Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Infinite Crisis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Infinite Crisis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't know how many of you read comics, but DC Comics is currently building up for a giant crossover event to celebrate the 20th aniversery of the Crisis on Infinite Earths(which celebrated the 50th aniversery of DC Comics). The basic premise of the crossover seems to be a well kept secret at the moment, but there are four mini-series(well maybe five) that are supposed to lead directly into it. The premises of the four minis are that all the super villians are uniting under the leadership of a few creating a cohesiveness among them that hasn't been seen in many years, thousands of innocents have been turned into an army of superheroe hunting cyborgs, an intergalactic war is taking place, and all magic is being broken down into wild magic. As you can see a lot of problems are coming simultaneously.

So is anyone else interested in this series or am I just being weird?

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, didn't really know you read comics, Sir Ranadiel!

Quote:
So is anyone else interested in this series or am I just being weird?

Not really. But i recall that most of the people here are more of Marvel fans.

Quote:
thousands of innocents have been turned into an army of superheroe hunting cyborgs

Not really, the O.M.A.Cs(One Man Army Corps) are O.M.A.Cs. Their "human" form is just a disguise, if i'm not wrong.

Infinite Crisis is interesting. #1 is coming in November if i'm right, and Wizard already got a preview.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm not really into comics. I've currently read one comic that my mom bought(the wedding of Cyclops and Jean Grey) several years ago for herself. I was just reading some online profiles of superheroes to keep my sub culture knowledge current and heard about Infinite Crisis. I read up on the general idea and decided to give it a shot.

Quote:

Not really. But i recall that most of the people here are more of Marvel fans.

Bah Infinite Crisis will be better then the House of M is or at least that is the general agreement on the comic boards that I'm using to keep up with the current going ons in both sagas.

Quote:

Not really, the O.M.A.Cs(One Man Army Corps) are O.M.A.Cs. Their "human" form is just a disguise, if i'm not wrong.

That is a different thing entirely. The name OMAC and maybe a couple of their quirks are based off of the One Man Army Corps, but they are entirely different creation. Up until OMAC Project 5 OMAC stood for Observational Meta-human Activity Construct. Then it apparently changed back to the One Man Army Corp during OMAC 5, and then during OMAC 6 it was changed again to Omni Mind And Community. These OMACs are nanomachines that were hidden in some vaccines and then secretly built up in the host until they got a singal from Brother 1 which would change the host into an OMAC.The superheroes were unable to simply destroy the OMACs because of the innocent person trapped inside(who didn't even realize they were an OMAC).

Quote:

Infinite Crisis is interesting. #1 is coming in November if i'm right, and Wizard already got a preview.

Actually it is coming out this Wedneday along with the final issue of the last remaining of the four mini-series(Villians United).

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Argh! Nobody in this board seems to care about the DC universe! Come on! Superman! Batman! Green Lantern! The Flash!

I am not fond of bumping an old topic but I just have to vent out my anger. I have just read Infinite Crisis #4 yesterday and that brat from Earth Prime who called himself Superboy was pissing me off. He broke into a pathetic ego drive and caused superheroes dying left and right. He also indirectly caused the Speed Force gone. What's that supposed to mean, no more speedsters?
And I even heard that the brat came back in Infinite Crisis #5! Arrrgh!

On the side note, Barry Allen seemed to be alive and well again, which filled me with mixed emotion...

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

On the side note, Barry Allen seemed to be alive and well again, which filled me with mixed emotion

See I hate that. This is why people are getting annoyed with comics in gerenal, the other is Wolvierine being everywhere all at once. When someone dies they are dead, period. None of this I was dead but now some crappy crossover brought me back. It's not just DC, Marvel is just as bad if not worse with these things. I mean how many times HAS logan died, and what about Jean. I believe every hero that has ever died in a comic has come back in some way. This actually makes me want to burn comics.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes. Barry Allen was not such a great superhero when he was alive. It was his sacrifice in "Crisis on Infinite Earths" that made him legendary. Bringing him alive feels like nulifying that sacrifice.

Another uneeded ressurection was Jason Todd's. He was not even super! It was his death that made Batman what he is now; yet he came back to life, adding meaningless complication.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Just the same as with Bucky.

Hell, if they would ressurect Uncle Ben and turn him into the next Onslaught, the story still wouldn't even be right. Characters like those bing ressurected are just worthless.

Anyways, could someone tell em what's happened sof ar in IC? Speed-Force gone? Earth-2 Superman back? Skeets turns into the one machine that could destroy the universe and re-alter it?
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Following the events in "Day of Vengeance", "Rann/Thanagar War", "The OMAC Project" and "Villains United", the world is in chaos.

It turns out that the Superboy of Earth-Prime, Superman and Louis Lane of Earth-Two and Alexander Luthor Jr. of Earth-Three was saved in a pocket universe from the aftermath of "Crisis on Infinite Earths". They watched the new-formed world from afar and become dissapointed of the sorrow and betrayal the new-world superheroes have caused. After the incident on "Identity Crisis", they decided to break out and return the universe to what it should be: the happiness of Earth-Two.

Unbeknownst by Superman-Two, Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime have earlier escaped the pocket universe and set the plan in motion. It was Superboy-Prime who arranged the Rann/Thanagar collision and shifted the center of the universe. Alexander posed as Lex Luthor and formed the Society of Super Villains and kidnapped many heroes and villains (representing various alternate universes) to build a massive dimensional vibrational fork.

Alexander also indirectly manipulated the Spectre to destroy all existing magic, which resulting in a form of raw magic the fork could tap into. He also used the Brother Eye sattelite to direct the device's energy (making the sattelite sentient).

Meanwhile, the Superman-Two are just flying around, trying to recruit Batman, smiling to everybody.

Superboy-Prime confronted Connor Kent and went berserk. The Titans and the Outsiders came to help but several of them was killed by Superboy-Prime. Finally, Bart Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick came and attempted to take Superboy-Prime into the Speed Force. From the Speed Force: Johnny Quick, Max Mercury and Barry Allen emerged to help. They all gone into the Speed Force except Jay Garrick who couldn't take it and let go. Jay Garrick then said that the Speed Force is gone.

PS: If Marvel revives Uncle Ben, there would be a hell to pay.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa.

So ALEXANDER LUTHOR'S BEHIND ALL THIS?

Wait, the Superboy causing chaos is the "before-crisis teenage earth prime clark kent alter-ego" ?

Wasn't Eclipso the one that caused Spectre to go berserk?

If this is true, then was the creepy voice that talked with the Wizard Shazam in "Countdown To Infinite Crisis" Alexander Luthor?

If Alexander Luthor was the Luthor creating the Society of Super Villains, then were is the real Lex Luthor?

Good God, I really DO need to read this! All of you too!!

P.S Oh yeah, whatever happens I think Wally's dead for good, leaving Bart to become the next Flash. Same as what happened previously in Crisis On Infinite Earths, where Barry passed the torch on to Wally. Heheh. Guess you can say it runs in the family.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But Wally took his wife and both of his children with him; it is tragic if the whole family die... Also, Bart kind of went with him too...

Yup, Alexander Luthor is the "brain" behind all the incidents.

Yup, the one causing chaos is that spoiled brat from the world where no other superheroes exist. The "muscle" of the plan, if you will.

Yes, it was Eclipso, but Alexandor Luthor is the one who gave the black diamond to Jean Loring (present Eclipso).

That creepy voice; I do not know. I forget the details.

The real Lex Luthor was sort of out of town when the Society was formed (in Villains United). Knowing that a powerful enemy had emerged posing as him, he figured that he could not just barge in thorugh the front door. So he gathered some super-villains who refused to join the Society and dubbed them the Secret Six. He gave various missions to the Secret Six that consist of infitrating and sabotaging the Society's installations and operations, while hoping to uncover the indentity of his impostor. By the way, Lex did not reveal himself to the Secret Six and went by the name of Mockingbird.

I agree. "Infinite Crisis" is infinitely cool, but I hate how they killed off random heroes and revived random characters. (Supermen of America was decimated by OMACs and the Freedom Fighters was annihilated by the Society)

PS: oh, and Power Girl is revealed to be Supergirl from Earth-Two. She somehow survived the Crisis, stranded on Present Earth and lost her memory.

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

On the side note, Barry Allen seemed to be alive and well again, which filled me with mixed emotion...

He's not alive again. He is in the Speedforce, and that is the equivelant of being in the afterlife. He isn't coming back for good, so don't worry about it.

Quote:

I mean how many times HAS logan died, and what about Jean. I believe every hero that has ever died in a comic has come back in some way.

Logan is somewhere around 20 and Jean is at three(I believe). Also not every hero that has died has come back to life, unless you count flashbacks, I can't think of any good examples right off but the majority of them would be third tier characters.

Quote:

Wasn't Eclipso the one that caused Spectre to go berserk?

In a ppearance yes, in truth it was Psycho Pirate manipulating both Spectre and Eclipso.

Quote:

If this is true, then was the creepy voice that talked with the Wizard Shazam in "Countdown To Infinite Crisis" Alexander Luthor?

That was Mordu or something like that. The full scene was shown in JSA(I believe).

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that Barry appeared outside of Speedforce and even talked to Dr. Light in Infinite Crisis #5, is that true? (have not read it yet, import books arrive very late in my country)

Ah yes, Psycho Pirate is one of the few individuals who remember the events in Crisis on Infinite Earths, isn't he?

The Red Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Psycho Pirate is one of the few who remember the original Crisis, so Im willing to bet by the end of IC he will play some prominent role.

I praise this storyline for bringing me back into comics. I quit reading comics in '99 but this storyline has brought me back into the fold. I am currently throwing away enormous amounts of money buying the lead-in's to IC like Raan-Thanagar and OMAC Project. Im also buying the GL Rebirth series because I was shocked to learn that ol' Hal Jorden is back.

"Silence is the true friend that never betrays."
"I am always watching. Remember that."
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I heard that Barry appeared outside of Speedforce and even talked to Dr. Light in Infinite Crisis #5, is that true? (have not read it yet, import books arrive very late in my country)

He does appear, but the way I read the scene he was being pulled back into the Speedforce as soon as he appeared so it was just enough to get off a quick message before being pulled back to it. Since it ended on that note I can't say for sure that my interpretation is right, but you can be sure that he won't be staying for long(because it has almost been confirmed that the new Flash will be someone new to the mantle).

Quote:

Yeah Psycho Pirate is one of the few who remember the original Crisis, so Im willing to bet by the end of IC he will play some prominent role.

In a sense he already has because he was important to the events leading up to the crisis that is going on, but I suppose he still likely has some role left to play.

Quote:

I praise this storyline for bringing me back into comics.

Well personally it is what has brought me in to comics to begin with. I think that it is a really good story and can't wait to see how it ends.

Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Barry Allen is dead for good now I believe since he was a part of the Speed Force and now the speed force is gone. That brings up the point though as to who the new Flash is. According to the previews he's in the Wally West style costume but Bart already said he is not taking the mantle since he can't even run fast. In fact the only Flash that can do anything anymore is Jay Garrick due to his metahuman gene, but he also said he can probably only barely break the speed of sound.

Overall I thought the series fairly good but I thought it built up to something that it couldn't deliver on. I mean yeah there was a gigantic panic and some people died but DC does that every year. The only difference here is that the recurring villain that sprung up was Superboy and it jumped everything ahead a year.

Hopefully the 52 will flesh the story out a bit into something more. Yeah Batman Superman and Wonder Woman are out of action for a year but that doesn't matter when everything is skipped over in that year with only 1 comic series to make up the difference in between along with some flash backs.

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: