Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Safir clan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The town that we visit in Suikogaiden 2 is not Safir. It's Milit I believe. Camus is indeed from Kamaro - read the character guide.

The reason it's not in Suikoden III is because we only see a handful of the villages that actually exist. There are many more villages in Grasslands we likely do not see.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know where Camus is from, it most likely is more, but they probably arent all that importmant to see.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Camus is from Camaro, or was Safir the village, in Suikoden Gaiden, that him and Miklotov,Nash,Eilie,Rina,Bolgan and the Lampdragons were at?

I'm sorry, I found it hard to understand your question. I thoght you were suggesting that Safir was the same village in Suikogaiden II and saying that it could be where Camus is from.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry. I was wondering because someone suggested that Piccolo and Martha could possibly be Safir clan members. I searched and didn't see anything, I guess I just missed it.

Piccolo and Martha really do look like they belong in the grasslands, but they have no tribe they belong to. It makes sense to me I guess.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha I always wondered if Safir was maybe the counterpart to Alma Kinan, having all men instead. I mean really, to be able to produce there has to be interaction somewhere. Then depending on the gender of the child it would be sent to said village.
Haha, alright it's a bit out there, just some speculation though.
I figure Safir was a lesser village, since Harmonia seemed to sweep it pretty good. That could have been a soldier ratio more than anything, however.

-My DeviantArt-
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've not heard any information stating that they're from Safir, but merely from Grasslands.

They don't have to be from any of the six clans we see as there are many other places in Grasslands we never see in Suikoden III.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rikimaru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A little tidbit of information before I speculate.

Quote:
"Georg was once a Queen's Knight in the kingdom of Falena, but was blamed to have murdered the queen and became a fugitive (He really did kill her though). Since then, he became the leader of the Ebony Moon Knights in the Grasslands, and then was recruited by Barbarossa Rugner as one of his Six Great Generals during the Succession War. After the Succession War was over, he left because he had "fulfilled his promise." He then fought against Highland during the Dunan Unification Wars. He is one of the best swordsman known in the lands."

Maybe the Safir Clan was the homebase of the Ebony Moon Knights, and maybe Harmonia or another nation wiped them out and they lost most of their troops becoming a less populated tribe. George than leaving maybe seeing himself as a faliure or such and thats when Barbossa Rugner invites him to be one of his generals. Im gonna look at the timeline and see if it fits in .
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You should quote and link information that isn't your own as you'll have illegally gained potch for that post.

Anyway, the information is out of date. Georg originally started off in Scarlet Moon Empire in the Succession War, then went to Grasslands and became an Ebony Moon Knight and later on then went to Falena as a Queen's Knight.

I doubt Harmonia would've attacked a Grasslands village due to their 50 year peace treaty that was signed up after the first Fire Bringer War - Harmonia only attacked Grasslands in Suikoden III for the first time in 50 years.

The Ebony Moon Knights could've just been a troup of Mercs that wandered around Grasslands. I doub it, but you just never know.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started the whole Martha and Piccolo thing and I'll be the first to admit that it was/is completely speculation. I just pieced things together and thought way too much about the game. The only thing that inspired me to this conclusion is that they dress the same and are from Grassland. I think that Safir is accurately placed on our map, otherwise it would be north of Zexen which wouldn't make since for Harmonia to attack first.

I'm fairly sure that Grasslands extends above Zexen and Budehuc for a substantial distance, otherwise Budehuc wouldn't have been the pivotal trade point it was. Its my speculation that Grasslands goes higher and thats where many of the villages are that people originated from. Not outruling that where we place Tinto is where some of the villages in Grasslands are. I really don't know if Tinto is in the right place on our map. O well, I'm getting off topic. I think an old exiled man named Harukaze once said that Safir may have been Arabian. I trust him though I don't remember his reasoning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Auilix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
I'm sorry. I was wondering because someone suggested that Piccolo and Martha could possibly be Safir clan members. I searched and didn't see anything, I guess I just missed it.

Piccolo and Martha really do look like they belong in the grasslands, but they have no tribe they belong to. It makes sense to me I guess.

i thought at one point in the game (a thomas chapter, i'm sure) martha says she is from the grasslands. i have no clue what clan she would be from but her dress is reminiscent (to me) of elie's or something. as for piccolo, he didn't really look like any other existing character/culture/clothes to me.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wolf King wrote:
Anyway, the information is out of date. Georg originally started off in Scarlet Moon Empire in the Succession War, then went to Grasslands and became an Ebony Moon Knight and later on then went to Falena as a Queen's Knight.

i thought it was the other way around? :?

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The confusion started when the US/PAL version of Suikoden II was released and Georg's investigation was translated the wrong way round. In the Japanese version (the correct version) he starts in SME, then goes to Grasslands and then to Falena.

In the English version (the wrong version) they translated it so it sounded as though he started in Falena, then went to Grasslands and finally went to SME in the Succession War.

It fooled all of us for years until Sars noticed the anomoly.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wait why does georg looks much younger in s5 than in s2 and s1 when its said that its the other way around argh! well too much confusion.

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SPOILER FOR SUIKODEN V

Because Suikoden V happened before Suikoden I.

The basic timeline goes like this: Succesion War, Suikoden V, Suikoden I, Suikoden II.

END SPOILER

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Guardian of Fate

Child of Snow

898 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kind of a long hike for him to run back and forth like that. :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: