Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V game world map
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just a cuscene. I'm expecting something like Suikoden IV's world map just on land, so basically a 3d version of Suikoden 1 and 2's world map. It would be cool to be able to ride those dragon things similar to Chris being able to ride her horse in III.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's time for Suikoden to have an official mascot. You know, quarrel with the Chocobo, eh? It'd be nice to have a transportation to get us to places faster a la the chocobo.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki is as close to a mascot that Suikoden will ever get.

^Actual quote!
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Besides Suikoden does not really need a mascot, i do not think any character or creature really symbolizes the entire series and what it is about...
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Viki is as close to a mascot that Suikoden will ever get.

Or Jeane. ;)
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or just Jeane's chest!

But if I had to choose a monster it would be the FurFur. Those guys are just so cute *hug* but they can also pelt you to death.

^Actual quote!
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm suprised that you dont see people with Furfurs as pets like in DQ they have slimes as pets.

CLERKS
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually there were a few creatures that transported you faster in suikoden 3..chris' horse and the karayan horse of hugo...but you hadn't got them the whole game...so they aren't a really mascot
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be pretty interesting. Someone with a fur-fur as a pet. I have to see that.

Let's think of possible talking mascots from this list:

Flying talking smart-ass cat that gets confused with marshmellows, and is really a baby dragon (naah...already taken)

Yellow birds that only say one word, and have nothing to do with a place called "Sesame Street" (already taken...twice...)

A clutzy teleportress that always winds up at the place that the game takes place (I think that it's a good idea, but she might get offended if we put her in the same ranking as animals).

Something that has men drooling from miles and miles away, and that they hate to see leave (you have me there...but animals would be more appropriate)

Squirrels that fly everywhere and can say their names (Could be...)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
LGM

The Fungepuck Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the most important thing the map is that it needs to expand slowly. Being able to go anywhere in 4 meant there was more meandering than usual, which destroyed the storytelling, plus the difficulty factor wasn't on a strong enough gradient. For example, the ruins in Obel were quite hard early on in the game, but when you revisit them later on, they really are weak. Plus, you could whizz around collecting most of the SODs really early in one foul swoop, which devalued the thrill of working hard in the game to get another one.

What is needed is lots of border controls, mystic forests, rapids, and mysterious fogs which make sure you follow the storyline.

Plus I'd like to get a proper map as a guide, not one shrouded until you explore it. Do I really want to spent an hour looking for the doughnut island?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: