Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What will you name the Suikoden V hero your first playthrough?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: What will you name the Suikoden V hero your first playthroug Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it'll be Eros. The hero's mother is named Arshtat, which is probably a variation on the Ancient Semitic goddess Astarte, better known as the Eastern Semitic goddess Ishtar. In the ancient Semitic religion, she was worshipped as the daughter of the Sky and the Earth (in Greek mythology, Uranus and Gaia), and the goddess of love, sexuality, fertility and, um... war. :? Anyway, her largest center of worship was in Cyprus, and she eventually spread to Greece, where she was called Aphrodite.

Aphrodite/Astarte had nine children according to Greek mythology, seven daughters called the Titanides and two sons, whose names were Pothos and Eros. Eros is the much more well-known one; we know him in Western Civilization as Cupid.

Thus, the son of Arshtat will be named Eros.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's very interesting. I didn't even know that.

I will probably name my hero Irvine, like I always do. I just seem to like that name (though I greatly dislike the character Irvine in FFVIII).
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will probably name mine Mark after myself. I usually name every hero that, and I don't feel like changing it this time around.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to name him Pothos, just to be contary to the topic creater.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Firefly

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tsumi. I always name my characters that... I think it means sin or crime in Japanese.

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gonna name him Lucifer. I know, it strays from the Highlander series names I normally go with, but Lucifer is Latin for "Morning Star." It came from the Greek word "Eosphorous," of the same meaning. Eos is the goddess of the dawn as well, so I think it works out, if he really does own the Rune of the Dawn.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe "Ouji" because, of course, that's what they address him as in the trailer. As most of you know, it simply means "Prince," so it's quite appropriate. And it looks cool.

But who knows...I'll probably name him after myself...it's very effective at getting my attention. ;)
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ouji sounds like a good idea,
I may use that myself.

But the first thing in my head is Tyro.

It strikes me as a Suikoden kinda name,
and it is latin for a young soldier, or talented novice.

I think that fits the kinda character that the Hero usually is.
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will name mine Josh because I always do my first time tru then after that it is whatever I can think at the time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I named Lazlo as "Roke" beacuse I was reading His Dark Materials at the time and I thought it sounded nifty.

For Suikoden V I'll probably call him Xu

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will be as creative as I always am when naming my Suikoden Heroes, and go with 'Troy' (I tend to go with my own name for a variety of RPG's, but it has been a constant re-occurrence for these games.) Now that I know my name has/will go down in Suikoden history (as it finally appeared in Suikoden 4) I not even think twice when being prompted with what name I desire for my Hero.
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to name my character...well i usually keep the names that have been given, but if prompted (like Hero4) ill probable end up naming him Azazer. i really like the sound of it. If not, my second favorite name, Lucifer. Or if my Bleach craze wins over i might name him after one of them. I don't know. I have to wait and see.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Felid II, Joking. I'll probaly call Hero V Alonzo (My Nickname) or maybe some kind of name relating to the sun.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitchell wrote:
Gonna name him Lucifer. I know, it strays from the Highlander series names I normally go with, but Lucifer is Latin for "Morning Star." It came from the Greek word "Eosphorous," of the same meaning. Eos is the goddess of the dawn as well, so I think it works out, if he really does own the Rune of the Dawn.

Lucifer also means "the light bearer"

as for the name it would be rane yup plain and simple. people have named him eros or pothos how about daimos? jk! kiddin! :D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Master Bunny, Bunny if not enough space, or even make it sound more sillier and give him the name Bun.

Or just be more serious and name him Rah or Ray.

Really, the names for me will change hundred times before the official (not that official) name is set/given.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: