Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Safir clan?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: The Safir clan? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What information do we have on this clan? I've been fascinated by the "lost clan" of the Grasslands for a while, and I'm curious to know why they barely even mentioned it in Suikoden III.

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was annihilated by Harmonia. That's about all that was ever released on the clan if I remember right.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any well-supported speculations? Like what their culture might be like, or if any characters are from there?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the speculations could be as rampant as anything. They could be octopus people for all we know as we have no information on them what so ever.

People speculate that the Flame Champion was from Safir, but seeing as we have no information on them, there is nothing to support that theory.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought they said the Flame Champion was from Chisha, either in the game or the manga. I could be remembering wrong though.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's speculated that it may be Arabian I think, but thats from agges ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've read upto book 7 or 8 in the manga (the one with Luc, Sarah, Yuber and Albert on the cover) and I don't remember anyone saying that the Flame Champion was from Chisha. Sara (was that her name?), the Flame Champion's wife was from Chisha but that doens't mean the Flame Champion was.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the Safir was the home to the Gate Rune Clan or the home of Bob and his race. (Can't remember the name.)
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bob was a Lycanthrope, and his village was destroyed before Suikoden 1 by Windy when Bob was a little boy/pup. So for Safir (if it was Bob's Lycanthrope village) to STILL be listed as an active village of the Grasslands is a bit off.

Many characters are said to be from the Grasslands. Eilie, Rina and Camus are three off the top of my head. However, we see no sign of a village with Rina and Eilie's dress style. Perhaps they came from the Safir? Camus is a difficult one to say which clan he's from, but it is fairly certain he's not a Lizard or a Duck. I'm assuming he's male given he's listed as male and looks like a dude, so Alma Kinan is out. This leaves Karaya, Chisha and Safir. His skin and calm personality leads me to believe he is not of Karayan decent, also if he was Karayan, he'd have recognized Lucia in Suikoden 2. I'm left to think Camus came from one of the other two clans.

Seeing as we were never really given a location of the Safir, but we know the Harmonians took them out before they marched on Chisha. This makes the placement of Safir on our SARS War Map fairly accurate. We never see any character who says they are from Safir. Nor does Kidd uncover and Safirians in the Fire Bringer.

Chances are they are more like the Chisha or Alma Kinan than like the Karayans. Safir was a laid back member of the Grasslands and weren't heavily active in warfare. We only heard their clan name a few times in the course of Suikoden III. Each time it was either in a list of the Grassland's clans or as a sidenote. Not once did anyone say "Hey let's get Safir to help!" This leads me to believe that they were a secluded clan much like Alma Kinan or Chisha.

If the residents of Safir were anything but human, we'd probably have heard of them. Although a village of landgoing octopi-people would be humerous. I like to think in my mind that the people of Safir are a relaxed people like Chisha were. However our SARS War game has shown much war going on in Safir.

All my speculations are based on my free thought and not on too many solid facts, but I feel Safir is just a village like Chisha.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was the Konbold village in the Grasslands Muto(the store house keeper) was from there seems that there would be a knold village there. Or it could be the home of those dogs be the time the village was gone they were homeless.

CLERKS
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget that Grasslands is huge and there are many more villages than the few we see.

I think of it that the one's we've seen are the "chief" villages are the respective tribes. Tribes like Duck and Lizard will (and do, especially to the south) have many other villages scattered around. Places like Alma Kinan may not have many elsewhere, but there may be others like the village we've seen for Alma Kinan's in the same forest.

Same with the village we saw in Suikogaiden II that never made it to Suikoden III, there will be many more villages around Grasslands that people have come from.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just as easily asyou could say that Muto was from Safir one could infer that Martha and Piccolo were both from there. They both have very similar design aspects and they have a very strong bond, one probably stemming before the accord they struck for the lottery business, though that is just a personal speculation I hold. Their style is unique yet to each other it is very similar. They also both have the half eye kid of thing so maybe Safiri people have heavy eyelids and look sleepy like Caesar does. Maybe, but we won't know with any information coming out in the new games so we can wait for Grassland to get revisited.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thoyght Martha was Krayin that is how she knew Lucia.

CLERKS
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was speculation about Camus' origins in the Grassland earlier, and I think it would be far more likely that he was from the area of Kamaro. In our Suikox war game Kamaro was counted as part of the Nameless Lands, but in the Suikoden world it is counted as a part of the Grasslands. It is quite likely, from my perspective at least, that Camus was either born in Kamaro itself, or is from one of the outlying areas that is protected by/owes fealty to Kamaro. It would explain why he looks different from most of the clan members that we know of, as well as help to explain where he gets his attitudes about chivalry, received his early martial training, and why he is drawn into service as a knight. I seem to recall something about the knights of Kamaro and of Matilda often exchaning members with each other, or working together, or something of the like. I can't recall correctly, and it may just be one of those things that I've imagined to be true and then decide that it is. If you have evidence to support or disprove, please, post away.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Camus is from Camaro, or was Safir the village, in Suikoden Gaiden, that him and Miklotov,Nash,Eilie,Rina,Bolgan and the Lampdragons were at?

Wonder why you can go to that place either, if its in the Grasslands?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: