Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Safir clan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably, but as he's a travelling swordsman who's true motivation we don't understand (perhaps he just likes fighting in wars and then leaving) so we don't know why particuarly he chooses the lands he travels to.

Anyway, this is becoming off topic now so back to the Safir!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Puppy Power wrote:
SPOILER FOR SUIKODEN V

Because Suikoden V happened before Suikoden I.

The basic timeline goes like this: Succesion War, Suikoden V, Suikoden I, Suikoden II.

END SPOILER

haha! i got myself wrong what a bummer i should read SARS timeline seriously i thought the succesion war was suikoden 1 that's why it was confusing me alot well tnx wolf king for putting my mind at ease.

dammit... having a puppy to put my brains back. oh well back to the safir. have we encountered someone from the safir clan before it was wipe out a character that we have known in the game? and to put it simply i also agree that grasslands extends beyond zexen i'm thinking that it can match the size of nameless lands or the badlands or norther outlands whatever the name is.

edit: so what i thought in the first place was right he did start in falena..

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, he started in Scarlet Moon Empire. Then traveled to Grasslands and then to Falena and then back to Dunan.

It was all a translation error that made people think his "legend" started in Falena.

For Georg info read Sars' editorial

http://suikox.com/ed/georg50425.html

As for Safir - I don't think so. Officially nobody has been revealed having come from Safir. It's likely that nobody appearing in Suikoden III was from Safir either as not a single person mentioned their home town being destroyed recently by Harmonia.

People say the Flame Champion is from Safir but there is nothing to substantiate this theory other than "he doesn't resemble the other clans we've seen". We know nothing of Safir.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still stand by my first speculation about Safir that Martha and Piccolo are from there. They have similar styles of dress, they are from Grasslands, they're tribe/clam is never mentioned so it could be anyone of them, their style doesn't fit any design motifs of any other of the clans and tribes we've seen and they both have similar facial features, a point which is often included to show a blood connection between characters(i.e. hair, eyes, tattoos; all characteristics used often in RPG in general). Though my theory has many holes that could easily imply them to be from any number of anonymous or lesser tribes of Grasslands, so it's very speculative. I guess we'll just wait and see, but it probably will never be explained.

An old member had a working theory about Safir being like Arabic Mystics, but I have not the slightest idea of where his reasoning would come from besides some loose connection of the word "Safir".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Martha and Piccolo run a scam together as well don't they? Well perhaps not a scam but doesn't Piccolo convince Budehuc castle residents to buy lottery tickets saying that it's their time.

Not that I believe that they're from Safir. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Acheron88.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sayin my spec. is bullet proof, but yeah, I've heard this agrument before too. They do pretty much run a scam together. So that may be a reason they're dressed the same and why the designers did it that way, but I still think they're from Safir. So yes, Agree to Disagree(When in Rome...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Guardian of Fate

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I always thought that Martha and Piccolo came from other villages of the Karaya clan or something. I always assumed that the Flame Champion came from Chisha, because he married Sana, and I always thought that Safir was a village of Kobolds. then again, it's not like the Grasslands only has the villages of the Six Clans...Muto, Martha, and Piccolo could have come from other villages that don't belong to any other country or clan, and are just part of the Grasslands.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You misunderstand me Acheron88 - I was actually playing Devil's Advocate with my "scam" argument. I was using that as a possible support that they're from the same clan. Though as you've said there are many reasons they were running a scam - but it's still another connection to be found.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Guardian of Fate

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We may never get the answers to the Safir clan and the origins of Muto, Piccolo, Martha, the Flame Champion, etc, until the timline of Suikoden continues past III, or there's a game insterted between II and III where it shows Georg in the grasslands and it shows the Safir clan and such. Maybe if there's a game like that, we'll see Hugo's father, too.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Georg was in the Grasslands before Suikoden I not between Suikoden II and III.

I think, like many things in Suikoden, it simply won't be revealed.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami wouldn't leave us hanging like that. It will eventually all be revealed with time. Well, at least I think so.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really. It's hardly a corner stone mystery like Viki, Jeanne or Yuber/Pesmerga for example.

The Safir Clan is just something we don't know. We rarely know the origin or characters throughout Suikoden so I don't think it's a huge priority for Konami.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Konami wouldn't leave us hanging like that. It will eventually all be revealed with time. Well, at least I think so.

Yeah, Konami would leave us hangin like they've done on several occasions. Besides, leaving the guesswork about origins makes it easy for kids to have a delightful time writing fanfics about it. Were Safir shown to be a boring, agrarian does nothing town idea's like it having a labyrinth wouldn't exist for us on SuikoX and I kinda like that idea. So pretty much, yeah, Konami's just gunna leave us hangin probably. I'm surprised that the Safir Clan has even sparked 3 pages of discussion(despite the George sidetracking). It's meager compared to pretty much any Viki, Jeane and Yub/Pes discussions though, as Axiose pointed out.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just saying, we're only up to the fifth game out of a whole series, and we don't know how long it could last. It could go further in roman numerals than Final Fantasy, and even though more and more locations will be shown, it's not impossible to reveal about characters or the Safir clan or other things. There may even be games about the Succession war, and Hirusaak's war against Aronia. But, I guess we won't know until we get there.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's unlikely, that's all I'm saying. It's not out of the realms of possibilities, but it's just unlikely.

Suikoden so far has never had a main Suikoden game set in a nation already featured. The only games to be set in a previously explored nation would be Card Stories, Suikogaiden I (as Suikogaiden II is set in pre-Suikoden III Grasslands and Harmonia) and Suikoden Tactics.

For such a minor point of Suikoden III, something that has no story or plot related relevance (about the aspect of the clan not that the clan was destroyed) I really doubt we'll get any information on them.

Suikoden could reach high roman numerals but there are still plently of places to explore. Nameless Lands, Southern Outlands (or whatever they're called), that super-power on another continent that Albert was apparently working for (might/might not be Falena). Then there's all the other unheard of nations from the other continents we havn't explored.

Each game has plenty of unexplained events and mysteries and so far Konami have been very lax about filling in any of the secrets and unknown factors, especially with regard to characters.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: