Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What will you name the Suikoden V hero your first playthrough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, well that name makes me think of Edge Riou's of Falena's former username, which was Diaz. Heh, and sorry to this 'Diaz', but he certainly would not fit the 'mellow prince' personality.) As for what I am going to name the little legend that is the hero of Suikoden 5, well, I might just go with Traz.) Or Troy (which is what I usually name all of my Suikoden Hero's. Yeah, it did clash with Troy from Suikoden 5. :wink:

I really want to give the name a bit of a 'Falenian' touch, so on multiple playthrough I may name him the usernames of some of my once-fellow Queendom members. I am very eager, to say the least, about the release of this game. Indeed, it will merit an early import, much like I did for Suikoden 4. Even if it will be in Japanese, that is okay. It is sort of a given that the voice acting is always better in their releases, but either way, common knowledge and a decent guide will get me through the game nice and early, until the English release.

So yeah, on my first playthrough of this game...well, I will probably follow tradition and name him Troy. If I feel inspired enough, then I will definitely go with Traz. It will be neat to name him what some of my 'once-fellow' Falenian members go by, but that will have to wait until I at least finish the game once. :)

-Traz.
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've not played Star Ocean 2 before, so I don't know who's the Dias you're referring to...

Thanks for the input though. :)

:? Where have I heard that name before, if not in the games I've played...?
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I -may- even call him Jayne... after watching Firefly/Serenity it would be amusing having another guy with that name.

Camdun Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, that's a toughie. I guess I'll go with "steve" , after all, you can't go wrong with steve. just say it once. It reaks of coolness. plus it sounds messed up, because all the other characters will at least have semi-serious names, and then there will be steve. and it will rock. you can quote me on that.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been a tradition in my Suikoden gaming experience that I name the character Miguel, because it is my first name. I would do that to make me feel like the characters are talking to me instead of the pretty-boy that you control. LOL.

Or I might stick with Captain Hero, because... I dunno. XD

Saaji

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll probably name him Saaji, unless if some crazy name comes flying to my head before I start playing.
Jillia

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always named the hero Garion. This is a hero of the Belgariad Saga and the Malloreon Saga from David Eddings. I love this books and I like the name. Sometimes I use the name Ryu too. Breath of Fire III was the first game I finished and so I hope this name brings me luck :roll:
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm naming him Aidan. Why? Because, judging from his appearance, his mother really wanted a girl. So, she raised him as one until his sister was born.

Aidan backwards? Nadia.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never find a cool name for my hero. In every games i spend 15min to think about a name.
So i usually name my hero "Olorin". It's my nickname for years and i find it pretty cool.But if the "real" name (i mean , the one the game suggest you) is better than Olorin i'll take it .
But I use Olorin very often , like that i think that i'm the hero. That's may be odd but i think that's the reason. I identify myself to the hero :D

(1st post)
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I plan on naming him Saorise. It's pronounced either "seer-shay" or "seer-sha". It's Celtic for "Freedom."

So, he continues my personal Suikoden tradition of giving main characters names that begin with an "S". Suyuan, Siren, Soislan, Siobahn(woops, I gave this one a purely female name, but that's okay. I thought it fit him somehow) and now, "Saorise".
Darkillumina

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1 he was Dash, Of course this led to problems when I loaded data onto Suikoden 2.

In Suikoden 2 the Hero was named after myself.

In Suikoden 3 I named the Flame Champion after my brother because I kind of foresaw the FC being *spoiler* Dead.

In Suikoden 4 I named the Hero, Sain after the lovable green social knight from FE7.

For Suikoden 5 I may name the Hero Pent or I may even name him Icarus due to his relationship with the sun rune.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Mitani

Yumi Regataar

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always name mine "Ryou" the first time around.

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For tradition and personal reasons, its always Prophecy, it sounds kinda weird for a name of a character, but its the first thing that comes to mind. You can run into some problems also with some dialogue, not in suikoden but other games when they talk about a prophecy or something lol.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well my own name is too original not to use, so I always use it. Gilgamesh
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ever since I found out about the McDohl name glitch, I started giving my hero's names that started w/ Mar-. I think I'll give the Prince the name Marion because it's both a boy and girl's name and the Prince likes girlish in his artwork but is a boy.

Here are the names in a list from Suikoden I to V:

Suikoden I: Martial

Suikoden II: Marshall

Suikoden III: Martin

Suikoden IV and Tactics: Marluxia

Suikoden V: Marion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: