Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Safir clan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
I think an old exiled man named Harukaze once said that Safir may have been Arabian. I trust him though I don't remember his reasoning.

Hmm, well I don't really know much bout this, but the only reason I can think of is the name. Safir sounds like the word "Travel" in Arabic.

This kinda makes me think of the Badu/Badow( I don't really know the spelling =___=; ) and how they used to travel around and didn't stay in one place for too long.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought of the Safir clan as a clan of kobolds. It was said that Muto was from the Grasslands, and we never saw any kobold village in the Grasslands, so that's where I got that idea. Though, there could be a village somewhere in the Grasslands that has nothing to do with the six clans that has Kobolds and other races, as well.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Though, there could be a village somewhere in the Grassland that has nothing to do with the six clans

There are. Milit for example is one such village (though no Kobolds to speak of). Suikoden III was fairly limited to exploring the true size of the Grasslands in terms of villages. Excluding Zexen/Harmonian territories, we only visited places that were the Six Clans or dungeons/paths.

There are many other villages, St. Joe's family live in a village further to the south. We know Milit exists (can't remember the exact location). I imagine in a place where we have Ducks and Lizards there will be a village of Kobolds.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
We know Milit exists (can't remember the exact location).

Milit is located south of Caleria, off the edge of the map we see in Suikoden 3.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you Alkazar.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Etenralmaiden

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am positive it's the clan Martha, Piccolo, Rina and Eillie hial from because they're all gypsy like and have aout the same physical type...
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I am positive it's the clan Martha, Piccolo, Rina and Eillie hial from because they're all gypsy like and have aout the same physical type...

While I agree here, unfortunately for us, there's no proof beyond that they dress the same, well their appearance has common aesthetic themes. Ultimately we'll probably never know. Safir was mentioned fleetingly. If we were ever going to know about it we would probably know a bit more about it than just empty guesses like we have now. For all we know Piccolo anad Martha are dressed the same because they're both long time inhabitants of Budehuc, maybe that's Budehuc fashion. Point is, we'll never know. I agree, I think that they may be from there but I disagree that you can know without a doubt they do come from Safir.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: