Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 7 Changes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Phase 7 Changes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phase 6 is finally finished. There's still stuff to tally, but before we get into phase 7, I'll announce changes to be implemented from phase 7.

1) Death - Until now, casualties in battle was never reflected onto your soldier count. However, henceforth 25% of casualties will be permanent. Thus, if you lose 10000 soldiers in one battle, you'll lose 2500 permanently.

2) Tactics - Because certain trends were detected with regiment tactics, the bonuses will be tweaked, especially with the advent of soldier deaths. Exact bonuses will be announced later because I'm still testing.

That's all for changes from phase 7.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wonderful. I thought soldiers actually died when I was new here. It's good to see that now it will be that way ... kind of. I look foreward to this.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That should be good in preventing soldiers from reaching ridiculous levels in terms of escalating power and also serve to change battle tactics a bit, so that people don't just throw as many soldiers as possible at their enemies, because there are consequences to their defeat.

I like.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyhow, great job Sars. I'm looking forward to new tactics.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question about death when it comes to soldier borrowing from mercenaries. Say a mercenary have 10,000 soldiers leftover that are borrowed by the employer, are these 10,000 soldiers considered as "safe" and thus cannot die permanently even if the employer lost?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That'd depend on how you arrange the contract with the mercenary.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, so technically, if member who has heaps of Soldiers (and is no longer active) gets used in the Battles a lot, he could return one day and find himself with close to no soldiers? Heh, that could be a pain to someone who is like that... (thinks of myself mostly.) It would be hard to keep up with losses like that. As for the battle I most recently fought in, I lost all of my soldiers. I would come back with -6750 Soldiers... So much hard work lost... Makes me want to go into hiding.) Indeed, it would make the strategists quite happy. :roll:

Even if it is only for this phase, I think there will be huge losses on all fronts. Um, I think I would like to abstain this round. What? I am not allowed?! *Becomes Mercenary* Heh, now try and use me in battle.)
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa... This means that suicidal attacks would be lessened. There won't be as many, 'decoy' attacks as to avoid too much casualties. This'll surely affect the strategies of all nations and should make the NLs think twice about sending large amounts of soldiers. Interesting...
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i for one agrees with lucent. atleast that would keep the others from reaching ridiculuous level count for their soldiers looks like SARS made it much harder for the tactitians of all the nations involve. this would really make them think the nation wars is becoming more like a game of chess.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This idea is great. It adds a further level of realism to the war game to stop nations invading when they can't afford to.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This will be interesting for people that decline duels, and lose their battle.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will soldiers that are removed for declined duels be counted in the full loss of the soldiers as they're not technically killed by desert out of shame.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they desert an army, I doubt they will opt to return.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What effects will undead units play on this death scenario? It would seem as though they would have a slight advantage to either gaining soldiers back from enemy casualties (You know, animating the corpses of the dead and all) or simply having their own units regenerate damage.

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Noo, my playthings can't die~~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: