Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Suikoden cover
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Suikoden game cover is your favorite?
Suikoden (Original or US)
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Suikoden II
42%
 42%  [ 21 ]
Suikoden III
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Suikoden IV
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 49

poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Favorite Suikoden cover Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If this has been done before, well it was long enough ago that I'm sure many people didn't vote in it :D. Basically, which Suikoden game cover is your favorite, and if you want to, post saying why.

My favorite is Suikoden III's. I liked II's a lot, but III had some better poses, as well as a much better layout. The border with the True Fire Rune and such is very fitting as well. It's one of my favorite poses of Hugo too.

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am going to agree with poorguy171. the cover for three was pretty nice, for a close second is four, but i still like three better. :D
Hell_Fire

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. The Suikoden 3 cover was great. Number two was a close second though. The other 2 were pretty lame. Suikoden 4 didn't look suit the suikoden style at all.

Suikoden Role Play - Players wanted
Bekka

The Kotaro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 — English or Japanese version. The other cover looks awful... But I like the Original cover, as well as the English one.

Then 3 which I didn't mind. I wasn't keen on either 2's for some reason. 4 wasn't too bad but not as good as some of the others. Gaiden has some nice covers...
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Suikoden II's box art was great then i would have to Suikoden III's. I didn't really like Suikoden I's and IV's was worse.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II or Suikoden III. Both showed the trinity of heroes (Riou, Nanami, Jowy or Hugo, Chris, Geddoe) quite well. I give the edge to Suikoden II, though, because it shows more diversity of supporting characters.
Teioh

Heavenfang

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the Suikoden II's cover best. I liked how nearly everyone of Star of Destiny is in it. Next comes Suikoden III's cover. It's simple but yet so well made. Then Suikoden IV's cover. A bit boring cover, but well made. Then comes the PAL Suikoden cover. It's kinda mushy looking, but a lot of better looking than NTSC cover, that was just awful.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden 3 cover was great!!!is the best :)
Viktor2008

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the SuikodenIII covern the best. It just looked awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i favored suikoden 3 and 4's cover. But in terms of which was better, i like suikoden 4. And despite the game not living up to its hype, it seemed, i dunno, more epic somehow. Suikoden 3...i didn't like Chris on it and Hugo i could so without. So yesh, Suikoden 4 <3 It had almost all the characters i liked on it, so its a bonus to me. Also its washed out like colors...i dunno..seemed more attactive. Since war is naturally gloomy and should not be bright or a good thing. I dont know im wierd.
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say that I like the Suikoden II cover the best, mainly because I like Fumi Ishikawa's Suikoden II art the best (I never quite liked the rougher Suikoden III style) and uh... well, the first games mural is a close second as it is pretty clear and the Liberation Army's emblem on the top was a nice touch.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Shadowfax

Shadowfax Legions

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just had to put my vote to suikodenII.Although the colours used were a bit bland,It shows more characters than all the other covers,As well as the cool trio comprising of Riou,Jowy and Nanami.So It therefore takes my vote.Suikoden III came in at second,Followed by I and then IV.

*just a little FYI about punctuation marks; they require SPACES after them!*
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd definately have to say that III had the best cover, closely followed by IV. They are jsut more intricate than the older two. They show the characters' personalities better in my opinion.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... I personally think that III's cover was the best, then II, then IV, then I. I just didn't seem right here in the US. Never saw any of the Japanese covers.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the only box art Ive seen for the suikoden games was 1 & 2s... I liked one's better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: