Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

invisablity cloaks and Mythril

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: invisablity cloaks and Mythril Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been woundering where Mythirl orginated, We see it in vidio games and in Tolken's works but does it have an older orgin?

and where can it go? that I think I have an answer.

I'm lacking any links to articals on the web about this subject, but I do know that scientists are studying the make up of a very very well known (and annoying substance) called spider silk.

belive it or not, this stuff is so far the strongest natural substance found on earth. But you might be saying "fuh, strong? I can swipe it down with little effort"

but you aren't an instect caught in a web, nor are you the animal who created it....created it from its own body.

the protiens in the silk are the secrete ingredient, if you put S.S into human terms you'll have somthing stronger than steal and as pliable as silk. Scientists (i read in an artical) want to harness this protien and incorperate it into goats, these goats then will make speical milk that somhow can be "spun" into a strong fabiric, with these fabrics police can have bulletproof vests with hardly any fuss, with these new materials buildings can be stronger and call for less supplys.

so what do you think? There are sources on this, i just don't have them to link to, one of them is in (forget which issue) a National Geographic magizeen about "future fabircs", one of these possilbe wearable marvels includes (non spider related of course) "smart" fibars, cloathing that has micro technoligy. This fathomed technoligy bosts that when perfected the wearer can "be come invisable", (in a scientific sence, the suit will collect data from the environment and mimmick the surroundings)

these folks are scarry technoligies, its one thing to of thought moon travel was "science fiction" but when -fantasy- becomes science fact, you wounder how long it'll take before you can go buy your self "a coot widdle dwagon cub" at the pet store, or fling fire balls out of sticks (ok so it is a lighter)

I'm sorry for the incoherancy and spelling errors but for somereason i feel my ablity to be undestandable is worse (could be reason of feeling totaly worthless and incompentant) but if you understood what are your thoughts? I'd like to claim that this post isn't offencive, but If I would then...there lies the hurtfull words.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds better than wearing a vest made out of diamond which is probably impossible. Spider Silk would make very good light weight armor then.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soon everything will be made out buckminsterfullerene, because it is just that cool.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly I've never even heard of Mythril until I saw the word used in my Harvest Moon game ^^;;

nor do I know anything about it, like how it's found...
hmmmm......
*goes to look it up in the dictionary*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fear the spider-goats.

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JRR Tolkein invented mithril as far as I know. My dictionary gives his novels the credit for it at any rate.

Quote:

I'm sorry for the incoherancy and spelling errors but for somereason i feel my ablity to be undestandable is worse

Bah, it's not hard. Just write out your posts, stick them in MS word, use the error correction software in that pick out spelling errors (but ignore them when it's stuff like names or words it doesn't have listed) and then recopy and paste the thing back into the forum. Or just rereead your post after you write it and see what jumps out at you. There is no reason not to, and by not doing it you are making people think you're dumber and more careless than you actually likely are. I, too, have very low self-esteem, but that doesn't mean I don't have any pride, or that I don't want people to understand my posts. If you want to have people discuss something with you, you must make sure that your posts are readable. Otherwise people will skip over it because they do not wish to strain themselves translating your speech.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid wrote:
Fear the spider-goats.

yeah, NG had a picture of goats hanging from a barn celling, people wrote in and complained, they said it was tastless and morbid.

I don't know how the hell the'll spin milk, the goats will give milk with a new protien, I guess the'll turn it into half cheese then into fibars.

I'm supprised PETA radicals aren't bombing these labortiorys yet "oh no save the spidars, save the goats save the Spiotes!

but if you can get a hold of any of this info, i suggest you read, regardless if you belive in science or not, snake venom and spidar silk are natural marvels that we don't understand, and Itll be fun to see the dumbfonded faces of the people when the day comes when venom is medican and spidar silk (whic is liquid when it comes out, then hardens in the air) is turned into real-life Mythril and or used to make buildings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mythril was (like practically every other fantasy idea) created by Tolkein.

As for spider silk, it is the most tensile naturally occuring material, but that goat idea seems a little far-fetched, I read that scientists were trying to create an artificial material which just mimicked the properties of spider silk.
It is a good comparison to mythril though.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I beleive the concept of mythiril is something of a mix between titanium and steel, you know its incredibily strong, light, and easy to manipulate yet you fing it in a mine kind of like iron.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's supposely the strongest metal like substance. That is if it really existed. If it really existed then almost anyone would be able to effectively swing a large sword. In most video games, mythril is one of those rarities. In Beyond the Beyond, I remember you had to go into some sort of cave and find mythril. Tolkien is probably the one who thought up the idea like Random Guy said.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always wondered about that. What the heck is mythril and where is it found? Or as some believe did J.R.R. Tolkien just come up with it and since then games from all over have started using mythril this and mythril that like it's an actual stone of some sort. Well you know I am just going to leave this alone. For if it was actually real i am sure someone would have heard something about it somewhere before. We could always look it up on yahoo or google or something and see if we can find out whether it is made up crap or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: