Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Romancing Saga

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Romancing Saga Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Should I buy this game? It looks ok, and i wanna do something. But some peopel say it isn't that good. So if anyone has played this game can you tell me if you liked it enough to buy it? please?

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hear it's awful.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a great game for me, but the series is notrious for being an "either love it or hate it" production.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Romancing Saga 3, but not the first two. But if they're similar, then I'm sure I'd love it since I greatly enjoyed 3. But as Sars said, the Saga games are a love/hate thing.

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That game DOES look good but wasn't it UNLIMITED Saga that people said sucked big time? Maybe they're totally different series... forget what I said. Man, there are so many good RPG's coming out and that have recently been released (Fire Emblem P.O.R., Suikoden Tactics, Shadow Hearts III, all the Final Fantasy games...) that there's just too many to choose from!! :cry:

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are actually the same series, however having played the game myself I can say with a great deal of certainty that this game is far better than Unlimited Saga. Also for those completely unaware, this is actually the first game that was made for the series, it's just a remade version for release in Japan, and of course now here. So I wouldnt judge it because of the games that followed it, because you wouldnt judge the original Final Fantasy by the games that were made following it would you? Of course not, the games that start series should generally be judged on their own, rather than against the games that followed. Of course, in the case of the original Suikoden, which was linked in several ways with the other games, could be brought into the same league with the others.

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Insert minor spoilers here . . . not that the game really has enough storyline to be spoiler-ish.

Admittedly, Romancing SaGa is NO SaGa Frontier . . . but it gets about halfway there. And yes, RS is WAY better than Unlimited SaGa.

It goes back to the fun-fun eight main character system . . even if half of the main characters share storylines. The battle system is fun, of course. The weapon and skill systems are delightfully easy to abuse, too, as long as you're willing to sacrifice a little overall attack power to increase endurance.

My only other real problem with the game is that the entire thing is WAY to open-ended for my tastes. I really prefer a little more structure in my RPGs. But, that's a personal taste thing . . . so whatever.

By the way . . the Minstrel is hot. VERY hot. :D

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOLIER! even though theres NO story!

I bought this junk of a game.. MAN 56 bucks.. For nothing! I can't even start the game because it tells you nothing about what to do! I HATE IT! arg.. why.. does anyoen think that superstore will refend my money?

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, give it a chance, mate. You're forgetting the Golden Rule of RPGs.

~~~~TALK TO EVERYONE~~~~

Minor Spoilers, I guess.

Just keep talking to people in different towns, and you'll eventually unlock the begining quests, then higher ones, until you get through the game. Note: Any quest that has to deal with a Fatestone, is going to be freaking hard. Note2: Crystal Lake is EVIL. Note3: Don't fight anything two stories+ tall, unless you've got like . . . a lot of HP. :(

Of course, you could always buy the new strategy guide that came out. Either way.

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, is this one a remake of the orginal game? or a totaly new, Romancing Saga? I passed up purchasing this game for pS2's digital devil saga. But I did eye it, among many others. I couldn't manage to emulate Romancing Saga 3 properly, are we going to get one of those? why not just for the DS, sure you could still steal it, but its eaiser to just translate, than remake right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a re-make of Romancing Saga 1. It's been transformed significantly though, compared to the original Super Famicom release back in 1992 or whenever it was. It was never released outside Japan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: