Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Classical Music
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Classical Music Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like classical Music? I do
I was forced to learn classic guitar by my parents when I was 10 and now I’m 18.
The likeness for classic had grown since then.

My favorite composer is Debussy (yes, he never write anything for guitar/lute, but I adore him anyway), especially the two pieces of ‘Deux Arabesque’ and ‘Suite Bergamasque’ (especially Claire de Lune). Another composers that I really like are Camille Saint-Saens (Carnival of Animals) and Eric Satie (especially Gymnopedie).

I really love Impressionists as you can see from my selection of favorites. I don’t really like the music from the Baroque era. Mozart is good but Handell’s Sarabande just made me sleep.

For opera music, I prefer Puccini’s Tosca and Bizet’s Carmen. The musics are just adorable.

As for the player, my favorite is John William (no, he’s not the Star Wars composer)

Now, would you give your opinion regarding to Classical Music?

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I grew up in a household with a music-teacher mother. She's taught everything from elementary music, to choir, to orchestra, but she speciallizes in orchestra.
I don't play any istruments phenomenally well, but I can get by on piano, viola, violin, and I dabble on bass and flute.
That said, I love classical music. It would have been horrible if I didn't learn to like it. It's on all the time in my house. As a result of that oppinion, when an anime or game has a really nice classical score behind it, I respect the series a hundred times more. Just because I at least partially understand how much work would go into writing something like that. Besides, the fullness of sound that goes into classical music just can't be replicated by any other genre. I love other music genres too, but they are VERY different moods.
That said, I like romantic period music best. Classical and baroque music is all well and good, but it gets a bit tiresome after a while. It's like old, old, old, old style pop. Kinda light and sometimes almost trite sounding to me. It is fun to dance to though. ^_^ (provided you enjoy waltses and classical dances)
My favorite can be summed up, not by a singular composer, but by saying "Russian composers" Romantic-era russian composers had very dramatic sound to them. When the music has a sweet sound, I could melt. When the music turns angry, I feel like I'm ready to lead a revolt. Whatever mood it's written in I can really feel it. I love that.
I also really adore Beethoven, much for the same reason. His earlier work I find somewhat dull in relation to what he wrote later, but I just think he was brilliant.

Lets see... opera... I love Opera, but in opera I get distracted by the show, rather than the music. So while I might like the music of an opera, if the story bores or depresses me, I loose interest. So I prefer cute and comic opera. Anything by motzart is wonderful fun opera. I can't think of any titles right now off the top of my head! (Wow I feel stupid! I go to opera all the time, and right now I can't think of any good examples! ugh!)

Oh well. forgive my temporary lapse here, but I think I at least communicated my general oppinions... If anyone wants to know favorite songs from classical composers or opera, I'll look through my CDs later and respond again. I'm too lazy right now.

Oh, and Debussy is great. I love his vocal pieces too. I've tried to sing them, but so often they're for very deffinate sopranos, so I my voice isn't suited to them. But they sure are pretty to listen to!
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are a few pieces of classical music that I like, but I was born and raised in a family that likes to rock out. My tastes lean more towards any kind of music taht when you listen to it loud like I like you feel like your ears are bleeding. Classical music is something I would listen to as a soothing influence on my anger.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Romantic era isn't bad after all. I'm talking about Chopin and Tchaikovsky. The two are the best example for dramatic music

My top 5 :

1. Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy (from Suite Bergamasque)
2. Gymnopedie - Eric Satie
3. Aquarium - Camille Saint-Saens (from Carnival of the Animals
4. Turkish March - Mozart (most of the Opera's)
5. Arabesque no. 1 - Claude Debussy

Chibyakko, they are those i reccomended

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think classical music is pretty cool there are a couple of songs that I really like only thing is I don't know the name of any of them or the composers who wrote them.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well i think that classical music is good but not all. like all kind of music there are some incompetent that tries to make some, but fails...

well... that what i think but i do love classical music( the fact that i grew up with my parent listening to some almost 24/24 has nothing to do with it...really!)... but only sweet classic... not some big viking opera...

tough there are one german guys that i like, his name is Karl orff, you know the one that wrote ''carmina burana''
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like a great deal of Bach, but my favorite has to be Ravel's Bolero...produces some interesting mental images.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im more into Chinese classical music...since i grew up watching old ancient kung fu themed HK tv series...i dont really know of any composers by name...but the one band ive listened to alot, altho they do modernized versions of old chinese/japanese songs, are Twelve Girls Band...

if you havent heard them check them out...they have an US debut album coming out this month!

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While listening in great quantity to classical music has never really been one of my frequent activities I can happily say I am a classically trained vocalist rather than the pop crap that frequents a lot of the radios in this day and age. I will never say that I am the greatest singer in the world but I can say that I am somewhat decent to say the least anyway. It has been a few years since I actively listened to classical music or sang any either so I dont recall too many names. thats just my standing on it anyway.

Knights of Ilam

0 Potch
43200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Classical music is the most enjoyable amongst all kinds of music, at least according to my opinion. I have had a fondness for it since 7 when father brings home a small violin as a gift for me. I have played violin since then. Yes, classical music is very good indeed.
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dad has a few classical music cd's that he listens to while im in the car with him... I think some of it is pretty good but it's not my favorite kind of music. I mainly listen to punk rock music., and sometimes classic rock.
Thanks
And1balla
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I don't listen to classical music all that often, I would say that it is very, very good.
I own a couple of "greatest hits" CD's, but I only listen to them when I'm in the mood.
I enjoy Holst's planets, especially Mars and Jupiter and Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and of course anything by Mozart.

I also really like the tune from the movie, the Deer Hunter, it's called Cavatina.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe, Cavatina is the first full song that I could play in guitar. It's really tiring your finger you know?.

Some of the "Greatest Hits" are not that good in fact. They usually took the popular/controversial one, which is not always the best.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like Mugrosky's Ballet of the Unhatched Chick (from Picture of an exebition)
but i guess i rather give my top 10 :

1. Pavane for the dead princess - Ravel
2. 1820 Overture - Tchaikovsky
3. Orpheus from the Underworld - Offenbach (it's really comical)
4. Fossils - Camille Saint- Saens
5. Toccata & Fugue - Bach
6. Eroica - Beethoven
7. Madamme Butterfly - Puccini
8. Air on G string - Bach
9. Sarabande - Handell (they're very good, Schala!)
10. Bach's Brandenburg

Wow, there's still a lot
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too was rather forced to learn how to play on the piano but not from my parents, actually from my music teacher, it happened one day when I was goofing around and playing on the piano, after that he just told me that I should keep on playing and try to improve my skills.

So that's where I begun learning how to play on the piano, and if I remember well that the first one I had to learn was Beethoven's " Swan Lake" (if it was really the name), at the beginning it was kind of hard but as time passed it got easy to understand and to remember.

After that my likeness for classical music had started and to tell the truth I don't really find classical music much appreciated at this time where we are living but for me I wouldn't deny that I need to listen to it sometimes when I feel depressed or need to write something that my concentration is considered necessary.

Therefore, I really hope that people start listening to classical music or just try to listen to it, who knows that maybe classical music is the thing that everyone needs to get them relaxed. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: