Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ramadhan is near
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, we don't have any Ayam Rendang here, just Rendang. Beef Rendang to be exact. Oh, and i got another mistake with the cucumber translation there. Sorry.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for being so late, I have been quite busy with university life which keeps me busy from Suikox nowadays. Anyways, Ramadhan Mubarak to the rest of my fellow Muslims here and assalamalaikum to you as well.

This is generally how my day goes for Ramadhan:
Wake up for Sahur at around 5-6... depending on sunrise. Eat, and then pray and then sleep. If it's a weekday, I'd be sleeping until class starts whether it's at 8:30 am or 12:30 pm! :oops: Go to class, and then pray if the time for prayer arises. I hang around with my friends until Iftar except on Tuesdays and Thursdays where I have to sit in my cafeteria and stare at people eating :( because I work for Relay for Life (a find a cure for cancer program). Anyways, after Iftar, I go to the Mosque for Al-Tarawih' and then just hang out with my friends and all. That's basically it. If it's a weekend, I'd be studying during my class hours since my midterms are this coming week, other than that I might be surfing the net.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calupict wrote:
Talking about food, do in your country has special Ramadhan only food. We in Indonesia has stuff like Kolak, Timun Suri, etc

Sure.

We have Dumplings with yeast, little round balls socked in yeast or honey, called "Jimaat" in here, very sweat, a must for me, meat soup (I don't like it), just your regular soup with these little strings (don't ask what it is called, I don't know) added tiny pieces of meat, since I like playing around in chicken I would sometimes hide the meat in one pot, I'm not that bad, I leave one or two for others :P.

There's also something called "Fatosh", burned bread crumbs on salad (not really burned, just cooked in oil till it gets hard or something), I don't like it either, because of all olives they put in it, "Tashreeb", meat broth on a kind of soft bread, very good and another must for me everyday.

For drinks we have orange (Tang) and red (Vimto), I like the latter more since mother always make the first sour.

That's all for special food I guess, speaking about special, do you guys have special events going on Ramadan days, we have something like Halloween taking place on the thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen of this month, kids go on knocking on doors after the Isha prayer for candy, no funny costumes though, just regular clothes or traditional ones in certain countries.

Ramadan is getting to an end in few days; I would like to wish you all a Happy Eid.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
That's all for special food I guess, speaking about special, do you guys have special events going on Ramadan days, we have something like Halloween taking place on the thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen of this month, kids go on knocking on doors after the Isha prayer for candy, no funny costumes though, just regular clothes or traditional ones in certain countries.

Well, except for visting people we know (Doing Silaturahmi/Silaturahim? Right? Yes?), the usual given THR, and some stuff quite common, there's not that much in my neigbourhood.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

THR => means some money. It means "Tunjangan Hari Raya" or "Celebration Day Fund".

The kid done it at Eid Al Fitr day while (either first or second day since in Indonesia Eid Al Fitr takes two days) they come into houses and ask for forgiveness often the kids actually accompany their parents.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Beef Rendang to be exact.

Mmmm...Beef Rendang...(drools). I loves the Beef Rendang.

It's late to say this i suppose, but the last ten days of Rmadham are upon us. You know what that means :wink: . Well, i hope that you know what that means.

This year, Ramadham was harder for me for some reason. Probably because of the stress of the projects and assignments to give in, as it's coinciding with the last days of the Semester.

For me, at the beginning of Ramadhan, Iftar started at about 04:30 in the morning and ended at 18: 25. At the final days, Iftar is at 03:49 and ends at 18:45.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Poor you, lucky us we got the ten last days off, not an official thing, but we got our ways with the doctors, with nothing to do in the mornings things will be much easier, not that much though since midterms are right after the Eid..

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
We have Dumplings with yeast, little round balls socked in yeast or honey, called "Jimaat"

Funny how "Jimat" means "Talisman" in Indonesian.

Quote:
It's late to say this i suppose, but the last ten days of Rmadham are upon us. You know what that means Wink . Well, i hope that you know what that means.

Yup, it's Laitatul Qadr time, baby.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
Funny how "Jimat" means "Talisman" in Indonesian.

Really? I didn't know that. I asssumed that "Tabees" would have meant talisman, since i have one, like on me right now. Well, you learn a new thing everyday.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ironfist

Raging Tigers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aslam Alaikum,

i am Hamza, i wondered how many muslims is on this site?
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Really? I didn't know that. I asssumed that "Tabees" would have meant talisman, since i have one, like on me right now.

Oh, not the "Tasbih" used for Dzikir, by this I mean like a lucky charm, or talisman something.

Quote:
Aslam Alaikum,

i am Hamza, i wondered how many muslims is on this site?

Waalaikum Salam, Hamza. although I don't know the exact number, I etimate about 10-15 numbers.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there, Hamza.

Well, Here's who i know are Muslims. You can obviously check from the posters here in this topic, but i'll list them to you anyways:

Calupict - Grasslands
Starslasher (your truly ^_^) - Jowston
Kohaku - Jowston
Gaara - Zexen
Axis - Harmonia
Njord - Island Nations
Jovia - Jowston
maken - Tinto
Duilin - Zexen
runemaster - Harmonia

I'm not sure who else. I may have forgotten a few. Forgive me, those whom i forgot to mention. :oops:

Looks ike Eid ul Fitri will be coming at Thursday or so.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? runemaster too? And how come's Jovia in Jowston? I thought he was Harmonian.
Ironfist

Raging Tigers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whats with Harmonia and Jowstone stuff? I kinda new and havent figured what those were.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Whats with Harmonia and Jowstone stuff? I kinda new and havent figured what those were.

Those are nations, and I believe you might want to see the FAQs located in either the Community Forum or the Budehuc Forum.

By the way, it's the final day of fasting, people! Good luck on staying on fasting! The temptation is at it's peak!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: