Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rhapsodia level up trick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Rhapsodia level up trick Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I found out a way to power up your character to max level easily. You would need one of those turbo controllers though.

Once you get Rene, all you do is go to the Obel Ruins.
First, use just characters who are not killable (Kyril, Seneca, Andarc, etc) to defeat all enemies in the first floor. Then, kill off Kyril, Seneca, and Andarc (by using Andarc's magic or something). If you are unlucky, you will get perpetually resurrecting sksletons as your enemy; in that case, try this at the second level or retry.

Once you kill all enemies and get rid of all other characters beside Rene, set your turbo controller (I used a bunch of books) to continue pressing the circle button. That will make Rene "dig" continuously. Rene will get exp every time she digs, and the exp will dwindle as her level rises, but even then it didn't take me even 12 hours to reach the max level (level 50).
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay for cheating the system! Stick it to dah man.
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, lets hope the enemy doesn't have some kind of scale leveling thing where their level depends on yours. I've power leveled in a few games and got owned.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I was hoping so I can level people up faster, but that didn't work, apparently. However, I figured out another way to do this. I simply used the eternally rejuvinating skeletons at the first level of the Obel Ruins and set it up in a way so my characters can kill them off right after they appear. As I type this, my turbo controller is killing stuff left and right. This should add some significant potch and skill points as well.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! Level up tricks are my favorites. If that's in this game (and the process gets carried over to the U.S version) then I'll probably playing Rhapsodia for a very long time. I was fine with the level 99 trick with Chris all the way back in Suikoden 1, but I'm relieved to know that this won't take up as much time. I just don't have the same amount of time as I had back then.

I probably will understand this once I get the game, but at the moment, I'm having a hard time seeing this. If you could clarify a few things, I'd appreciate it, SARS.

So these skeletons . . . at the beginning you said that you were unlucky if they appear after you kill off Kyril, Seneca, and Andarc. Does this mean that there's a chance that they won't show up at all either? I mean, would you have to reload your file, or re-enter the first level of the Obel Ruins to have the enemies respawn? This would obviously cut into the time of leveling up.

And also, you still managed to use the turbo controller to have your characters kill off skeletons? (I guess they keep coming back?) Is there some sort of specific format before you have to turn on the controller? I ask this because you said "set it up in a way" in your last post. If so, is that format complicated?

By the way, how's the music as a whole in the game? Is it Suikoden-ish or just plain lost in the feel of things?

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, is level 50 the max level? That would make sense, because it's a lot harder to level up in SRPGs.

And can I assume that this game does indeed have "training levels," or locations you can return to and fight at an infinite number of times?

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced The Lad wrote:
Yes! Level up tricks are my favorites. If that's in this game (and the process gets carried over to the U.S version) then I'll probably playing Rhapsodia for a very long time. I was fine with the level 99 trick with Chris all the way back in Suikoden 1, but I'm relieved to know that this won't take up as much time. I just don't have the same amount of time as I had back then.

You mean Suikoden III right? Just making sure.

And back on topic, I <3 level up tricks. :D I think the glitch from II was best even though you couldn't get max level, it allowed you to get humphrey and futch incredibly early and level up to a decent level as well. There is also the plus of all the quipment you got and stuff.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally don't like using level up tricks, at least on my first playthrough. I usually play once for the story, again to get everything, and then I will play the game just to enjoy it. So, if I were to use it, it would be on my third playthrough.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I used a turbo controller for my level upage tricks, I used a rubber band to hold the button down. It's a bit easier if you ask me.

Good to hear that there was a level up trick in this game too. Good thing it won't take as long at the level up trick for Lazlo with that Gaien Knight in Suikoden IV. I had my game on for three-four days doing that.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is pretty neat info, Sars. I lack a turbo controller though, so I guess I am out... No matter, I will just have to do it the old fashioned way. Once I have finished the game though...and once I feel I deserve a break in one of my playthroughs...well, I know a certain little Codebreaker who has some sound advice for me in this respect.) Still, entertaining the thoughts of playing through the English version of this game could only mean one thing...that the games release is imminent. I can't wait. The level up trick is still a good one to have nice and early, especially if you have a turbo controller.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz, you should really think about picking up a turbo controller. They have many uses. I could teach you the secret FFIX turbo controller level up trick if you wanted. :mrgreen:
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think over-leveling and leveling up tricks take away from the overall feel and difficulty of the game. I haven't done it in a single Suikoden game yet and I don't plan on it. It makes the games much less enjoyable and takes away from the game.

I especially feel this way with strategy games. Where is the strategy when you can just blow enemies away?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a matter of personal tastes. I like to use tricks after I've finished the game once to see what sort of effects certain stats have, etc. Using these tricks doesn't mean that a person wants to have an "easy game."
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer not to do this kind of thing, the first time at least. Like in FF Tactics, if I had powerlevelled the first time through it wouldn't have been nearly as fun... some of those battles the first time I paid for my lack of experience with some battles taking over an hour as I continuously re-strategised how to get past with my team intact.

After that first time through I looked for all the ways to get through more easily, I still think the first time has a certain magic to it, and powerlevelling early is equivalent to playing through with a walkthrough on your first time.

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
That's what I was hoping so I can level people up faster, but that didn't work, apparently. However, I figured out another way to do this. I simply used the eternally rejuvinating skeletons at the first level of the Obel Ruins and set it up in a way so my characters can kill them off right after they appear. As I type this, my turbo controller is killing stuff left and right. This should add some significant potch and skill points as well.

I hear that. It's a good idea. Make sure that you have healing ground on all of your characters or the poison from the purple skeleton can kill a character. I did this and got a nice 300,000 Skill Points and 270,000 potch (axp.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: