Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V game world map
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Suikoden V game world map Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you think it'll be? I'm guessing it's going to be like I and II's, where you have to sail to different places but it's not emphasized and most of the traveling through walking various plains, fields, and mountains.

DragonmasterX from suikosource had this to say in the description of the world map theme:

Quote:
Distant Journey
Field theme when moving on the world map. SuikodenV's setting lies on a continent southward of the Island Nations, the flourishing Queendom of Falena. Seeking new chance encounters, the hero's entourage journeys across the vast land. This song is played with the image of the series' traditional top-down view of the world map.

Commentary: Miura Norikazu

Check the music thread created by SARS to hear this awesome music.

Anyways, so does this confirm that the world map is back to the basics and tradition? I really hope it's expansive and has lots of locales to visit like in II.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it may be like the new Dragon Quest the same view as in town and walk around an area then later a new one will be reachable. Or so I think in the trailer just before ( spoiler) Rionne gets stabedI think thats the world map.

CLERKS
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd really prefer if it was like the world map in games one and two. The third game's system bothers me in every game it's featured in (other prominent examples include Final Fantasy Tactics). In four...I absolutely hated the sailing. Acquiring Vikki and the Blinking Mirror so that I didn't have to float around anymore was the happiest day of my Suikoden IV life.

Quote:
I really hope it's expansive and has lots of locales to visit like in II.

I really liked the map (well, I liked everything about Suikoden II, but that's entirely beside the point) in two, and I'd be thrilled if they revisited that. As long as it's not like the sailing navigation deal in four, I suspect I'll be okay with it, though.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that it's like the maps in S1 and S2. I have to re-download the opening sequence, since I got a new computer and it's not on this one (sadly...).

I might expect for them to do it sortof like they did in S1. If you try to go too far, and go to a checkpoint or town, guards could be there and could tell you that you are at the wrong place. Or your party members could tell you the same thing.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
Or so I think in the trailer just before ( spoiler) Rionne gets stabed.

She does? does she die?? Just from watching the video's i am getting annoyined with her. I hope she dies and never follows the hero5 again.

The maps i hope are like suikoden 2. Those were the best! It was very fun exploring the surroundings and gettign into battles on the world map. What if they put in a city searching device like in wild arms 4? that would be snazydelic.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would hate that. I hate Wild Arms city locating devices. It's the stupidest thing ever. :(
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Takemura answer to your question It looks like she gets healed your the 108 may bring her back the guy that does it dosent want to kill her look at the trailer Sars subtitled I looked at the trailer again and that is the world map. The camera stays above you and a little behind or to the side then you can probly open a map menu like Dragon Quest 8, Radiata Stories, or even a few Zeldas.

CLERKS
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What makes you think that's the world map, especially considering the quote at the beginning?
RV_Van

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

rather say its not a world map, instead a town, dungeon, and mybe a ruin inside. :roll:

i think the world map are like the s1 and s2 base on what we saw on the trailer and also on te officail site http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/ that more likely in s2 where plane land hill top and mountains plus a new creature... :D
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
Takemura answer to your question It looks like she gets healed your the 108 may bring her back the guy that does it dosent want to kill her look at the trailer Sars subtitled I looked at the trailer again and that is the world map. The camera stays above you and a little behind or to the side then you can probly open a map menu like Dragon Quest 8, Radiata Stories, or even a few Zeldas.

It could just be a town..I haven't seen or remember an overhead shot that hints at a world map in the trailer. Not at all.

RV_Van wrote:
rather say its not a world map, instead a town, dungeon, and mybe a ruin inside. :roll:

i think the world map are like the s1 and s2 base on what we saw on the trailer and also on te officail site http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/ that more likely in s2 where plane land hill top and mountains plus a new creature... :D

...what?
RV_Van

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what do you mean what? why dont you go watch the trailer and you'll, or go to the site that i've posted earlier. youl see in the trailer some kinda dinosour or something running in the field :D
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just didn't understand what you typed. And I recall no dinosaur in a SV trailer..wtf.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They are called dragonhorses in the 10m trailer.
You can see them at about 1:58 and 5:50
From what i saw you can probably ride them as well in the game :)
It is probably a way of faster travelling the world map.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Their Gul-horese the things that Teo rode in S1 their like a sub-spiecies of dragon native to this world.But look at the trailer I think that walking around is the world one dungeon after a nother then once in a while a town. A Zelda world field on a larger scale.

CLERKS
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ard/psiko wrote:
They are called dragonhorses in the 10m trailer.
You can see them at about 1:58 and 5:50
From what i saw you can probably ride them as well in the game :)
It is probably a way of faster travelling the world map.

Yes, now THAT is what looked like a possible world map. Either that or it was a just a zoomed out cutscene, which I think it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: