantly be glitching, abruptly rolling along the floor from the standing position, then refusing the leave the ring when defeated; and therefor Slobberknocker mode would not continue... had to do it on another memory card to get it to work.

You can't decide who wins matches in GM without actually playing the match itself. Doesn't sound too bad on paper, but with six or seven matches a show and with people like Mark Jindrak in your roster it can become a chore.

Whatever you do, don't lose the entire Royal Rumble scenario in Season Mode (might be the same for all scenarios, but I don't know that for sure yet), because instead of getting a different story if you don't win it, as in the past Smackdown games, you just get thrown out of season mode and have to start all over again.

Beyond all that, the game is actually pretty fun, I certainly prefer it to the old Smackdown vs. RAW game. Season Mode is fairly decent, a big improvement from the last one though.

GM mode looks like it could be fun, can't wait to get created wrestlers involved in it.

Speaking of, the detail in CAWs this time round is unreal. You may well be very impressed by what you see. T Shirts don't look like they're painted on to the bodies anymore!

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't lose Royal Rumble? Although I never played SD!vsRAW's, in HCTP (the best game in the series) I never lost in the last 20 times I did it. So, it musn't be difficult. Even with the changes introduced in the last game.

Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the only reason I lost was that I wanted to see if there was an alternative storyline for those who don't win the Rumble. Seemingly there isn't.

The Royal Rumbles work a bit differently in SDvsRAW than they did in HCTP mind you.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I heard. Another bar I think it introduces. Meaning more button mashing. Meaning HCTP's Royal Rumble still being the best.

Also, I heard that *SPOILERS* Eugene and Regal's part on the Season Mode is really humourous. Have you got it? If yes, is it that humourous?

Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

in HCTP (the best game in the series)

I agree that is the best one so far. Hey Ganon Dun, besides the glitches, and such How is the story line? Does it beats HCTP story line, cause thats the best one so far.
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Weeeeell.. The story line's good to go through once or twice, but you'll basicly always get 1-2 of the same stories in it. If you don't like one of the stories (ie Triple H + Flair), you could always pick one of the other superstars included in it. Basicly, if you choose Triple H, you wont get the 'against Triple H' storyline. I think there's still a few senarios I haven't found yet,but going through the same ones just to reach them is getting a bit dull.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The storylines are alright. However they are a significant improvement over the storylines that were in Smackdown vs. RAW, likewise the voice acting has been vastly improved. I wouldn't say that it beats the HCTP storyline however, as its quite linear and the roster is worse than it was in HCTP, so it has that disadvantage already.

They claim that you get a different storyline for each character, but thats a blatant lie. There are maybe two or three variations between characters (moreso between those in the different brands), but you'll always get three or four stories in one season; one of which will always be the Royal Rumble story, regardless of whether or not you're on RAW or Smackdown!.

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the game and can easily say it is the best Wrestling game since No Mercy Ive barely skimmed the top of it though, it is waaaaaaaaaay better than last year's SVR and is a better than HCTP, graphics...amazing, Move sets.....amazing, season mode.....pretty good, music.....pretty much lame, and the various game modes made it even better. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to admit in all honesty, that while I usually dont get wrestling games, nor do i particularly become attached to these sports games, I have become entrenched in this game. I would not in the least bit say, that I am addicted to the game, because if I was I would be playing it right now, much to the chagrin of my roomates. However, there is not so much trouble pulling myself away, considering that I have a whole load of other games that I am playing at the same time. I just need to push through all of this, and also look for a job considering that the work I have been doing will be coming to an end very shortly.

I would just like to say however, that the character creation system on this game is far better than some of the games that I have played in the past. Not that it's all that important to me, since I might create one or two characters for my own personal use. It is afterall, that I dont play online, so otherwise there really is no use for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: