Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

(Spoilers) Fatal frame

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness_rune

The crimson knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: (Spoilers) Fatal frame Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How many people, except myself like fatal frame. I have the first two, and I really want the thrid one, it comes out in november. But i'm looking forward to rhapsodia more, but I love them both. After I beat fatal frame 2, I cryed for two days I was all "Mayu, why did you have to die. Mio why did you kill her?" And the end song always get's me, even though it's in japanese, it still get's me.

Last edited by Darkness_rune on Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try looking around here for some cool stuff to check out until then.
http://theshadowlands.net/places/
Taken from the site
Quote:
Tokyo - Outskirts - Outside Tokyo is a haunted mansion that was the basis of the game "Fatal Frame". It is said there are other houses close by linked to the past of the mansion. People who have gone in there were later found by police with rope marks on their wrists, legs, and neck. There are also vast tunnels under this mansion but it is unknown what they're for. Sometimes during the day you can photograph a small girl in a kimono in one of the windows

p.s you might want to put spoilers in your post.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before Spoilers come running down crazy from the mountain let me say my take on the games.

I have been hunting down the PAL version of the original Fatal Frame (the name was changed to Project Zero in Europe for some twisted reason) on the X-Box for some time now.

I couldn't find the thing near its release and other than eBay I still can't find it, and on eBay I haven't found a compatible seller or the necessary funds at the time.

That has put me off from playing the sequel, as well on the X-BOX, which got later released with more extras again, though I can fortunately find the second game a lot easier.

Many people have described them to me as some of the best horror games ever, and I'm really looking forward to them and the third game that was announced a while a go.

Anyway gotta go before the spoilers crush me.
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i only have fatal frame 2. i bought it without knowing anything about. when i started to play it i was in awe of the graphics. tecmo did an amazing job with this game. i think this is one of the scariest games i have ever played and it has a surpisingly good story line as well. it is much better than resident evil and silent hill in my opinion.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only played the first game. Too scared to play the second. ^^; I'm not into horror movies/games/etc. but someone told me that it's based on a true story and it has a good storyline. I gave it a try and in the beginning, I can't stand looking at the television screen without being scared. >__< I really want to stress that the graphics were horribly well done. In my opinion, other than the plot, I think the music was what really made the game extremely scary. I don't think I would be too scared if it weren't for the errie sound effects in the background.

I did play most of the game. I can't really say that I 'finished' the game, even though I watched the ending, because I wimped out on the final battle with Kirie and got somebody to finish the game for me. *sigh* I also had insomnia which lasted for about two months. @___@ The storyline was one of the main reasons that kept me from stopping. The other main reason was to make me face my fears from playing/watching horror games but, eerr, I don't think it really helped. =__= Tecmo seemed to have placed a lot of effort in the game. After playing 'Fatal Frame', I can't imagine myself laying my hands onto another horror game. Though in the end, it was a worthwhile experience. ^__^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zero

Blood Knights

3523 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose I would be lieing if I said the fatal frame series wasn't fun and innovative. It just didn't keep my attention for too long though. Maybe I can get a little inspiration here to start playing one of the games again, if someone here can honestly promise me that the story actually becomes interesting the deeper you get into the game.

See the thing is with slow starts, I can only manage to break through if it's a game that has a lot of hype and generally appeals to me. I trudged through Final Fantasies 8 and 10, both of them had fairly lame starts (I think) that didn't really draw me into them. I finished them though because they had gotten so much hype and because I had enjoyed their predicessors.

Fatal Frame was just one of those games I saw at blockbuster for $16.99 used and purchased. Afterwards I played about maybe...20 minutes or so before deciding I needed something a little faster paced.

Julious Cezar
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love both Fatel Frame games. When I first saw the game, I rented it and couldn't play it alone. Eventually I gave it back without getting anywhere. Then when the second came out I decided to buy both of them. I haven't beaten either, I've gotten to the second night in Fatel Frame 1, and Chapter 5 in Fatel Frame 2. I like Fatel Frame 2 a lot more then 1, because of the plot and character. I can't wait for the thrid coming the NA in October.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the trailer I just saw, it looks like Fatal Frame III...

I dub it "Ju-on: The game." Because there are scares and scenes almost lifted from that movie.

o_o Freaky it be.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Orochi

Clan Nutsy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOVE Fatal Frame! absolutely adore it... just the dubbing is not exactly up to par.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: