Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Beaver People?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Beaverfolk... Love 'em or hate 'em?
Love Them
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Hate Them
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
I'd need more info.
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
Indifferent, Meh, Whatever.
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 40

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Beaver People? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm all for the various races displayed throughout Suikoden, but theose beaverlike characters... Are they like Duck Clan and Lizrd Clan and talk in english or are they like Mukumuku and not speak english, but provide some comedic relief.

There was a scene where a girl yells something about beavers breaking a dam or something. This leads me to believe that someone can communicate with them. If they can not speak english, maybe this will arise Badeaux as a character who has listening crystals to speak with the beaverfolk.

Or if they are an english speaking race, I'm led to believe that Konami has run out of ideas for new races. Come on, beavers? Kobolds and Ducks and Lizards are one thing, and the Cats in IV were decent, mainly because of Chiepoo. But beavers? Seriously... thats really stretching imaginations.

Its plausible I guess if Ducks and Cats can talk english, but until I see that these rodents are useful, I'm not going to hold them in high regard. More often than not animal-like races fall short of humans. Chiepoo, Sgt. Joe and Ridley are the only animal-like raced characters I liked. Gau was okay. I don't consider Wingers animal-like because they're humans with batwings.

So, what is your take on the new animal characters shown in Suikoden V?

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well we do need more info on them.

But i do not mind what animal race they put in. I am sure they will be able to speak the same language as humans, just like all the other animal races can do, why change it now?
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah...It's Suikoden III all over again.

"OMFG DUX!?!?!?! LOLZ TIHS WIL SUX!!11!"

one month after Suikoden III came out

"the DUX ROKED!!111!!"

I say just wait and see, yo.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am kind of indifferent on the matter, but I do wish they would stop making new races and concentrate on the ones we already have. We don't even know that much about all the current races and now we have at least one more. It is not like i hate these beaver people already, it is just that i would like more information on the races we have already seen. That won't happen if a new race is introduced every game.

I suppose you can say that with each landmass there are specific races. And since this is a water continent, what better race than the beavers. Hopefully Konami won't get out of control with this in the future though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As long as they're taken seriously. Animal races usually get treated like crap in RPG plots. They usually cannot speak properly and live in only one village. It doesn't make sense that they cannot properly speka thier own damn language and have somehow survived the years and developed a society and culture with only one village throughout history.

I hated the Nay-Kobold Village. It was a bunch of brightly colored cat-shaped houses. Sure, its good for a giggle, but how can you take that seriously? The game wants you to take the three Nay-Kobold characters seriously but after seeing thier village they lose any realism they had gained.

I don't mind if the beaver village ends up being a large dam, since that is how beavers really live. But if they all end up being moronic "no speaka de english" characters that use high-pitched cutesy voices I'll be angry.

Again.

^Actual quote!
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say they are ok but i think we have seen enough new races. If they work on the ones we have then that would be fine by me.

hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They look like cool characters, i say bring more animal creatures in suikoden!!!! , i like cool and mysterious characters.

( i like nay kabold becuase nay is soooo ugly and colorless.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The beavers are ok as long as Konami have good purpose for them. Maybe they'll have an attitude like the dwarves.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Who doesnt like Beaver :D

CLERKS
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
Who doesnt like Beaver :D

I don't. :P

The Beaver People look pretty decent, though.

YES. YES IT CAN.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I don't.

:? :shock: Oh you were pink

CLERKS
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
:? :shock: Oh you were pink

I...Have no idea what that means.

YES. YES IT CAN.

Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I...Have no idea what that means.

You uh live in San Francisco.

CLERKS
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaj I mean Mike wrote:
You uh live in San Francisco.

I live in Pennsylvania.

YES. YES IT CAN.

Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I live in Pennsylvania

Is that wher Dracula lives :?

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: