Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 7 Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this seems to be getting interesting. and it also sounds like a good job on SARS part for coming up with anothr great idea. :)

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question SARS about soldier re-distribution. In the last phase my soldier count was boosted to 20000 up from 18000 by my employer. Would i lose 25% of the 20000 soldiers or would it be calculated differently due to my actual soldier count being only 18,000.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you unit numbering 20000 would have been annihilated, you would have lost 4500 soldiers while your employer would have lost 500 soldiers.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will depend on how you word your contcat with your employer.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I probably should change my terms of employment or something in that case...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would imagine most Mercs should change their Terms of Employment so that they don't lose out.

This will make things a lot more interesting instead of people using everything they have, they'll have to conserve some of their force.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would it be possible to make mercenaries have a lower death rate? Change the 25% to 20% or 15%? That wouldn't be too hard to code and would make them not lose as much.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
Undead could be any number of beings....Are you now confirming they are infact Skeletons?

Because I wanted to see Zombies......Or maybe...no wait...just zombies.

My undead are zombies Ley don't worry. :wink:

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see the mercs being able to get away with having their usual arranged fee and simply adding a sertain percentage at the end of the phase to cover extra losses on their part.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or a Merc could easly say give me an army to lead, any die your S.O.L. and charge a fee on top of that. As a Merc that's what I'ld do....
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If i were a Merc, i would not make any unreasonable demands. Just a fee for my services and to replace any lost soldiers. Not too much to ask....
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for me, if i was a merc, i would have to keep the price the same, but ask for some compensation. for example- say i had 1000 soliders, and asking price was 1000 potch, i would keep that the same, but on a side note i would say that their has to be a 40% compenstation if my unit is decimated. i mean, you don't need compensation if you win right?

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Simplest way for me is if at the start of a phase I had 10000 soldiers I would just say that at the end of the round when soldiers are distributed back to me I would want to have 12000 soldiers (ie. 200,000 potch), regardless of if I won or lost.

If I lost it's the nation's fault for not putting me in a winning situation you know, as long as I'd end up with more soldiers than I had before I was hired I probably wouldn't care much but this seems simplest to me somehow.

Numbers are all guesstimates.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are all astute ideas, but I would prefer not to harm my employers by striking a deal such as that. I believe that you become a merc at your own risk and should accept the risks accompanied with it. Therefore, I will keep my terms straight and they will generally be non-negotiable. If I lose, as a merc, I see that as my own fault for not serving my employer correctly so I feel that the soldier loss should be covered by me. It's all about honor and pride for me.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see that as very viable, yet I can understand why it would be a good idea for a Merc to loose a smaller percentage of soldiers than a regular unit. Merc's are Merc's simply because they should have the ability to be a bit harder and well rounded than most normal units, so along with that I believe that they should be a bit more capable of sustaining smaller injuries to their troop counts. That may be a skewed opinion, but I can definately see the benefits of it from both the side of the Kingdom they're serving, and the Merc's own personal gain.

Besides that, it might actually make the cost to hire them reduce slightly, since they know that they wont be loosing as many soldiers per phase. I'm not so sure what SARS would think about that though, because the whole idea behind a Merc is to get paid a good amount to get your hands dirty for someone else.

Julious Cezar
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: