Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I got the Rhapsodia OST today!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: I got the Rhapsodia OST today! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WOW. Daaang. It's ... really, really good. The new songs are spectacular, the remixes from Suikoden IV are fantastic, but the biggest surprise was remakes of a few songs from Suikoden II. SUIKODEN II! When I heard "Beautiful Morning" I almost cried. :)

The music is indeed quite dark, with a lot of really strong battle themes. The soundtrack also has some very touching, gentle songs. One of them really reminds me of Suikoden II's "Reminiscense" (the piano song that plays near the beginning, when it shows Jowy and Riou's past, with him talking about power.) All the songs that were taken from Suikoden IV were given a significant upgrade, making tracks I didn't like that much before sound awesome. And Suiko IV's home base song is here - TWICE - and it sounds freaking awesome both times. A very uplifting and 'warm' feeling song. :D

Both discs are packed to the brim (disc 1 is 71 minutes!) and the wallpapers and icons are a very nice extra. Most of the wallpapers look like paintings, they are incredible. I assume they are the backdrops used in the game out of battle (stores, caravan, etc.)

EDIT: The review is up. http://rpgfan.com/soundtracks/rhapsodia/index.html

So...GO BUY THE SOUNDTRACK!

Last edited by fc_conn on Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh I like rpgfans reviews. Look forward to reading it (and hearing some samples). And suiko II music... hmn, deifinately considering buying this now.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh....! Lucky~ I really want to get the soundtrack because the music ive heard from the trailers of the game sound amazing. Your really lucky. Its perhaps one of the Suikoden soundtracks that i really *want*.

-Salutes- Will be buying!

And looking for the review on rpgfan :D
kelvingarinkz

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i thought the soundtrack is only for the japanese version ?
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but the same soundtrack applies to the English version of the game too. The remixes should have remixes of tunes not only from II and IV, but it should include a few tunes from III as well.

fc_conn, mind sharing some of the wallpaper images, if possible?
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
but it should include a few tunes from III as well.

I thought that was just on the bonus music cd that comes with the game in the Japanese version (don't know about US yet). We're talking about the 2 disc OST that just has music from the game, are we not?
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, this is the Japanese, 2-Disc release of the soundtrack, cat. # GFCA-27.

And yes, the exact same music will be in the USA version of the game.

EDIT: Oh, here are two of the wallpapers:

http://conn.slightlydark.com/suikomania/suikodentactics/review/05_1024x 768.jpg

http://conn.slightlydark.com/suikomania/suikodentactics/review/09_1024x 768.jpg

Enjoy!
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's needed for .ico files?

I also enjoyed the soundtrack.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the info and the wallpapers, fc_conn! Any more of them?
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here they are.

Each come in three separate sizes.

Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, thanks for posting the artwork Jowy.
Jugend

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'll probably get the soundtrack sometime soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my over-enthusiastic RPGFan review, if you want to hear some samples of the music.

http://rpgfan.com/soundtracks/rhapsodia/index.html
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope that they release the OST in america with the game, like I heard. I don't want to try to figure out what words mean in Japanese.

After listening to all the samplers that you put up, I have become really giddy, and I mean school-girl giddy, and I usually don't get that excited about things...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They almost 100% for sure won't release the OST outside of Japan, other than online ordering. There are very few VGM albums in the US.

This is not the disc that came with the game. That's a small, teeny tiny mini-CD with just a few tracks. THAT may come to the US, but we'll see. The review I posted is for the full soundtrack, a 2-disc album.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: