Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

angel hairballs and other suiko 4 issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: angel hairballs and other suiko 4 issues Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey folks--just wondering if anyone had good strategies on killing angel hairballs, and what levels and charas you found handiest.

and on that note, who did you find most useful as main party? this stupid four chara limit is killing me here. Currently i use hero, gau, kika, kenneth.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the basic recommendation that i saw at game for angel hairballs is to leave them for later on and to equip your characters with higher end runes and up defensive stats.

i found that levelling up, good armor and silent lake was the best strategy; it limited the angel hairballs attacks-i then used the 'adonis attack' and killed it off quite easily after that.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The four to use is Lazlo,Ted,Lino and Snowe. If you find a angel hairball and want to kill it early then you have to go all out, Combos and the strongest attack you can get even if you use the rune of Punishment so that it kills the Lazlo it is probly worth it. If this is the end of the game why are you using that team and you cant fight any beatter than that go to the training room.

CLERKS
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Silent Lake works on the Angel Hairball, then it would be a good idea to use the ninjas (especially Kate, since she has great Fire affinity) plus Jeane with an Alert Rune. Silent Lake would hold out long enough for Jeane to get Alert status, and pummel the Hairball with her Level 4 Lightning spell. Note that this is if you want to fight it at an early level. The earliest I've beaten it is at 38.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SIlent Lake is pretty much the way to go. The hairbll's lightning spell is lethal and sealing it off early (and often) is very helpful. The Pirate Attack helps a lot as well.

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hated th Angel Hairballs with their high defence so i left them all untill i was at 50 or so and had recruited Snowe then took them all down with:

Lazlo, Hervey, Ted, Snowe
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure it's possible to survive the lightning spell if it get's it of and you don't have Vengeful Child or Canopy Defence running. It's using the Thunder Rune level 4 spell. Personally, I just hit it with True Friendship, Judgement and Kika's Falcon Rune and it died without casting. Now without Ted, Snowe or using Silent Lake, THAT's hard.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a strategy that I read about from one of the posters from either GameFAQs, Suikosource, or Suikox. Anyway, try using Eugene. With his Firefly Rune he'll take all the hits that aren't group attacks. Just cast the Earth spell that cancels magic attacks and your party should do fine.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the use of silent lake very useful. However I also found that equipping a character with the Red Loincloth(has same effect as firefly rune) and then casting that Earth spell the cancels magic to work pretty well. I like this way moer because it leaves you with a free rune slot to use as yos see fit. So, in other words it lets you increase your attacks per turn
Dura Sinai

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally someone else makes note of the usefullness of Eugene on Angel Hairballs! Silent Lake is effective but it can place some very strong characters in your party at a major dissadvantage. Particularly as the Physical Defense on these things are astoundingly high. You are better off using a second level spell on one character and use a character like Ted with level 4 soul eater to do some nasty damage. Physical attacks until level 50 is approached don't scathe those things.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah... Magic Canceller is a great idea. They're easy to make, but Pearl Shells can be quite a hassle to get. I can't believe I actually beat that thing by doing Ninja Attack over and over and over.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was able to beat it with Lazlo (level 99 using a turbo controller), Paula, Chiepoo, and Kenneth on the first visit to Obel. If you use strategy, you can really take those things out. Be sure to use the rush command and always have someone using items. Heck, three of my characters died in one hit when I fought that thing recently and the lightning attack took out my 602 HP Lazlo in one hit if he used it. But the Golden Hammer is nice to have so early on. :D
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't think they were very hard o.o And I didn't even bother leveling up very high in Suiko IV. I just kinda mindlessly hacked away at them, healing every so often, and they went bye-bye.
Oboro Tennosuke

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just used Lazlo, Ted, Kika and Maxine. You can guess what happened...

EG, with characters at level 99 how much damage did the hairball deal?

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The lightning spell is still tough. Characters dodge the physical attack most of the time, so I don't remember how powerful it was. The other magic was only so-so. It's fire and ice spells warranted healing after three or four hits, but even they were nothing too dire. Its the lightning spell that gets you. But then again, a properly equipped level 99 party can kill the Great Tree in three rounds without healing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: