Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who will win the Boston-New York series?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Red Sox or Yankees?
Red Sox
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Yankees
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Who will win the Boston-New York series? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm betting on the Red Sox. Whenever a big prize in on the line, the Red Sox go into overdrive against the Yankees. Plus, I'm naturally biased, being a Red Sox fan.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the Red Sox won last year - I don't think they really need to be in the playoffs again.

But really, the one I want to win is the one who would be easiest for the White Sox to beat. Because they're due, god dammit (White Sox haven't won a world series since 1917...and the Cubs since...well, before even that, but they're not in the playoffs this year.) and even while I totally expect them to fold like a deck of playing cards in the first games of the playoffs, I can't help rooting for them still and wanting whoever emerges from the Bo Sox - NY Yankees face off to be the easier team for the Sox to beat. If they fall, then I don't care who wins though I hope it isn't either Boston or New York. NY has won a lot in recent years, and Boston just won last year. Though I'd take either as a preferential victory over St. Louis. ;)

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bias Sophita! :lol: But at least your team has home court throughout the playoffs.

I'm pulling for the Angels as a whole. I'm a season ticket holder, so I get to attend playoff games. We raffled off playoff tickets and I'm attending the second home game of the upcoming series. I don't know who the better match-up is for the Angels, but I want to see the White Sox. they play exactly like the Angels and that would keep me on the edge of my seat. Of course, Sophita and I probably won't speak to each other during this series. (if it ever takes place) I'll be sure to keep a nice little tally in my signature despite the outcome.

But as for Boston and New York . . . let's see.

Johnson won today, so that gives New York the division title. But I think it's incredibly boring to have the Yankees and the Red Sox AGAIN in the post season. Atlanta is a 14 year given too. I'm into new teams in the post season. I'm going to bet that Mussina will win tomorrow against either Bronson Arroyo or Matt Clement (who should have signed with the Angels this summer, but I digress)

Cleveland you big whiffers you lost again . . . WIN A GAME! The White Sox - Angels match up relies on you all WINNING a game. I hope Cleveland wins tomorrow and Boston loses. You can have the MVP award. Let everyone else into the playoffs.

Just on a note, if tomorrow ends in a tie, then Boston and Cleveland will have a playoff qualifier game on Monday. That's bad news for the White Sox, Yankees, and Angels because their playoff roster has to be done by Sunday. They won't know who they'll face, so they can't play match-ups and the like.

====

Scenarios:

Cleveland is the Wild Card and New York finishes higher than the Angels:

Los Angeles Angels at Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians at New York Yankees

Boston is the Wild Card and New York finishes higher than the Angels:

Boston Red Sox at Chicago White Sox
Los Angeles Angels at New York Yankees

Cleveland is the Wild Card and the Angels finish higher than the Yankees:

Cleveland Indians at Los Angeles Angels
New York Yankees at Chicago White Sox

Boston is the Wild Card and the Angels finish higher than the Yankees:

Boston Red Sox at Chicago White Sox
New York Yankees at Los Angeles Angels

It all goes down tomorrow.

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm betting on the Red Sox. Whenever a big prize in on the line, the Red Sox go into overdrive against the Yankees. Plus, I'm naturally biased, being a Red Sox fan.

lol, overdrive? Maybe last year, but there is a century worth of bad memories to prove that the Yankees usually go into overdrive against the Red Sox. The Yankees won this series against the Red Sox + the division, and if they were to meet again in the playoffs I think it would be the Yankees again.

But thats besides the point, no team in the AL will win the World Series... Nobody in the AL has any pitching (Assuming the Red Sox get in over the Indians) with the exception of the White Sox, and they haven't exactly been stellar as of late. The Angels have the soon to be Cy Young winner in Colon, but thats it. Don't throw around all the ERA stats either because thats only half the story. Three starting pitchers is all that is needed in a series and the NL has the most dominant pitchers. Of course, pitching won't do it by itself but its a great start.

The Cardinals have Carpenter, Mulder, and Suppan(Been great lately) + Isringhausen. The Astros are going to be the Cards competition in the postseason this year with the Rocket, Petite, and Oswalt + Lidge. The Braves also have great pitching with Smoltz, Hudson, and Sosa but no closer. The Padres don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but they do have Jake Peavy...

My World Series Prediction? The Cards or Astros will get there as they will rematch in the NLCS, preferably my Cards :) I want revenge over the Red Sox for last years pitiful perfomance. I want the Cards to prove it was a fluke(It definitely was imo), but the Red Sox are gonna struggle to make it back. When Tim Wakefield is your most effective starting pitcher, something is wrong.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't look at ERA when it comes to the post-season of any sport. I'm of the opinion that pro-sports operate in mini-seasons. In baseball, I believe that it operates in four smaller seasons that equal one big one. That would be Spring Training, Before the All-Star break, After the All-Star Break, and finally the post season. Padres or not, everyone becomes tied up when the post-season starts. It's a new game at this point.

So the only thing I look for when it comes to playoff teams is momentum. I feel that it's a good reflection of things to come in the post-season. And no one in the National League playoffs is convincing me that they have good momentum coming into their respective series. St. Louis currently has a two game streak and Houston has one. That makes St. Louis 4-6 in their last 10 games while Houston can't be too happy with Philly still trailing them.

Then we move on to the American League where Division leaders have won at least 7 of their last 10 games. Angels have won 8. But I have to admit that regardless how well or how badly teams are doing right now, in the end only one team from each league will get to the World Series. And yeah, this holds true for NL starting pitching (Bullpen goes to the AL thanks to Gordon, Rivera and the Angel Bullpen and also the Padres for dragging the NL down) which is vastly superior to AL starting pitching. But again only one team can make it all the way.

I'm happy for Colon, but it's too bad Lackey and the rest of the Angel starters don't get recognition. The same goes for Freddy Garcia of Chicago, Jeff Suppan of St. Louis, and the other pitchers that have done very well their previous few starts. Oh well, maybe their opponents will sleep on them only to be trounced soundly.

I have no real problems if anyone in the AL wins the World Series. I'll be happy if that happens in the end. If it's on the NL side, then I'll hope for some heavenly miracle that the Padres somehow take it just to have the title close to home. I can hear Leb laughing at me right about now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: