Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Some intersting Suikoden V bits I've noticed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Some intersting Suikoden V bits I've noticed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, it appears that the black-cloaked woman might join the HeroV. In a scene at around 4:30 (in the Japanese partial trailer, with cutscenes, no intro), you see her standing with HeroV and several other party members. Then again, it is possible that she was just there with them when the strange voice started talking.

Also, do we know if voice cutscenes will have text-boxes or not? The trailer showed all scenes without them, but then at the ending part with lots of screenshots, we see all scenes with text-boxes. I personally hope it is done like IV, but that the scene moves automatically. I would like seeing the person's portrait and words as they talk, but I don't want to have to move the conversation on myself (plus there are scenes where comments need to be timed right, and they are messed up if the player has to be the one to move along the conversation).

Lastly, I am beginning to think that the Sun Rune is a head rune. The queen's forehead glows towards the end of the trailer, and I'm assuming it's her rune. Also, seeing as how the Rune of Punishment was on HeroIV's left hand, it wouldn't be impossible for Konami to stick a True Rune on a character's head slot.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, putting a sun run on the head makes sence in various "symbolic" ways.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Also, do we know if voice cutscenes will have text-boxes or not? The trailer showed all scenes without them, but then at the ending part with lots of screenshots, we see all scenes with text-boxes. I personally hope it is done like IV, but that the scene moves automatically. I would like seeing the person's portrait and words as they talk, but I don't want to have to move the conversation on myself (plus there are scenes where comments need to be timed right, and they are messed up if the player has to be the one to move along the conversation).

I think there may only be text pics during the times where there is no voice acting (to maybe help with facial expressions ect.). Though, we just don't know.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:
Quote:

I think there may only be text pics during the times where there is no voice acting (to maybe help with facial expressions ect.). Though, we just don't know.

I was thinking this too, but there is one scene in the trailer which shows the Queen in the same position as in one of the still screenshots, but the still shot has a text box. It's possible this is just a moment when she's not talking, but I hope that they will have text boxes. Sometimes, it's hard to understand what they say.

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of games with voice acting these days have the option to display text w/voices or just voices or just text and so on... that could be a possibility.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I just went back and did a little comparing. It seems like all the cutscenes in the trailer have had their bottom areas cropped off. What does this mean? They most likely trimmed off the text boxes, making it harder for us to translate and as to not give up any character's identities. So, I'm assuming that text-boxes will be present during all cutscenes (like in the scene with HeroV's father embracing him, we have a text-box in the screenshot, and the bottom chopped off in the movie).

Well, it's good new for me! Anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: