Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lucent's Questions about the War System
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Lucent's Questions about the War System Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

History is written by the victory, and all that right ;)

As it stands right now Grasslands has expanded (for better or worse) into Harmonia and joined the push that Faleena and Nameless Lands have put forth to diminish the Holy Kingdom's presence.

In a related question: Exactly what criteria must be met for a nation to become a "vassal nation"? Is it only the lossof the capitol city?

Last edited by Lucent on Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All of a nation's territories must be conquered for that to happen.

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd wrote:
All of a nation's territories must be conquered for that to happen.

Ahhh, that makes it a bit more clear now.

A second and somewhat related question: How does a nation's PP suffer when their capitol has been overtaken? Do they gain any at all for actions, or are they reserved to a purely "reactionary' position where they can defend but not conquer?

If such is the case, is it possible for a nation to "surrender" its remaining holdings instead of fighting a battle of attrition with a force they can not counter-attack?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Split topic.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[Posted in original topic just as it was split. original post deleted]

When a nation loses its capital city, the amount of PP it receives is equal to the largest number of connected regions. So, if a nation was effectively split in half, it could get as much as 5 PP or as little as 3 PP. The following phase, once a new capital city has been selected, they receive 5 PP for the capital city plus 1 PP for each connected region.

A nation will be able to defend it's remaining territories, but if they wanted to surrender, they could forfeit any battles coming their way, thus losing the targeted territory.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought I was going daft for a moment. Good good, I'll try not spamming up the stickied topics with my questions from now on ^^;

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
When a nation loses its capital city, the amount of PP it receives is equal to the largest number of connected regions. So, if a nation was effectively split in half, it could get as much as 5 PP or as little as 3 PP. The following phase, once a new capital city has been selected, they receive 5 PP for the capital city plus 1 PP for each connected region.

Okay, I'm not so clear about this part. Considering that Jowston lost its capital city again, how many PP do we have for Phase 7? Using the answer on the quote, we'd have 6 PP because the largest number of connected region in the southern area. But a PM I sent to SARSadmin regarding this was answered with Jowston having either:
1 PP if we move the capital city to Valley of the Wind, or
2 PP if we move the capital city to White Wolf Pass.

So I'm just wondering on which one is the correct answer and how many PP would Jowston have for Phase 7.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For example, now that Crystal Valley has been taken by the Nameless Lands, Harmonia is now split in half. We have 5 territories south of Crystal Valley (Dusumnek, Plaats, Rega Arme, Urbo Haven, and Sajah Village) and 2 north of it (Abarro and Chefurbo Kaimuttal). I have to select a new capital, and I can move it for free as long as the new capital is a region adjacent to the old one (so Abarro, Plaats, or Dusumnek would not cost me anything). If I chose one of the other territories to be the new capital, I will have to pay 3 Political Points (if memory serves).

Also, if I move my capital north, I will only receive 2 PP for Phase 7 whereas if I move it to either Plaats or Dusumnek I will get 5 PP. If my new capital (hopefully) survives Phase 7 and is still standing, then I will get 5 PP for my capital and 1 PP for each adjoining region in Phase 8.

I haven't made up my mind yet, and probably won't for at least another week or so, where my new capital will be.

Oh, and I've seen both the Grasslands and Tinto bounce back from a similar position as Harmonia, so I'm not throwing in the towel.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga: According to how I understand everything to go now, you will only have 1 or 2 PP for the next phase, since it seems your capitol moves one region in any direction of your choosing along supply lines.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Elc is right and Jowston should have 6 PP instead of 1 or 2 PP. Here is my chronological explanation (do correct me if I'm wrong, SARSadmin)
1. Jowston lost its capital city.
2. PP for Phase 7 is determined by the largest amount of connected Jowston areas.
3. The largest amount is 6.
4. Jowston have 6 PP for Phase 7.
5. Jowston gets to pick a new capital city. Free if to White Wolf Pass or Valley of the Wind (because they're connected to the old capital city of Matilda). Pay 3 PP if we choose to move elsewhere because they're not connected to Matilda.
6. New capital city + connected areas to the capital city would then determine the PP for Phase 8.

Am I wrong somewhere?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good try, but that's not how it works. The moment you lose your capital city, you have to choose where to move your capital. Whereever you move your capital will be where your supply lines need to be connected to. There is no "limbo" time, although I allow nations some time to decide where they plan to move their capital. I also don't reflect the changes until the map is updated in the following phase, because only then would a capital start producing its full PP.

So basically, if you choose no capital, you will have 0 PP (but this won't happen, because I will choose it myself if no one takes a pick).
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah okay, at least that's cleared. Just wondering because Elc's answer wasn't the first time I heard that. So I thought there might be some truth to that for Jowston's case. But since that's not how it works, then I think Jowston would have 1-2 PP for Phase 7.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I'm confused as to how this works:

If Jowston move their capital to Valley of the Wind they get 1PP

If Jowston move their capital to White Wolf Pass they get 2PP

And If Jowston move their capital to one of those group of 6 cities they lose 3PP for the next turn but still get 6PP so 3PP total.

Is that right? Cause if it is, I feel sorry for you poor Jowston guys, I find it hillarious as well but still...badluck.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not even sure that we're allowed to move the capital city to the south. Argh .. so confusing hahaha. >_< *explodes* It's a tough job to be a Jowston strategist. >_>

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From my understanding, Jowston must choose either White Wolf Pass or Valley of the Wind as their new capital since those are the only two regions connected to Matilda, the former capital. However, if they wanted to move it elsewhere, they would need to spend the PP to do so, but must choose one of the two above regions to move their capital to first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: