Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Vandal Hearts

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shining_Wizard19

Falenian Security Forces

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Vandal Hearts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After looking through the forums i've noticed there is no mention of this great game, also made by Konami. I got this game after getting suikoden 1, mainly due to the fact it was advertised at the back of the manual, thinking if Konami can produce a great game like Suikoden, then sure as hell vandal hearts will be just as good. And i was not dissapointed. My 1st real excursion into the tactics side of RPGS. Again story n characters were high on the list of what made this game good. So good infact that i had to get vadal hearts 2 as well. Superb game, liked the fact you can revist area's and learn new skills. 2 thumbs up from me for both games
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Siertes

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was never a big strategy RPG player, but Vandal Hearts is a game I have high respect for. Extremely good game. I should really buy that game...
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Vandal Hearts 2 and managed to beat it twice. I've heard that VH1 is thought to have been better than the sequel.
As for Vh2, I found it really kewl, the battle system based (mostly) on predictions was acceptable, what is more enjoyable. I wouldn't have anything against if such a system was implemented into Rhapsodia.
Shining_Wizard19

Falenian Security Forces

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah if that battle system or one of a really similar nature was used in Rhapsodia then i can see myself seriously liking the game. Hope that Rhapsoida gets a UK realease like it deserves though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this game a while before I got Suikoden, I didn't even realize it was made by Konami till right now. I enjoyed this game a lot, though when you kill enemies it did make me want to watch Army of Darkness especially because the main character's name was Ash!
malicesoul

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aahhh....I remember Vandal Hearts with its exageratted blood effects. I good srpg with a great stoyline (reminded me of Suikoden)
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this game, as it is what got me into the Tactical RPG scene as a whole. Not only was it as such, but it was also my first Strategic game by any means. I was instantly hooked, even though some aspects of the game were challenging to work with, I was new to the game type after all.) But I picked up my legendary skills at these sorts of games in due time, and I liked it ever more. The sequel was great, and only improved an already great game. I would love to see (as I have said so many times in the past- a reference in my 'TRPG Thread' you can find on the next page, or maybe at the bottom of this one) a Vandal Hearts 3 on PS2, as Konami still has time to make such a game before the PS2 is forgotten and left behind in the wake of the soon-to-fall-upon-us Playstation 3...

Konami has had a project long in the running to remake Vandal Hearts 1 on the DS, though this fact is mainly speculation, as it could in fact be a brand new VH game altogether, but that is unlikely. Either way, it only tells us that Konami has not ditched this game series behind, and has plans to further its greatness. Good news in my ears. A game that was the progenitor of my love for all Strategic RPG's deserves to have many titles in its series...
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These games rocked. Hands down some of the best SRPGs ever. Especially the battle system from VHII, that was unique. I've ever seen anything that intense and fustrating ever before. Seriosuly, you move at the exact same time on of your enemies moves, making it really hard to just wipe them out or corner them. You have to seriously think about your next move about five or ten turns in advance. Truly an awesome set of games! I wish I still had mine... But, there's always ebay, where I also seem to get some of my old favorites (A $25 perfect condition Dragon Force was one of them...!!). Might be hitting ebay tonight.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jugend

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember I bought this for my brother's birthday back in 1997. I really loved the game. I thought it was a lot of fun. in fact, it's the only SRPG that I've ever completed. I played some of the second one, but I didn't really enjoy it taht much. I tried again earlier this year to beat it, but I got asfar as i did the first time around, and didn't play it anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShuTheLord

The Gale Knights

0 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never played Vandal Hearts. Too bad it really seems like I missed out on a gem. So if anyone has an extra copy and wants to send me a copy.... There are cookies involved as a reward...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved Vandal Hearts, but it became one of those games for me that lost its inherent value to me just because I played it so much. I've beaten it several times (only takes a weekend to get through), and I've even unlocked the ultimate class for Ash. (Why can't I remember what it's called??? It'll come to me, or someone here I'm sure will say the name and I'll remember.)

I've become anal with that game, and the last time I played through I constantly restarted levels just because I missed out on getting one of the hidden items in the floor or in a chest. Or I'd restart because one of my characters didn't level up with the rest of the team. (I remember Clint having that problem if I made him into a swordsman, but if he were one of those guard dudes he'd be fine.)

I pretty much got used to playing with a certain party, and it's the same set up that I always go with:

Ash - Paragon/Vandalier! (THAT'S the name! :D)
Clint - Dragoon
Diego - Sniper
Eleni - Enchanter
Huxley - Ninja
Grog - Duelist
Dolan - Dragoon
Sara - Archbishop
Amon - Sky Lord
Kira - Sniper
Zohar - Enchanter
Darius - Sniper

I've also done files with all Snipers/Sky Lords and all Ninjas, but I was never really completely balanced as you can imagine. Still, doing crazy stuff like that always makes an old game fun again.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: