Suikoden United and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

God of War. Any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: God of War. Any good? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking of getting this game. It looks really good, with a great story and great gameplay. Can anyone here give me their opinions?

I'm a big Greek Mythology buff, but I boycott most games on the subject because they always depict Hades as the villain (he's one of my most favorite gods). But my least favorite is Ares, and this game will finally give me a chance to whoop up on him. :twisted:
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I can say God of War is a truly amazing game...it has loads to offer compared to most games on the shelf at the moment... you're a big greek mythology buff huh?... well don't expect much to be a history lesson from this game, even though it does include quite a lot, they are said to not be all accurate... but should prove netertaining for you...

I too like hades... i like using him in the games age of mythology... i don't care what God is better so long as i have hades... but you shouldn't stop playing a game because of that...

anyway... i would recommend ya get that game from looking at what you've said... i bet you'll enjoy more than all the other people i've been chatting about it with... :twisted: good luck on your decision "I'm too inept to spell 'friend'"
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this game along with resident evil 4 are on my most wanted list... must have God of War! *eye twitch*
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's pretty overrated. It's not the best in it's genre, and it strives to be like other popular games in it (PoP, DMC, and Ninja Gaiden), but doesn't offer the depth those games offer. It's also WAY too short, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind short games. It just seemed rushed to me. The gameplay is far too simplistic, it's easy, there are only 3 bosses in the game, and there's literally no replay value..

It's a good game, but not as good as people say.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Himuro is correct. While I agree that the game looks great and it's an interesting story, the gameplay is very basic and the story seems rushed. I played for about 4 hours, and was already more than halfway through the game. Long games are what I truly live for, but short games don't bother me if they are something that I'd want to play again. This game, however, sparked no such interest from me. I had no desire to unlock the extra costumes/armors, and I didn't want to play through the game on a harder setting.

Overall, it's a good game that briefly touches on Greek mythology (nothing big, just talking with some of the gods that have allied against Aries.), but it's certainly not the greatest game I've ever played, or even the greatest action title I've played. It's definately worth renting, if nothing else.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game is good, but it seems like it was released prir to its full capacity, like the deadline came and they did the less than they had planned. Like when you beat the game you get to see all the director cuts things and so forth and you can see that there were a few more things they didn't finish.

It is a fun game, and is a platformer if I'm not mistaken. There are better ones but if you like mythology this is an interesting take on them and you should enjoy it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edited. Use punctuation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: