Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What is wrong with Chris?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Chris isn't the kind of lady to sugercoat things. It's why I like her. She's not willing to give people false hope, and it marks her as a true warrior. In that particular line of work, life can't be dictated by emotion and hope. A cold, collected, and calculating mind is the only kind of mind successful there.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Chris is not one to sugarcoat and also the wording is just a tad awkward, probably in translation. I don't have the Japanese version to determine what was said directly but the wording seems like something that was very exact translation where the general meaning can be thrown off. Particularly because with only text, tone is not as easily brought through. I wouldn't read too much into it.

I don't think Chris wants to undermine the peace at all if her attitude at the start of the game is any indication. They had lost their captain and vice captain and she has seen herself suddenly promoted and paraded around like a doll. She quickly establishes her weariness of this continuing.

However, we also see Chris as someone who can be a bit of a realist and accepting that the peace being made was only a temporary mend. Treaties simply don't last forever but she was willing to accept at least limited peace.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the wording is perfectly fine. She knows that this is only a temperary treaty, as aall are. Nothing lasts forever, and Chris knows this. It would be foolish to presume otherwise.

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boy does that every sound like Chris...

The title should actually be: What isn't wrong with Chris? XD

That Butler at Chris's house calls the Karaya Clan frank/rude (if you take money), but this is way worse. That's bad ettiquette right there. It's like asking for bloodshed.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think what Chris said there was any problem really. She knew the truce wouldn't last, and stated such. It lasted shorter than expected I'm sure, but none the less.

However I think the problem with Chris., is that she wants peace, is in the position to do more to get it, and takes her sweet time doing so. Chris has the power of the army, regardless of what the council wants. When it comes down to it, the people love her, she has the support of the knights, she could have easily preformed a coup much earlier than when Salome did. She goes on and on about wanting to help the people, biut at the same time she's more concerned about her personal feelings in the end. I find Chris a bit flakey, but she pulls together in the end. She's my least favorite out of the 3 hero's , but I still like her.

May have gone a little off topic there, but I commented more to the title than anything else I guess.

-My DeviantArt-
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really like Chris, but I don't think what she said was wrong either. She's a soldier, not a politician, she wanted get the spirits of the Zexen knights to unite with the grasslands to fight a common enemy. I don't think her first priority is peace, since in the end, she was looking forward to fighting Lucia and Dupa again. Her speech was merely to get everyone to stop fighting each other for now, and once things are over they can go back to the way things were. Chris is being realistic, the point of Zexen fighting with the clans was not have peace, but to defeat a common enemy. Chris' goal is to protect her country, second would be her sense of justice, and third I believe would be peace.

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought that side comment sounded a bit odd too, but in reflection, I think the reason she says that is that she is still upset about the way that the Council is handling things and she is aknowlaging(sp?) the fact that the Council can, and probably will, change there position on a whim. During the early parts of the game, she always seemed to be pretty cinical when it came to the Council. And rightfully so!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: