Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ramadhan is near
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Should'nt this topic be locked is'nt Ramadhan past :?

CLERKS
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
Should'nt this topic be locked is'nt Ramadhan past :?

Not yet. This is now the final day, actually. But then there is the two days of Eid ul Fitri, so it shouldn't be closed until the end of this week.

Axis wrote:
What? runemaster too? And how come's Jovia in Jowston? I thought he was Harmonian.

I was looking through the topics on whose religon they belonged to. And that's what i saw. Runemaster said that he's not enitrely sure what he belives in, but he supposes that he's technically a Muslim since both of his parents are. And Jovia posted and showed that s/he was in Jowston, so...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today is Idul Fitri!

Minal Aidin Wal Faizin, Mohon Maaf Lahir Dan Batin.

Forgive me for all the bad things I've done in this forum.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Eid ul Fitir to all of you again.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erm, i hat to be the party pooper here, but i was informed that today is the very last day of ramadhan. Well, you can have Eid and all, i'll be having mine tomorrow.

Well, not really. I can't make it to the prayers, sicne i got a tutorial at 08:00. I really wanted it to be today, since i don't have any classes today. But C'est la vie. This tutorial is too important to miss.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, how was everyone's Idul Fitri today? This morning right after the prayers, a battalion of kids stormed the front of my house. Father and mother quickly defended the front lines, armed with Rp.5.000s. Me and my sister soon came as reinforcements. God, there were a sea of kids there. Well, after succesfully defending our house, we went to my father's mother's house. I got a lottta THR. Finally I can afford that Crisis On Infinite Earths paperback!
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My apologies for not coming to this thread earlier, so I hoope you all had a well forget the word so i'll just use the term Blessed Ramadhan. Same meaning at least, so thats what counts right? Oh, and as far as from me goes all sins are forgiven from my part. Not that I really recall any from those who celebrate this, but for those that have it's forgiven. I suppose this is something like Lent for Catholics, at least with the whole forgiveness deal isnt it? Please dont take offence to my comparison if I am completely wrong with said comparison.

So, yeah could someone explain to me what exactly Idul Fitri is? It sounds something like Halloween actually with this army of kids showing up at a persons door, either that or something far less pleasant. Not to say that candy would be what they came for, either for that matter, but thats just an outsiders observation.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I wouldn't say that it's like Halloween, but more like the Chinese New Year. You get Eidi money from your elders, like the Angpao (sp?) in the Chinese New Year. But that's how i see it, anyways.

So to the Muslim posters here i.e. Calupict, Kohaku, Njord, Gaara, Axis and Hamza, i give you all a big

Eid Mubarak!
or in Indonesian
Selamat Lebaran!

As for my Eid, i had to go to class, couldn't go for the Eidi prayers. :(

Anyways, to answer you question, Fil, Idul Fitri is a celebtration for the end of Ramadhan, just as it looks like. It starts with a Eidi prayer at the mosque, which is at about 08:00 in the morning. Afterwards, you come back home eat something, and go around partying. Well, that's how it's done where i'm from. It's also Sunnat (act done by the Holy Prophet SAW) to eat something sweet for Eid, just as it was to break the fast in Ramadhan with either a date or with water. Idul Fitri actually is for two days, in case you didn't know. That's about all i can give right now.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eid ul Fitir is an Islamic festival that takes place at the end of Ramdhan, the month of fasting (refrain from food, drinks, and pleasures), a celebration thanking Allah (God) for this month, the word Fitir in Arabic means Breaking the fast, Muslims starts the day with Eid's Prayer preferably somewhere open, if not then in the mosque, one has to eat something before leaving, cleanse his/her body, wear the finest cloth he/she got, wear perfume, and avoid having anything that smells bad, simply must be in best shape/look.

After the prayer, people visit one's close to them, family members, friends, and neighbors, and congratulate them for the Eid, in my place, older people (working people), share their happiness with young ones by giving them money or gifts (called Eidia in here, of course if able), children if want can offer gifts to their elders (mother, father, grandparents).

The Eid goes on for three days, four in here, I guess can go to two according to Star, but surely not less (never heard of one Eid day).

That's all I know about the Eid.

As for me Axis, If you want to know, I stayed until 4 AM chatting on MSN (don't know why), went to eat afterwards, washed up, watched a little bit of TV, then slept at 5 AM.

I wake up at 4 PM, for good, I kept getting calls from everyone, tried to ignore them, but decided to raise and shine because I couldn't sleep anymore with the annoyance, weird enough the calls stopped long before, I just felt weirder because no one bothered with me in this day (which is fine since I don't really like going out visiting people), started running around the house, found out no one was there, I waited for my mother to come back (for the Eidia of course), got nothing, but was promised with something later.

At night some of the relatives came over, I hanged around with the little kiddies until they left, without me noticing (after few hours of running around after them, I just left them to play some PStwo), later I took the laptop from my little sister and started my journey through net world.

Yeah, another regular day for me, the next day (which is today) will probably be the another same normal day.

Raging Tigers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im doing my Eid today brother and sisters, so Eid Mubarak to all of you, i will be off to see through out the day. So cya later
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Happy Eid Al Fitr to you guys. MInal Aidzin Wal Faidzin.
I just have return from my hometown (mudik).
Having a big family reunion and such.

Filipe : In Indonesia, we give kids money at Eid Al Fitr or Chinese New Year (for the Chinese).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eid Mubuarak to all of you from the Sultanate of Oman.
and kul am antum be7ar
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same to you.

But you know, it's a little bit late for that now, we already pass Ramadan and Eid.

Thanks anyway ^)^.

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it's already too late.
But thanks anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wait some...oh, eight more months or so. Then Ramadhan will start this year. Thanks anyways, zincbrain.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: