Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Mcdohl a good owner of the soul eater?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Is Mcdohl a good owner of the soul eater? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally i don't think so. For one the rune is supposed to be kept secret and barely used. Hes a national hero for the toran republic and so hes a perosn in the public eye with alot of the members of the govt knowing that he has the forbidden rune. And he used his powers a lot during the war. Also I doubt with his ability to draw people to him he would want to have to watch them all grow old while hes basically immortal.

How do you feel about this? and if you agree with me whose a better user?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mcdohl only used souleater when it was necesseary.Like when Windy tried to take it on numerous occasions,therefore hes a good owner of the souleater.
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah it's horrible , but I agree Sesshomaru , he uses the Souleater when it necessary or when he goes to war , and he uses it against his enemy I doubt he would harm the innocent people .
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The person he was supposed to keep it secret from was Windy, and obviously she knew he had it whether he used it or not so it really didn't matter. After the war when he wandered with Gremio I would imagine he used it sparingly though, if at all.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wasn't just Windy that they were keeping it a secret from it was more like hiding it and everyone who has knowledge about who has it a secret from those who would use the information and try to use the wielder for the wrong purpose. With all of his friends that he has what is stopping someone from taking a friend of his hostage if he doesnt comply with him.
Not only that but i doubt as i said earlier that he would want to be immortal.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, who made it a "forbidden Rune"? Tir doesn`t speak, so it`s hard to say much about his personality. And you seem to imply that every True Rune should be kept secret, and that it must suck for the bearer to watch their friends grow old and die. The ideal True Rune bearer must be a hermit, then. :)

As for the Soul Eater in particular...since it`s curse is so horrible, even for a True Rune, no one should wear it...the best thing to do would probably be sealing it off like the Flame Champion and Han/Genkaku did.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. It is the cursed rune. The bearer carries the curse around with him where ever he goes. It's curse steals the lives of the bearers friends, but also grows stronger as it steals. Notice as Odessa, Gremio, Teo, and Ted die that new abilities become avaliable from the Soul Eater. Soul Eater is just about the worse True Rune to have. It may be next to the Rune of Punishment for being the worse true runes.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I would not agree with you, I say that the Souleater is better being with Tir since he is the only one to understand the pain of bearing this rune and the full responsibility of keeping it safe from the hands of evil.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As I said earlier, wouldn`t it be better to seal it away using one of those Sindar techniques then? He could just keep it deep inside a vault and maybe check on it from time to time...

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
As I said earlier, wouldn`t it be better to seal it away using one of those Sindar techniques then? He could just keep it deep inside a vault and maybe check on it from time to time...

Maybe it will be better if he does seal it, but did you forget what happened to the flame champion when he sealed his true rune. He died just a while after doing it and he didn't even had the chance to enjoy his remaining life. you know maybe the outcome of doing this to the Souleater will be more worst and Tir will die after few minutes of sealing it, so I think keeping it is more better than taking it off and dieing eventually after few minutes then what will he benefit from doing it, and that's a question for you.
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think sealing is a good idea but very hard cause not many people know how to seal runes. but since he has sometime soooooo yes.

tir might die like 5 mins after sealing the rune cause he has had the rune of a long time, but then again didn't jimba live for sometime without the Water Rune?

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But wasn't the sealing of the True Fire Rune what caused the big explosion at the end of the first Fire Bringer war?

Of course, this begs the question of what Jimba/Wyatt did differently than the Fire Hero.
In the manga, however, Jimba still has the rune on his hand, its just dorment. Perhaps he just sealed (most of?) its powers where as the Fire Hero tried to get rid of it completly?
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the huge explosion was an out of control use of the rune not sealing it. Tir used the rune's powers to get windy away. Luc used the wind rune in suikoden 2.

i think if i remember correctly now that Jimba/ Wyatt didn't seal the rune until Yum or whatever killed herself and that sealed the rune.

and the pervious flame champion didn't die right after he sealed the rune he lived for a couple years in the hideout.

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

zeal wrote:
if i remember correctly now that Jimba/ Wyatt didn't seal the rune until Yum or whatever killed herself and that sealed the rune.

No, Yun was one of the multiple seals for the True Water Rune. She had to die to renew the seal, or something similar. The rune was sealed before, but she had to die to keep it sealed.
Atleast, that's what I seem to remember.

zeal wrote:
and the pervious flame champion didn't die right after he sealed the rune he lived for a couple years in the hideout.

Yes, but he was sickly and weak during the time.

edit/idiocy: yay, my 108th post ^^
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorta' two sided, he could be a bit more lucrative with the rune, though, he has been right to justify circumstance. It's all a matter of discernment, and as the soul eater consumes him, it's only right to assume it'll take on his identify and force him into seemingly narrow situations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: