Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

One Piece is the Cool
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: One Piece is the Cool Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who agrees? I'm surprised there wasn't already a topic for this (I hope there wasn't). I've seen other people talking about it in other topics, but couldn't find a topic for it.

I love this manga. I don't care as much for the anime (especially the gross dub version), but that's only because i love the manga so much that nothing can compare. I've read to chapter 241 so far and it hasn't gotten bad for me yet. It's the funniest manga I've ever read besides maybe GTO.

Also, the action and the characters are very great. Luffy is my favorite character of all time because he never gives up no matter what. He's also just so dumb all the time that I can't help but crack up. Tony Tony Chopper is really funny too. I hope One Piece keeps going for a long time because there are so many possibilities for it.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The manga is awesome, one of my faves, the anime less so but it has it's moments if it's not filler. I really HATE the English dub. Got. SORON? CHASER? Ugh.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
The manga is awesome, one of my faves, the anime less so but it has it's moments if it's not filler. I really HATE the English dub. Got. SORON? CHASER? Ugh.

Oh yeah Chaser. I guess they can't have a guy smoking all over the place, even though all his moves have to do with smoke.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Oh yeah Chaser. I guess they can't have a guy smoking all over the place, even though all his moves have to do with smoke.

Y'know, funny stuff sometimes happens with him in the "dubbed" version. Smoke comes out of his mouth even though he isn't smoking :lol:

I love One Piece. Eichiro Oda is one brilliant mangaka, with the story and character development. The art's so-so, but rather than that everything's great. If I compare this to another manga, I would say that Groove Adventure Rave is on the same level with One Piece.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One Piece is definitely up there on my manga list. The latest arc is GREAT. Lots of drama and character development I thought we'd never see in One Piece.

I personally hate Rave though. :(
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I've watched this show on television a few times. I think it's pretty awesome. That smoke in the dude's mouth is a bit silly, but it's still cool. My favorite character on the show is Zolo.

The intro song is awesome for this show. :mrgreen:
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
One Piece is definitely up there on my manga list. The latest arc is GREAT. Lots of drama and character development I thought we'd never see in One Piece.

I personally hate Rave though. :(

This arc is exceptional. I can't wait to see Luffy whoop all of the butts.
I've loved every story arc of One Piece so far though. It's one of the only manga that hasn't had any low points for me.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge wrote:

The intro song is awesome for this show. :mrgreen:

...The dubs intro? That is like one of the most embarassing things I've seen. I can't imagine me saying I'm a big fan of One Piece thanks to that dub.
Oboro Tennosuke

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saying Rave is on par with One Piece is...well, maybe you need to read further ^^

The only thing that IMO is costistently bad in OP is its lack of females. Not because I'd like to drrol over them, but just for variety. Of all the women we have seen, only Robin and Bellemer had vaguely important roles. (yes, I'm purposefully ignoring Nami. I hate her.)

Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The lack of females is probably due to the fact that pirates were traditionally male.
There were a few female pirates, but not many. Usually having females on a pirate ship was considered bad luck.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the dubbed intro song...
daoster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One Piece is probably my favorite series right now.

The dub really sucks, thanks to 4kids cutting and editing the anime beyond recognition, but I like the dub intro a lot more than the first One Piece intro, which sounded kinda cheesy to me.

And yes, Water 7 arc is now competeing fiercly with the Arabasta arc as being the best OP arc yet.

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vince, I know about that...but OP is not some realistic manga, or you could argue that real pirates didn't have DF's....

Anyway what's everyone's favourite crewmember? My choice goes to Sanji, his style is unmatched...and his trash talikng is top tier too.

Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oboro Tennosuke wrote:
(yes, I'm purposefully ignoring Nami. I hate her.)

How can one hate Nami?!
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it isn't that realistic.

Does crew exclude Luffy because he's the captain? If it doesn't then I'll say Luffy's my favorite because he's stupid. My favorite crew member is Tony Tony Chopper though because he's just so funny.
Everytime Usopp lies about something, which is all the time, Chopper believes him.

Also, does anyone think Usopp is just getting cooler and cooler? It really surprised me that he was able to fight Luffy so well, and now he's the sniper king. I always just felt sorry for Usopp because he always was overshadowed by the others. Now he's actually becoming more courageous and a more formidable fighter. He's developed a lot as a character throughout the series, mostly in the Water 7 arc .

What's the problem with Nami anyway? She's a good character.

Oh by the way, I like the One Piece dub song too. "Yo ho ho he took a bite of gum gum." I think it's a catchy tune. It's about the only thing I like about the dub, except Robin's voice which I think they got pretty well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: