Suikoden United and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Suikoden V Scans Courtesy of V-Jump
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: New Suikoden V Scans Courtesy of V-Jump Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Suikoden V scans have surfaced showing us information on many of the main cast of Suikoden V including the strategist (Lucretia?), Zelase (sp?), the Queen's Knights, the Princess, and some others :) You can see them here:

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up65611.jpg
http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up65612.jpg

It also reveals a release date of 2/23/06 :D! If anyone cares to divulge what they say it would be much appreciated as well. Enjoy!

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! Great scans. I have to admit, everyone seems so much more colourful in Falena than in the Island Nations!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That chick in black is wearing a lot more revealing clothing than I first thought, ah not that matters :|

But a translation would be awesome. One thing I noticed is the new battle menu, looks very much like the older Suikodens. Looks like we may be getting 5 gophers or whatever they are.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say, the appearance of the battle screens really look excellent. The 3/4th isometric view in some of the shots harkens back to the days of classic Suikoden so well. Not only that, but the character designs are so much more rich and beautiful than IV's (despite my love for some of the character designs, like Kika <3<3).

Suikoden V is really shaping up to be something truly memorable.

Gotta say though--Georg really looks like a young Geddoe :D (yes, the patch is on a different eye :P)

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's good info, The name of the strategist is Lucretia, which is a pretty interesting choice for a name. It has some pretty interesting associations. She has two assistants pictured to the right, named Sius (male) and Lelei (female).

Other only other new name I see is the beaver, whos name is something like Fwalafwal, but who knows how that would be translated.

"Zelase"'s name would be Dzerassa if they translate it correctly, considering the source of the name would be Scythian mythology, but whether it would be translated correctly would be up to Konami's translators.
Lucent

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Fwalafwal"

That right there, that smacks of having about six different variations for equally perplexing pronounciations like the chipmunks from Suikoden 2. I gotta say, it is a mouthful.

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
She has two assistants pictured to the right, named Sius (male) and Lelei (female).

whoa...now that shows a little more to the theory of the Hero going against his mother...becuz in the 10min trailer you can see guys dressed like them attack the knights...

btw theres a new set of screenshots at the official site...one princess, queen, georg & white haired knight, and 3 battle screens...

Toran Imperial Warlocks

14757 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As an aside, your Georg avatar is exceptionally awesome. I am in love with the Suikoden V official artwork~

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The artworks looks great. Good designs. Thank God the strategist is a she afterall, Lucretia, eh? :mrgreen:

The only bad thing about the design is the hero. He looks too feminine, which imo, is crap :( . I'd rather have his cool in-game design rather than his wussy artwork anyday. And hey, who would've thought that the two persons in the naval outfit were Lucretia's assistant? I always thought that they're with the bald guy.

Well anyway, good presentation overall, looking forward about the strategists and wars, which were my main interest following the series in the first place. Too bad we're getting the US version most 5 til' 6 months after. Sad :(
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally!

It's good to finally be able to confirm all those names with an actual scan. Lucretia, eh?
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...nothing that exciting. But it is nice to know the stratagist name. It's also nice that they are releasing info so much. Hopefully we will get more exciting releases in the future.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lucretia.... Actually i like that name.
Does it say wether she is a Silverberg or not? (She probably is, just to confirm it)
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zelease's artwork owns! Cleavage! If only that art was bigger or I'd make an avatar.

What's that mark on the strategist's forehead?
Featherfall

The Third Brigade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The article doesn't mention anything about Lucretia being a Silverberg, but it says she works with Felid & co, so the with Queen's knights then.

About Dzerassa, the only information is that she appears where the country's sources of power, the (True?) Runes are and that she possesses enormous powers. Also, she might join forces with the hero, but her goals are vastly different.

And I don't know if this was revealed before, but the place where the Beavers, led by their chief Fwalafwal (...what a name), live is some place called Feitas Lake.

As an aside, the article also reveals the names of 3 formations: Default, Taunting Formation (if I read it right) and the Men's Formation. And not just any men, MANLY men. Interesting. Especially since it puts the very not manly hero at the front and the very beefy Kyle at the back. And I could swear Rionne or Miakis is on the second line. Also, I might be interpreting this too literally, but it seems the Taunting Formation boosts attack power. I don't know if that means the different formations affect character stats, or if it's just strategically speaking.

That's all I could wring out of that tiny text, if anyone else wants to take mercy on my tired eyes and translate the rest, they'll have my deepest thanks :)
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks!

Regarding the formation system: It does more than just allow you to do certain unite attacks. Like this already. However, I was hoping you wouldn't be able to change formations while in mid battle. It seems like that'd take the strategic element out. Still, it's a cool concept.

I'm glad they're adding new unique features to Suikoden again ala III. Can't wait to see what other features they've got cooked up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: