Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Halloween
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Halloween Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since Halloween is just about 2 weeks away, I figured we could share ghost storys, real or fake, urban legends, etc.. One of my favorite is The babysitter. It was made into a bad movie in the 70's. For those of you that don't know the legend it I'll put a copy of the story in.

As the legend is told, a young couple living in a large house, had gone out to a dinner party one evening. The couple had left their babysitter in charge of their two children at the house. With the children already in bed, she decided to go into th living room and watch some television for a while. As she was about to get comfortable on the couch, the phone rang. As she picked up the reciever, all she heard was a man laughing menicingly, and a voice that said " I'm upstairs with the children, you'd better come up. Thinking it was a prank phone call or someone just trying to scare her, she slammed the receiver down and turned up the television. A few minutes later the phone rang again. As she picked it up, she could her the unmistakable laughter coming over the phone line.

She then heard the man say, once again, " I'm upstairs with the children,
you'd better come up. Getting very frightened and worried, she hung the
phone up. Not knowing what to do, the babysitter calls the operator. The
operator tells her that they would notify the police and, should he decided
to call again, to keep him talking in order to give the police time to
trace the call. Only a few minutes after she finished talking with the
operator, the phone rang again. It was the voice again. After he said, "I'm
upstairs with the children, you'd better come up," she tried to stall him
by askin why he was doing this to her. However, he must have guessed what she was trying to do and he hung up the phone on her. Only seconds later the phone rang again. This time it was the operator, who said, "Get out of the house right now, we traced the call and its coming from the upstairs phone. The man is in the house with you.". The baby-sitter dropped the phone and, at the same time, heard someone runnin down the stairs. She fled from the house and ran straight into the arms of the police. The police burst into the house and found a man brandishing a large butcher's knife.

The man had broken in through one of the windows upstairs. He murdered both of the children while they slept, and was just about to do the same to the babysitter when the police arrived.

Last edited by Earthquake923 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one is an old favorite of mine:

Once there was girl, Karen, living at her parent's house. Karen was 13 years old and her parents had never left her alone all night. One day, her parents decided it was time that she was able to stay alone at night and they went out to a party. The girl was frightened but felt comfort in that her dog Rosie was with her and would protect her if she needed anything. That night Karen spent most of her time watching TV, just as she normally would and eventually fell asleep on the couch. She woke up again at about 11:30 and decided it was a good time to go to her room and sleep. She called Rosie nad they went up to her room. Rosie slept under the bed but was in the distance that Karen could put her fingers down and Rosei would lick them. Karen would do this when she was scared and it always reassured her.

Karen fell asleep again and woke up about an hour later because there was dripping water in the bathroom. She walked over and turned off the faucet all of the way and walked back to bed. She stuck her fingers down and felt them being licked; she knew she was safe and went back to sleep. Another hour later she woke back up and heard the same dripping. She went to the bathroom and turned off the faucet again, then walked back to her bed and stuck her fingers down. She felt them licked, felt safe and went back to sleep. After another hour she woke back up to the same dripping faucet and went and turned it off again. She went back to bed, stuck her hand down, felt it being licked and went back to sleep. Karen woke up again at about 5:00 to the sound of her parents getting home, she heard the dripping one last time and went into the bathroom one more time. This time she tunred on the lights so she could get a better look of the faucet and see what was wrong. When she tunred ojn the lgiht she saw Rosie cut open hanging from the shower curtains dripping blood down on the ground. She screamed after she saw the words "People can lick fingers too" written in blood on the wall. Her parents ran up to her scream and saw the whole thing, vowing never to leave their daughter home alone again. Rosie's killer has never been heard of again.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a bunch of the "scary stories to tell in the dark books", as well as the "jr." version. The're all adaptations of some folk tales, and what not, like "the hook" and "harold". Some are funny, like "The Viper", in which a scary sounding guy would call and say 'the viper is coming". In the end when he comes he says "I am the viper, i've come to vipe and vash your vindows". Others are sick, like the where a bride, playing hide and seek gets trapped in a chest (trunk) or one called "the drum".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's the date for halloween, i fogot?
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:
What's the date for halloween, i fogot?

10/31
Another story I like:
At colleges people tend to put through "Hazing" to join frats. There is a marble gravestone in an old deserted cemetery in West Virginia was the legend trip site for a particular group of young adults in the vicinity. The marble statue was of a seated lady, her hands outstretched to all that pass by the resting place. The legend stated that the woman in the grave had died of a broken heart when jilted by her fiancé. There was an initiation rite: new members had to spend the night sitting in the statue's lap. But the last time anyone tried this, a young woman who sat in the statue's lap met with a tragedy. The difference, you see, was that the young woman was a direct descendant of the fiancé!

The next morning the young girl was discovered, still sitting in the statue's lap. She was dead. On her body were found marks as though she had been held in a superhuman clutch. Perhaps the seated lady had gained revenge.
Earthquake923

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another legend I like deals with the fact that Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to KFC.
Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet. The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will ot see or hear the word chicken. I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we make KFC start using real chicken again.

The only problem with this, as I have tried to argue with people the cost to create and rasie these "creatures" would cost more than raising an actual chicken.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EEEEEWWWW :shock:
Legend or not,
you wont find me anywhere near near a kfc or whatever anytime soon.
Its a shame no halloween is celebrated where i live.
I like scaring little children :lol:
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yum yum KFC just got more yummy. I am going to eat a bunch of geneticly modified "chickens" now..

No beaks or legs? that sounds cool someone should take a picture of that and put it in the news paper!

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today is Halloween. A happy, spooky and festiful halloween to everybody who will celebrate it.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have fun everboy!
And dont go wanering by yourself in the dark! :wink:
Lady Chris

Zexen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aww the halloween >.<
people in my country dont celebrate halloween :cry:

aww whatever...i'll make some toffee apples anyway

Mondrosen
Games Fanarts and Drawings of Suikoden, Final Fantasy, etc! visit please (^^)v
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soo, is anyoen going trick-or-treating?! I'm not.. for halloween I've decided, to go see the movie "Saw 2". It's probally goign to be really kind of a lame movie, but whatever, it'll be a good movie to watch on halloween, after that I'll probally watch old horror movies on TV all into the night.. I actually am a little excited.. Next year, since I'm from western wisconsin, I'm going to madison for halloween.. one of the crazyest places you could ever go. The partys are all over the streets, and madison hired about 400 cops this year to keep everyone under control. They also stopped letting non madison students at the college, sleep in the dorms if you even know someone, and thats why I'm not going.. I have to wait till next year when my friends just get their own place to stay while they go their, so I have a place to crash that evening.. Soo whats everyone else up to?

Zexen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah i want to see saw 2
but it hasnt come out gere yet...well im doing okay with my toffee apples and south park cartoon^^

Mondrosen
Games Fanarts and Drawings of Suikoden, Final Fantasy, etc! visit please (^^)v
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

halloween, what a glorious night. you get free candy and get to scare people. that is a true holiday. have fun doing whatever it is you do on halloween. :D

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Halloween has finally arrived, so if anyone is dressing up I would suggest they come on here, and tell us what they are dressing up as. Not that it's a requirement or anything of that sort, but it would be a nice thing to know ya? Oh well I mean this holiday seems like it will be kind of boring for most of us, who are over a certain age. Or at the very least, only going out to parties, and such. I mean I am sure there are some people out there who still go out trick or treating, whatever age they might be. However I can assure you that I will not be one of them, now or ever, till at the very least I am taking a small child with me. Namely one of my own children, however since I dont have any at the moment, and no prospects for any, that wont be happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: