Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Poll: Best Zelda Game.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the best Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Link to the Past
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Ocarina of Time
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
Majora's Mask
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Wind Waker
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Four Swords Adventures
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Minish Cap
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Link's Awakening
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 32

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Poll: Best Zelda Game. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the subject kind of says it all. What do you think is the best Zelda game ever? And please explain your argument, no "the aventure of link is the best becuz I said so!!!" posts.

For me, it's The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The gameplay, first of all, is fantastic. The puzzles are well designed and challenging, the enemies likewise, and the dungeons layouts are immersive. Link's inventory is diverse and interesting. And there are lots and lots of fun sidequests.

The story rises up to the standards set by the gameplay. Ganondorf was actually developed as a character in this game, rather than just the "evil man that you must kill because the game says so." For that matter, all the characters are developed (with the exception of Link, who manages to retain a personality nontheless). The concept of the Sages and their supernatural powers (which goes hand in hand with the concept of the Sacred Realm) is interesting and adds the feeling that Link is on a Grand Quest.

Overall, this game changed the face of its genre, its series, and the whole concept of video gaming. This was one of the first games to be attempted on such a scale, dwarfing even its predecessors in the seires. By succeeding, it set an important precedent.

NOTE: I left out the spinoffs and minor games, such as The Wand of Gamelon. If anyone actually wants to vote for those, tell me and I'll add them to the poll.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked legend of zelda ocarina of time, alot. But when the sequel came out, Majoras mask i was torn. Both games were really good overall, but i think that Majoras mask was a bit better because it added alot of new elements into the game that very few games like it do. Like the mask, in order to proceed in some areas you had to use them And not only that, you got to be a deku seed, a zora, and a goron. How cool is that?

(Yes i spent hours and *hours* swimming as a zora---not many games let you go in vast water like that)

I admit that the Ocarina of time probably had more character development and interesting story---but the sheer enjoyment factor i got from majoras mask. So thats my vote.

Both games though, deserve a 10/10. I only wish my N64 worked now...
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Retro retro style lmao... i choose link to the past, i'm still playing it today, i did play windwaker at my "I'm too inept to spell 'friend'" place, but like, after that i just didn't want to play it for a while, but link to the past i did wanna play it again so i guess i prefer it more, other than those two i haven't played the others... oooh.... i did play a gameboy game of zelda though... i think it was the adventures of link, i'm not too sure but i remember fishing to get more money to get this bow lmao
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ocarina of time all the way! that was the best game ever! The bottle trick about making your items into bottles ruled! I made everything into bottles! muahah! bottles forever!.

But the downside to the bottle trick is your can't get all the golden skels. I got 99 :P

Now if i go back and try to play it the graphics r so bad, i can't play it. :P heres to the new one! :mrgreen:

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jinners wrote:
I liked legend of zelda ocarina of time, alot. But when the sequel came out, Majoras mask i was torn. Both games were really good overall, but i think that Majoras mask was a bit better because it added alot of new elements into the game that very few games like it do. Like the mask, in order to proceed in some areas you had to use them And not only that, you got to be a deku seed, a zora, and a goron. How cool is that?

(Yes i spent hours and *hours* swimming as a zora---not many games let you go in vast water like that)

I admit that the Ocarina of time probably had more character development and interesting story---but the sheer enjoyment factor i got from majoras mask. So thats my vote.

Both games though, deserve a 10/10. I only wish my N64 worked now...

I did that too with the Zora Mask. That was really cool. The Zora Mask is quite possible the single best item in the Zelda series. Good times...
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jinners, I will have to say that I agree with you. I find few people that like it more than Ocarina. It's like the Final Fantasy VII of the series. Good, liked by everyone, but not the best.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zora mask *was* the best thing of Majoras mask. I did laps back and forth in that huge area where that beaver thing swam (my memory is pretty bad...). Next thing in it was the challenges of the game itself, there were some difficulties that Ocarina of Time didnt offer. And the diety mask...that was the second coolest thing in the game.

Also i noticed that some places needed you to really combine item usage, unlike Ocarina of Time in which it mainly focused on one item (Fire temple-Hammer, Forest Temple-Bow) per stage. Or area. Not always one item necessarily (Shadow temple-Lens of truth+Hover boots) but you get my point right?

Majoras Mask provided a combination of those in the dungeons. Like...like...i can't really remember ack. But there was more variety and flexibility. Especially against bosses. Heck, maybe i'm wrong... but thats what it seemed to me anyway.

I'll stop ranting now. There's my full 2 cents on the game. I haven't actually played the GB/GBA versions of the zelda series. Maybe i'll buy one in the future. I miss Link...
Dooz

Buttered-up Old Men

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus, you forgot Link's Awakening. Second best Zelda game.

But A Link to the Past had me playing non-stop for much longer then any of the other Zeldas did. Simply fantastic. One of the best games for the SNES, which is saying a lot since the SNES was the best system. :D

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Jinners - you hero! That's all I used to do! Swim and skip in and out of the water only to go crashing into a bunch of evil fish using the electric shield to kill them all :twisted:

It's difficult to pick my favourite Zelda as my top favourite would be Link to the Past, Ocarine of Time (and Majora's Mask) and Wind Waker.

It depends on my mood to which game I prefer. Wind Waker had a bad rep due to it's cel shaded graphics, however, the graphics represented the childhood outlook the young Link had on the land. It was meant to look childlike, which had a greater impact on the story as a whole. Besides Majora's Mask I would say Wind Waker has the darkest story of all Zelda games which is why the graphics work so well, causing a comparison that takes you by surprise.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL. Axiose, my friends all gave me looks when they bragged about getting to X destination from X part of the game. And then when they asked me if i got any farther id be like "Nope, i just learned how to swim better" they gave me the *stangest* looks. I man, come on with the games out there theres not even 5% of them letting you go and swim around.

Its usually instant death, health decrease, or acts like you got hit by something (where you go ghosty for all of 5 seconds...)

Thus Zora mask=Heaven=Days and days of swimming.

I couldnt get bored of it! Even now i wouldnt because its so *rare* to do in a videogame. And in the deeper waters where enemies were, it was so cool to zap em xD; thanks for refreshing my memory Axiose.

OoT provided the same concept but it was more realistic, but not nearly as enough fun (unless water tunic+iron boots=Sinkage) but even then....
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game. It's the most varied in gameplay, it has the best combat system, it also looks the best. I never had as much fun playing the other Zelda games compared to how much fun I had with Wind Waker. The only thing Wind Waker needed was more difficult dungeons, but everything else is there.

I don't get why Wind Waker gets hated on because of the graphics. Honestly, was the first Zelda game people played Ocarina of Time? Before OoT Zelda was very bright, colorful, and had a dream like world. Cel Shading is perfect for the series. It's a shame that people complained because I wish they'd keep that art style for the rest of the series. It totally suits Zelda if you've been playing since the beginning.

Ocarina of Time while a good game, is pretty boring imho. Same with Majora's Mask. Link to the Past is the next best Zelda. I honestly don't see what's so great about OoT, but whatever.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A link to the past, AKA how many damn times do I have to rescue Zelda? What is it twice in the game I believe. I think by now she should hire a better body guard. I love the graphics, the game play, and that annoying chain boss in the 3rd tower. It had a good plot, and alot of side quest-ish crap. Some of the mazes could drive you out of your mind. I really haven't played any of the games after that. A played a couple on the GBA, and they were okay.
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id have to go with the wind waker. like himuro, I dont see why people discriminate it for its graphics. In my opinion, the graphics were great. the best of any zelda game. not only that, but Link had shifty eyes. anything with shifty eyes deserves praise. the only thing I liked about the other zelda games is that they have land to traverse on. the whole ocean travel thing was not to my liking. *SPOILER* another good thing about the wind waker was ganon. he was actually going to KILL link and zelda, but was thwarted by the ritos at the last second. and he actually DIES in wind waker. its the only game he dies in besides the first zelda and link to the past.
Himuro

La Morte

842834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved sailing. It had the greatest sense of adventure and it was really really fun to take over pirate ships, pirate forts, and chart uninhabited land.

Oh man what an epic game. The only thing I dont' like about WW is the Earth dungeon. I HATE Makar.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Link to the Past. I am not simply saying this because it was the first Zelda game I played, for Ocarina of Time comes in a very close second. Link to the Past had perhaps the best gameplay of any game for its time. The items and dungeons were phenomenal, and the sequence of events was perfectly laid out. Even the music was bomb. The game still holds up, and is one my all-time favorites.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: