Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 Interview From DPS (Some new info)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 5 Interview From DPS (Some new info) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Producer: 松川智禎
(From Suikoden series and OZ)
-Director: 崎山高博
(1st time participating in the Suikoden series)
-Art Director: 田中秀樹
(There's a famous book author with the same name, but that's probably not the same person)

Something from the DPS (a Japanese magazine) interview that I found interesting:

Suikoden 5 started development before Suikoden 4
(If I understand it correctly, The production of Suikoden 5 was actually started before the production of Suikoden 4!)

The art director was calling Suikoden 5 the "deepest" work in the series.

When the producer was asked if other familiar character like George would return in Suikoden 5, the director said Of course, but the way they appeared might not be the same as what we think.

The yellow and black of the knight's uniform represented the sky and earth. (Normally I think of the sky as blue... or white at least)

The theme of Suikoden 5 would be "Bonds", especially the bonds between blood related people, like the bonds between parent and children, bonds between siblings, etc.

(Don't think these info has been posted before...)

Last edited by Rheo on Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow before sui 4..

well yeah i can see what he means with "not the way as we might think". probably some are just cameos like they own a shop or something xD

If its really THE deepest im very sure we get to see a sindar

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the information, Rheo.
fc_conn

Campione della Fiamma

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

"Bonds" reminds me of Legend of Heroes IV (coming out here soon on the PSP as Legend of Heroes). It had a similar theme about friends and family, and the theme song was even called 'Bonds".

I'm WAYY too excited about Suikoden V. I just cannot wait for it at all.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before IV...holy shit, that means they've been working on this for more than 2 years. I get it now, they released IV to appease us fans before V, that way Suikoden can still be on people's minds. Oh man..

Coudl you give us the whole DPS interview?
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this might explain why suikoden IV wasn't the best of the best. It was more of a "decoy" i would say. But i'm guessing they'll make reference to Tir and the new Toran Republic because it takes place between 1 and 2 right? Or maybe in the ancient books there will be a reference or something....like Tir and Teo of the connection is "Bonds".

I'm excited for this one, not only does the enviorment look beautiful but this is "the deepest" of them all. It will be a good time for the suikoden series

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it doesn't surprise me that they started it before suiko 4.
but that would also be a reason why suiko 4 isn't so good... they knew that they have to do something what tells us important facts of the suiko world.. suiko 4 was 150 years before suiko 1 and you can easily let suiko 4 out of the saga..it is a nice addition but it didn't showed us that much...
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason, the whole time of production doesn't surprise me all that much. Perhaps Suikoden IV was just to appease our appetites, and probably make us hungrier for SV.

That would explain why they didn't go all out with SIV, they wanted to be able to give us what we wanted in SV, and then perhaps add or remove stuff depending on how SIV did.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

its not surprising. Akira Yamaoka (producer of silent hill, sits across the desk from the suiko teams) told me that Suiko 3,4, and 5 went into production almost simultaniously, with three different teams, explaining why each game had such a different feel to it. He said that this was the only way they could get the games turned around fast enough.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shivam wrote:
its not surprising. Akira Yamaoka (producer of silent hill, sits across the desk from the suiko teams) told me that Suiko 3,4, and 5 went into production almost simultaniously, with three different teams, explaining why each game had such a different feel to it. He said that this was the only way they could get the games turned around fast enough.

hmm..interesting but kinda sad..and it makes me angry too... so they rushed it..they should have one big team that knows how to make it..
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who really knows for sure. As long as this game is worth the wait, and the dissappointment of the last game, then I will have no problem with it.

Perhaps they were planning to release the other two first, so the others that are done with their respective games could aid with making this one.

With all those heads together, not only will it hurt when they bonk, but the game will be a success...I hope I'm not jinxing anything, cause that'll suck!

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shivam wrote:

Perhaps this is why Murayama left? He didn't like the idea of them "milking" his baby?
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My thought scheme is like this, three different teams working on 3, 4, and 5 right?

Well, as far as we know, 6 isn't in planning, so that means all three teams are gonna bum-rush the 6th game, and it'll bring us to tears with its majesty.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So when V comes out I can just pretend IV never happened! Yay!

And if it has been in developement that long, it should put people's minds at ease that the game is being rushed and we should get some top notch quality.

So sad when even this little bit of new info can get me all excited.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bbsting120 wrote:
So when V comes out I can just pretend IV never happened! Yay!

And if it has been in developement that long, it should put people's minds at ease that the game is being rushed and we should get some top notch quality.

So sad when even this little bit of new info can get me all excited.

Agreed on all accounts. I can't believe it's got me excited either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: