Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Disgaea 2 has been announced! *Update 10/23/05*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Disgaea 2 has been announced! *Update 10/23/05* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is going to be a information topic about the game, which I hope to update whenever some big info comes out (This'll be much like my Shadow Hearts 3 topic). So here it is:

From new update: A news story

News Stories
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disgaea2/news_6134627.html
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144230
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/093005d.html
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144924

Offical Site
http://disgaea.jp/2/index.html

Magazine Scans
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29421
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29422
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29423
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29424
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29425
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29426
http://www.dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=29427

Screenshots
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/disgaea/disgaea2/screens/disgaea2ss101105a .html

Apparently the only old character(s) we have from the first game are: Etna and the Prinnies (If you can count them as characters). Otherwise it's a completely new cast so far. The game is back to a Grid-Based battle system, unlike Phantom Brave and Makai Kingdom.

For the release date, an August 2006 release has been said (could be changed).

From the new news story, it's been said that NIS America is bringing Disagea 2 over the North America.

I'll update when there's more info.

Last edited by Keriaku on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No Laharl? BAH!!! :P

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see if they top the Prism Rangers scene.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

great news, thanks for sharing. That prism rangers scene will be tough to beat, that was hilarious.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes it will be, but the best scene in Disgaea was the horse weiner!

Hopefully this time the game won't increase game length through dumb artificial means, and make people feel so overwhelmed they refuse to play it (like me).
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my dear lord, I can't believe this. I seriously might have a heart palpatation here soon. I can't believe all the Suiko goodness that's coming out, and now this?

Disgaea is my favorite SRPG by far. And who is that new buxom babe in there? I can't say I'm suprised that she's designed the way she is, this is Nippon Ichi were talkin' about.

It is kind of sad that Laharl might not be back, the only beef I had with him was his annoying voice. The new guy looks pretty cool. And who knows, Laharl is the king of the underworld now, and Flonne could be his queen, so they may not have time to participate in this!

Or, an even crazier twist, what if Laharl got power hungry, and now he's the bad guy? It seems like something an earlier, un-developed Laharl might do.

Man, what a great month, or two. Whatever, this kicks ass, end of storee.

Edit: AGH! Holy crap I just looked at the magazine scans. The recruits can get upgraded now? This is so intensley boss, I can't even fathom what's going on in my head right now.

Upon further looks of the magazine scans, maye the new guy and bew buxom girl are trying to take over the Underworld? Who knows. but they are also seen as playable characters, so who knows whats going on.

Man, there are so many games I'm waiting for now, this is totally unfair. I know it will get released in the states, but if not I wil waste all of my money to leanr japanese, import it, and get an adaptor of sorts for my PS2. I'm not gonna let Disgaea 2 end up with the same fate as Generation of Chaos! (Sorry for the tangent :D)

One last Edit: And also, on this 1Up article, just some general info on the game, and it's supposedly going to be released Decenber of 2005 in Japan, so well be able to her some nice feedback soon!

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)

Last edited by Makumaku on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dood, I cant wait, even if it isnt as good as the first, if it has prinnies, I must have the game... as prinnies are the most awesome thing in a video game that I have ever seen!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the link Makumaku, I'll add it to the first post. I had that idea as well, that Laharl will end up a bad guy. I never finished Disgaea (I know, shame on me) but maybe now the new guy is Etna's master, instead of Laharl.
Makumaku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How far are you into the game? You really need to finish it, it is spectacular.

(sweet sig coming, not so soon, as my main computer bit the dust)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku wrote:
I never finished Disgaea (I know, shame on me) but maybe now the new guy is Etna's master, instead of Laharl.

No, Etna seems to be after Rosarie, and that means she's probably going to be antagonistic for a time.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[tinyvoice]Am I the only person who was completely and utterly bored by Disgaea othe than it's pretty pretty artwork?[/tinyvoice]

It looks pretty, but it'll be a rental for me. The plot wasn't as strong as it could have been in Disgaea, so unless this one improves on that some way I'll probably just rent - Leveling up characters for hours on end just so I can take on some gigantic boss doesn't sound fun to me.

Prinnies do rock though. Hard.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I'm more excited for NIS America's prinny plushie that they're gonna roll out for their online shop sometime this year.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Makumaku wrote:
How far are you into the game? You really need to finish it, it is spectacular.

I think I've gotten to Chapter 7 or 8. I know I've met Gorden/Jennifer, but I haven't met Kurtis yet, between there. It's because this is the kind of game (Atleast for me) that you'll pick up for awhile (ie. a few chapters) and put it back down again for bit. Other games that are like that for me are: La Pucelle, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. >.<
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is truly great news for all fans of the original game, and or the games that came out following it using similar systems. I happen to be one of the people who liked these games, despite their lack of more serious undertones. I mean they came off as way too kid oriented but I suppose it worked for them enough that they made more games. So hopefully this turns out just as good as the other games, and they keep making more, possibly develop it a bit more with a darker theme.

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
This is truly great news for all fans of the original game, and or the games that came out following it using similar systems. I happen to be one of the people who liked these games, despite their lack of more serious undertones. I mean they came off as way too kid oriented but I suppose it worked for them enough that they made more games. So hopefully this turns out just as good as the other games, and they keep making more, possibly develop it a bit more with a darker theme.

I loved these games as well. Though IMO, I hope they never make an all around serious/darker game. Being bright, silly, crazy, with only a dash of serious plot is what makes NIS, NIS. If they made a completely dark and serious game, you might as well play any of the other S-RPGS on the market. (Stella Dues, Final Fantasy Tactics, Front Mission, Fire Emblem etc.) That's what makes them unique IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: